Universal Love Princes Park - 10th Feb 2019 Update - $15M Fed Govt Grant - Post #1709

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Moderator #1,826

(Log in to remove this ad.)

drunkill

All Australian
AFL Club
Carlton
Is there any information about the Ikon Park masterplan? The image is intriguing.

View attachment 634828
Hopefully just a visual representation of a redevelopment and not actual plans. Hardly any seating up the popular end of the ground would make it such a dead zone. Also the loss of the best high vantage point at our home, the top tier of the pratt stand.

A hill/grassed area is a good idea but it should be where the current admin building is, not on the wing.

Doro

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wensleydale Wanderers
Hopefully just a visual representation of a redevelopment and not actual plans. Hardly any seating up the popular end of the ground would make it such a dead zone. Also the loss of the best high vantage point at our home, the top tier of the pratt stand.

A hill/grassed area is a good idea but it should be where the current admin building is, not on the wing.

That's a retrospective suggestion for Dick Pratt and his architect, all they can do now is plan around the current infrastructure.

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
NY Giants

So spot on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dangerousdane

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
So we get 15 million but hawthorn get 130 million. Seems fair. Hawthorns new facility will be the best training facility in the country.
We are getting $35M, both federal and state have offered money, although i haven't heard Federal labor match the Libs bid, this is on top of the money spent on the current training facility not that long ago.

We have done alright.

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
Hawks supposedly supplying $80m of it and asking for the rest in govt funding.
Legends stand type debt on steroids, I personally think it’s a gigantic risk.

Dingley, what has that got to do with Hawthorn...about as much as Seaford has to do with St.Kilda is what it is. Ironically in St.Kilda territory too especially so now they’ve moved back to Moorabbin.

Kennett, John Elliotesque in statements about the AFL continuously it’s a pity he knows when it’s time to go unlike Jack.

Tassie get a team suddenly and what happens then? Don’t rule it out, seems unlikely at the moment but you never know.

Doro

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wensleydale Wanderers
Legends stand type debt on steroids, I personally think it’s a gigantic risk.

Dingley, what has that got to do with Hawthorn...about as much as Seaford has to do with St.Kilda is what it is. Ironically in St.Kilda territory too especially so now they’ve moved back to Moorabbin.

Kennett, John Elliotesque in statements about the AFL continuously it’s a pity he knows when it’s time to go unlike Jack.

Tassie get a team suddenly and what happens then? Don’t rule it out, I know.
Major difference being it is an 80 acre training facility, rather than a grandstand. I agree the numbers seem over the top, who knows how viable it may be though.

Top Bottom