Universal Love Princes Park Update

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully just a visual representation of a redevelopment and not actual plans. Hardly any seating up the popular end of the ground would make it such a dead zone. Also the loss of the best high vantage point at our home, the top tier of the pratt stand.

A hill/grassed area is a good idea but it should be where the current admin building is, not on the wing.
So spot on

So we get 15 million but hawthorn get 130 million. Seems fair. Hawthorns new facility will be the best training facility in the country.

We are getting $35M, both federal and state have offered money, although i haven't heard Federal labor match the Libs bid, this is on top of the money spent on the current training facility not that long ago.

We have done alright.

Hawks supposedly supplying $80m of it and asking for the rest in govt funding.

Legends stand type debt on steroids, I personally think it’s a gigantic risk.

Dingley, what has that got to do with Hawthorn...about as much as Seaford has to do with St.Kilda is what it is. Ironically in St.Kilda territory too especially so now they’ve moved back to Moorabbin.

Kennett, John Elliotesque in statements about the AFL continuously it’s a pity he knows when it’s time to go unlike Jack.

Tassie get a team suddenly and what happens then? Don’t rule it out, seems unlikely at the moment but you never know.

Legends stand type debt on steroids, I personally think it’s a gigantic risk.

Dingley, what has that got to do with Hawthorn...about as much as Seaford has to do with St.Kilda is what it is. Ironically in St.Kilda territory too especially so now they’ve moved back to Moorabbin.

Kennett, John Elliotesque in statements about the AFL continuously it’s a pity he knows when it’s time to go unlike Jack.

Tassie get a team suddenly and what happens then? Don’t rule it out, I know.

Major difference being it is an 80 acre training facility, rather than a grandstand. I agree the numbers seem over the top, who knows how viable it may be though.

There plenty of room for Hawthorn at Dingley, the facilities will be 1st class and offer the community plenty as well. Smart move.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Carlton supposedly one of the biggest AFL clubs yet has to rely on govt money to upgrade their stadium...
Can’t remember a stadium upgrade that didn’t have a government grant/handout component involved.

There plenty of room for Hawthorn at Dingley, the facilities will be 1st class and offer the community plenty as well. Smart move.

and for after training entertainment?

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope you don't mind an opposition supporter's perspective.

We make around $600,000 from 20,000 people per game at Simonds Stadium (even higher for a capacity crowd). If you arranged something like that at PP and had Footscray/North playing some home games there, then it could be fairly profitable.

Would a return be possible now you have replaced an entire grandstand with a gymnasium though? Something like that I imagine would've cost millions, and you'd probably have to replace it to get the ground up to scratch again (which I'm not sure is worthwhile).

Princes Park could have worked with a capacity of 40,000 and lights for night games- you guys raking in plenty of $$$ from playing 7-8 matches there a season (with home games against the Pies, Dons, Richmond at the MCG) and lower-drawing Melbourne clubs playing some home games there.

Don't think it's facilities are a problem, went there for a practice match last year and it appeared in very good nick. The considerable restraints would be the costs involved (possibly several hundreds of millions of dollars for a full redevelopment, which is what has occurred with Simonds Stadium), the gymnasium at one end of the ground, and capacity issues, so with that in mind a return probably wouldn't gain AFL approval.

Was a real shame that PP was discarded, probably the best stadium to watch the footy at aside from the MCG prior to the construction of the Legends stand. Would love it to host AFL again and I'd definitely attend a Carlton/Geelong game there. :thumbsu:
Amazing yur team makes $600,000 from 20,000 people.

now kardinia park holds 40,000 seats

Amazing yur team makes $600,000 from 20,000 people.

now kardinia park holds 40,000 seats
In order to be profitable a venue needs to host a crowd of at least 22,000 - 18 times a year.

A friend of mine was involved in the development proposal of PP and many other venues and these are the numbers given.

Carlton supposedly one of the biggest AFL clubs yet has to rely on govt money to upgrade their stadium...

Oh hello look who has managed to tear themselves away from the Main Board and pay us a visit. :tearsofjoy:

Carlton are gonna swing and miss with teague like your other 10 past coaches your deadset going backwards... terrible club that no one wants go to, apart from fringeys and has beens

Carlton and Geelong are absolute filth of clubs.

4. St Kilda (massive signings in the offseason and Ratts at the helm will help them jump up the ladder)

17. Carlton (terrible club wont improve at all and will go backwards)

I would say saints would be the best team to not win a premiership, pies had MCG home ground advantage though which was bulls**t

Bulls**t we do wonders for the AFL, we are one of the biggest clubs in the league when our juggernaut gets going as seen in 09 we can bring scary numbers for the AFL and even when we are down we play at the league owned stadium of the docklands so all the money is going in the AFLs pockets or ours. We are more beneficial for the league than any team that plays at a stadium not owned by the AFL

More Friday night games for my Saints please... find it bulls**t how we barely get any yet we are one of the bigger clubs in the league

There is no big 4 anymore, all clubs are contributing massively to the league except maybe suns and gws. The teams that play at marvel stadium such as saints and dogs are the backbone of the AFL as the stadium is owned by the league and all the profits go to the AFL.

Papley and Martin aren't even at the club yet and you are gonna pay overs for them to get the club. Martin could barely get a game at the suns... Butler coming to the Saints will have 10x the impact those players have.

middle of the road club, few decent pickups might scrape them in the 8 but they will never be a premiership team with this playing group... I see clubs like St Kilda as a club who ignores the draft for the next few years and really benefit from it with a top 4 finish next season

Geelong losing kelly with affect the club massively. I don't see them getting Steven as he is worth a 1st rounder at minimum. Not being able to pick up superstars like Steven after just losing Kelly will see the cats miss the 8.

The big 4 is made up bullshit marketing strategy Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon and Richmond use. Collingwood and tigers play at the G and use it as an indicator for big crowds yet most clubs are selling out games at smaller stadiums such as west coast, crows and saints... attendance is a bullshit indicator for a club. Essendon and Carlton are cheats and have no integrity the teams have been dying since the 90s/early 00s and will be merged or relocated in the next 20 years.

I think the AFL should stop giving out concessions to clubs like gold coast. Clubs like Saints never get concessions when they are having bad times because they are one of the biggest clubs in the league... its bullshit

lol from a dees fan, yeah i know carlton are a joke of a club but a bit rich coming from u melbourne are stinky poopoo

lol tigers wont travel to perth... they are the most favoured team in the comp. Their last two premierships have no integrity

I already made my ladder predictions before the trade period as top 4 contenders and I was laughed at but now that the trade rumours have come into fruition and with a new coach, I truely believe the saints are a top 4 side and potential 2020 Grand final winners.

What does everyone think?

hey im from the future dont bother watching the next 19 years... st kilda won all 19 premierships

why the fu** are carlton playing the first 3 thursday night games to start the season. THEY ARE TRASH and play an unwatchable brand of footy. Put them on sunday twighlight where they belong ffs. Boycotting those games so the AFL learns not to put terrible teams on thursday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back