Universal Love Princes Park Update

Remove this Banner Ad

Not to throw salt. But I have to say the constant mention of the "Liberal National Government" and reference to Daniel Andrews and not the Labor Party. Is extremely inappropriate for mine. Using the club to support your political alignment is very dissapointing.
How so ?

Sending out a club announcement with bias to a political party to me is not appropriate. Politics has no place in football in my opinion.
I agree politics has no place in football, just not quite sure i am seeing the bias you are seeing bigm386 in MLGs email.

Not to throw salt. But I have to say the constant mention of the "Liberal National Government" and reference to Daniel Andrews and not the Labor Party. Is extremely inappropriate for mine. Using the club to support yourn political alignment is very dissapointing.
Maybe it was a condition on getting the funding - MLo had to mention Liberal Nationals Government 3 times in the first 3 paragraphs. :)

Surprised he left out "Written and authorised by MLo on behalf of the Liberal National Parties" at the bottom of the letter.

Last edited:
Not to throw salt. But I have to say the constant mention of the "Liberal National Government" and reference to Daniel Andrews and not the Labor Party. Is extremely inappropriate for mine. Using the club to support your political alignment is very dissapointing.
Disgusting and stupid statement put out by LoGiudice, especially in this pre-election period. It's not the Liberal National Government, nor their money, it's the Federal or Commonwealth Government.
Not the best way to recruit and maintain members. Don't know if LoG is a Liberal or just dumb. Perhaps both.

Disgusting and stupid statement put out by LoGiudice, especially in this pre-election period. It's not the Liberal National Government, nor their money, it's the Federal or Commonwealth Government.
Don't know if LoG is a Liberal or just dumb. Perhaps both.

I just don't get how you could be that stupid.

Agree on the political bias projected in the statement, a bad oversite by someone who clearly votes liberal.

Good news for our club though which will give our players a mental boost and help us trade in players going forward.

Disappointing that the capacity will not be expanded.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who cares, liberal , labor, nationals , pokies. ect ect. As long as it it improves our club i do not give a fat rats arse!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who cares, liberal , labor, nationals , pokies. ect ect. As long as it it improves our club i do not give a fat rats arse!!

It's not so much what party. For me it's what it represents and call me dramatic but it's the difference between me wanting to remain a member or not.

I am not comfortable supporting a club financially that has a political agenda.

He can praise whomever he needs to if it is good for our club

It's an empty promise that delivers nothing AND likely puts us offside with the (likely) incoming Labor federal govt. So it has far more potential to be bad for the club.

It's short sighted party political bullshit and the sort of thing that even amateur clubs have a policy for. It doesn't surprise me that MLG hasn't.

It's not so much what party. For me it's what it represents and call me dramatic but it's the difference between me wanting to remain a member or not.

I am not comfortable supporting a club financially that has a political agenda.
I think you are being overly dramatic here.

Can you send me a copy of the grateful personalised pre election gratitude sent to the Labor party? I missed that one.

Didnt have to, we personally named Daniel Andrews himself like a billion times. It was always - including this email - the Daniel Andrews State Government. I would like to know the difference between currying favour with the Liberal National Government as a group and personally catering to Daniel Andrews ego.

Where were you all when Elliot was president, not just of Carlton, but of the Federal Liberal party.

Didnt have to, we personally named Daniel Andrews himself like a billion times. It was always - including this email - the Daniel Andrews State Government. I would like to know the difference between currying favour with the Liberal National Government as a group and personally catering to Daniel Andrews ego.

Where were you all when Elliot was president, not just of Carlton, but of the Federal Liberal party.

Wow... If Elliot is the benchmark president we are using may as well hand the keys back to the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back