Universal Love Princes Park Update

Remove this Banner Ad

What are they wrong about, you’ve seen plans have you?

Have I seen plans that they haven't released? No. But in the press release they've talked about demolishing the Pratt stand without any note of building additional seats. this isn't acceptable.

Will I change my point of view if this is wrong or there is additional seating? Yes. But I can only go off the information they've provided.

Plus, I do think they need to consult the members when tampering with our spiritual home.

Eventually the AFL will start charging admission to AFLW games. I think this will have an impact on attendances at these games. Regardless of this, outside of the season commencing Carlton v Collingwood games, there haven't been too many games drawing 15k, let alone 20k.

That’s it in a nutshell....maybe they move the opening game to Etihad? No other game gets above 20k

They’re not going to knock down the stand and not replace the seating. Gil on the radio today said capacity would be about 22k
"As part of the Masterplan, the Club intends to demolish facilities in the south-west corner of Ikon Park to make way for additional elite facilities, including an education hub and administration area to cater for the expansion and growth of female football and the broader Carlton Football Club."

Are the AFL going to over-rule Carlton?

"As part of the Masterplan, the Club intends to demolish facilities in the south-west corner of Ikon Park to make way for additional elite facilities, including an education hub and administration area to cater for the expansion and growth of female football and the broader Carlton Football Club."

Are the AFL going to over-rule Carlton?

Plus pretty poor form to try and hide the Pratt stand as "south west corner". Sounds like they knew demolishing the Pratt stand would be a touchy subject.

There is no information about the plans. Shouldn't members be consulted and involved in such a big change?
Mate the board don't give a stuff about us and have never consulted the members on anything...

Like the Heatley and Harris stands, our past administrations seem to prefer demolishion over compromise and consulting. Such a sad day, with so much history lost

Have I seen plans that they haven't released? No. But in the press release they've talked about demolishing the Pratt stand without any note of building additional seats. this isn't acceptable.

Will I change my point of view if this is wrong or there is additional seating? Yes. But I can only go off the information they've provided.

Plus, I do think they need to consult the members when tampering with our spiritual home.

How about you keep your knickers on and wait for some plans to come out!!

I have a feeling you are one of those who harbours ambition of AFL games being played again at PP...put simply, whilst the AFL owns a ground and has serious contractual obligations to the MCG trust it just won’t happen so please let it stop clouding your thought process.

????
What are you on about?
You just said
"They’re not going to knock down the stand and not replace the seating. Gil on the radio today said capacity would be about 22k"

Thats not on the agenda with Carlton's "exciting grand plan". Ground will be lucky to hold 15K.
The plans certainly don't include a new grandstand btw for people to sit in.

If your right it would seem the AFL might overrule our plan..

Plus pretty poor form to try and hide the Pratt stand as "south west corner". Sounds like they knew demolishing the Pratt stand would be a touchy subject.

Pratt stand, Hawthorn stand whatever, it’s still nearly 50 years old and dilapidated. MCG wanting to rebuild half the G after 25 years and we sit here and argue over a 50 y at stand that really isn’t that great...bloody laughable

You just said
"They’re not going to knock down the stand and not replace the seating. Gil on the radio today said capacity would be about 22k"

Thats not on the agenda with Carlton's "exciting grand plan". Ground will be lucky to hold 15K.
The plans certainly don't include a new grandstand btw for people to sit in.

If your right it would seem the AFL might overrule our plan..

Have you seen the plans? Where has anyone said capacity will be 15k?

How about you keep your knickers on and wait for some plans to come out!!

I have a feeling you are one of those who harbours ambition of AFL games being played again at PP...put simply, whilst the AFL owns a ground and has serious contractual obligations to the MCG trust it just won’t happen so please let it stop clouding your thought process.

Do I think there is value in increasing the capacity of the ground? Yes. We were told for years that there was no use for the ground anymore.

What happened? We now have regular pre-season matches and AFLW games there. You can't predict the future anymore than I can. However, pulling down one of the best stands at the ground in way of viewing and seating for more administrative space is ludicrous.

Clubs are looking for additional ways to drive revenue such as e-sports, NBL clubs etc. Well one of our opportunities is this beautiful ground that has a decent capacity and is close to the city. We need to look after PP not just because it is vital to the heritage of our proud club, but also because it could be a cash cow for the club.

No one expected a redevelopment of PP, no one expected AFLW games there nor the sellout at game 1 of AFLW. No one expected us to sell out the ground for a pre-season match. So considering so many people have been wrong time and time again, why is it crazy to look at way of keeping the ground viable?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pratt stand, Hawthorn stand whatever, it’s still nearly 50 years old and dilapidated. MCG wanting to rebuild half the G after 25 years and we sit here and argue over a 50 y at stand that really isn’t that great...bloody laughable

Laughable? Rather demeaning. People want their children and grandchildren to enjoy PP. It is an asset that must be protected and not just turned into 2 wings of administrative buildings. The ground has new life - what an exciting time to capatilise on the potential uses. Administrative buildings could go literally anywhere else.

Have you seen the plans? Where has anyone said capacity will be 15k?
Its not that hard to put in a bit of commonsense mate

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-04-13/ikon-parks-20m-boost

Our lunatic president has proposed a masterplan which involves demolishing the "South-west corner" stand, thats the Pratt Stand.
In its place are elite facilites, education hub and ADMINISTRATION area to it will look pretty similar to the crap behind the goals. With a concrete and glass building there will be no room or money for seating. The capasity will be 15K if this pathetic proposal goes ahead.

You obviously don't care one bit about our footy club.

Its basically all thats left from the heyday and has so much history behind it . Yeah it may be a little old, but thats what makes it special, sitting in the wooden seats that you once sited in 20 years ago. A place for families to unite and make you feel like your a part of Carlton. Even if it is old, there are other stands older that could go first for an admin building.

You try to compare it to the MCG when in essence its chalk and cheese considering the MCG hosts AFL games each week while PP hosts nothing and certainly isn't looked to being upgraded for AFL games with the current administration. The stand has a love in all Carlton supporters hearts and killing it would basically kill the ground....

Laughable? Rather demeaning. People want their children and grandchildren to enjoy PP. It is an asset that must be protected and not just turned into 2 wings of administrative buildings. The ground has new life - what an exciting time to capatilise on the potential uses. Administrative buildings could go literally anywhere else.

Yep laughable....the same as your clear thoughts that Carlton men’s team will play there again for premiership points. It was ridiculous odds 5 years ago let alone when the AFL bought outright a stadium that is clearly going to be here for another 40 years.

Just be thankful that PP will not be Vic Park or Windy Hill and move on.

Its not that hard to put in a bit of commonsense mate

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-04-13/ikon-parks-20m-boost

Our lunatic president has proposed a masterplan which involves demolishing the "South-west corner" stand, thats the Pratt Stand.
In its place are elite facilites, education hub and ADMINISTRATION area to it will look pretty similar to the crap behind the goals. With a concrete and glass building there will be no room or money for seating. The capasity will be 15K if this pathetic proposal goes ahead.

It doesn’t mention capacity. The only time capacity has been mentioned that I’ve seen was Gil saying about 22k. You’re pulling that 15 figure from your arse. Calm down

You obviously don't care one bit about our footy club.

Its basically all thats left from the heyday and has so much history behind it . Yeah it may be a little old, but thats what makes it special, sitting in the wooden seats that you once sited in 20 years ago. A place for families to unite and make you feel like your a part of Carlton. Even if it is old, there are other stands older that could go first for an admin building.

You try to compare it to the MCG when in essence its chalk and cheese considering the MCG hosts AFL games each week while PP hosts nothing and certainly isn't looked to being upgraded for AFL games with the current administration. The stand has a love in all Carlton supporters hearts and killing it would basically kill the ground....

WTF are you talking about? Grow up!!

It doesn’t mention capacity. The only time capacity has been mentioned that I’ve seen was Gil saying about 22k. You’re pulling that 15 figure from your arse. Calm down
Ok, fine
Tell me then what is likely to happen because what the club has said and what Gill has said are 2 different things

I always thought "demolishion" meant reduction in capacity, but I must have it wrong

Ok, fine
Tell me then what is likely to happen because what the club has said and what Gill has said are 2 different things

I always thought "demolishion" meant reduction in capacity, but I must have it wrong

They'll build a new stand won't they?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back