Universal Love Princes Park - 10th Feb 2019 Update - $15M Fed Govt Grant - Post #1709

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HARKER

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Carlton
Well, it didn't serve a purpose. Simply occupied brain space.
Got turned off knowing a leader of a trade union many years ago. Spent many nights with him until I couldn't handle the robot he'd become.....a walking, talking, propaganda machine that displayed so many traits I learned to abhor. Nice enough guy...but no blood running through the veins.
Learned a lot about the mechanics, but just not for me, so yes...anarchist and maybe even anti-christ. Why not?

Blue and Silver

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Right,

I am ******* pissed.

The club clearly wants the expansion and so do I.

But I do not want to be receiving a ******* election pitch from the club in my inbox.

I bleed ******* Navy, I am a paid up member and I've been here through all of the damn darkness and none of the light.

I will not tolerate the Club touting political support to me. Keep that shit to your damn selves.

AceAndy

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Newcastle United, Dragons FFC
Well, it didn't serve a purpose. Simply occupied brain space.
Got turned off knowing a leader of a trade union many years ago. Spent many nights with him until I couldn't handle the robot he'd become.....a walking, talking, propaganda machine that displayed so many traits I learned to abhor. Nice enough guy...but no blood running through the veins.
Learned a lot about the mechanics, but just not for me, so yes...anarchist and maybe even anti-christ. Why not?
Was it Bill Shorten ? :oops:

Stamos

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
I'll bet the same people whining about the political bias were the same people wanting the club to publically take a supportive position on gay marriage.

Can't have it both ways
How do you figure? One was a social issue, the other was a poorly worded press release supporting a political party.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blue and Silver

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
I'll bet the same people whining about the political bias were the same people wanting the club to publically take a supportive position on gay marriage.

Can't have it both ways
Nice deflection.

Basic point is that this is a divisive message which unnecessarily spruiks one political side over the other.

Gay marriage is a civil rights issue.

The Coalition winning the election is not.

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
NY Giants
Nice deflection.

Basic point is that this is a divisive message which unnecessarily spruiks one political side over the other.

Gay marriage is a civil rights issue.

The Coalition winning the election is not.
What's to say the the ALP wouldn't have got a mention had they not made the same, or a superior offer?

If getting the $15m to our club requires a public thank you to the donating party, then so be it.

Blue and Silver

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
What's to say the the ALP wouldn't have got a mention had they not made the same, or a superior offer?

If getting the $15m to our club requires a public thank you to the donating party, then so be it.
Yeah, what if the State Labor government had committed 20m to the project.

I'd definitely get a special email then

Big_Luch

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Considering the general political leanings of posters on this site it isn't surprising the outrage over a pretty bland press release about some government funding.

If you want to get offended go complain about the avalanche of rubbish from Clive Palmer. The guys spending how many millions to buy some seats in parliament...

Stamos

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Considering the general political leanings of posters on this site it isn't surprising the outrage over a pretty bland press release about some government funding.

If you want to get offended go complain about the avalanche of rubbish from Clive Palmer. The guys spending how many millions to buy some seats in parliament...
It’s not bland. The club is getting money from governments from opposing sides, but named them differently. It should have named them as Federal Government and Victorian State Government, and not as the Liberal National Government and Daniel Andrews Government that it did.

OldCarltonKnows

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Carlton
I’ll be calling the club tomorrow to complain about the wording of the press release. It is really poor, and reflects poorly on the club.

I would recommend that everybody who feels the same also calls or writes to the club.
I bet the front-line people who work for the club, and probably don’t even know the President, can hardly wait for you ranting call. Seriously. Think before you act. Bloody *** politics.

I bleed Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Christ people, its a funding announcement by the Coalition Government, of course hes going to praise them. People reading way too much into the email.
This.

He can do whatever he wants, just so happens that this thing was stupid.

A statement to members that pisses off half of them
99.5% of supporters won't care. I'd say most will skim read over that part and get to how much been pledged and how it's going to be used.

AndyLucimitis

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Thread starter #1,775
In regards to the re-development does anyone know what is happening to the Gardiner Stand.

Would love to see it restored to former glory. See how charming it is at ground like the Nth Sydney oval where they've maintained the old stands and picket fences.

Top Bottom