Universal Love Princes Park Update

Which of the 118 genders does Aph identity with?
Haha saw some SJW type on Youtube the other day trying to explain how gender was fluid now with nearly infinite choice. What a load of absolute rubbish.

Dadadadaaaaaa

Cancelled
Aug 24, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
I never said that at all. Stop making things up to suit your agenda.

I am NOT a HE. How many times do you need to be told!
You gonna give me the strap Mrs:rolleyes:

And yes you did say that, don't lie. Lying is bad you know

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Really wish the government would stop spending our money to prop up multi billion dollar earning sporting codes.

Go build a fully funded hospital instead ffs

Actually propping up your tourism and revenue through investment in the infrastructure (and a few votes here and there :) ).
It won’t cost the taxpayer a cent...
I’m dirty on hospitals too, yet to win even a consulation prize in the RMH Home Lottery.

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
They haven’t said opposing things. They’ll replace the Pratt stand. Capacity will be about 22k
The email from MLG makes no reference to building a new stand. Quite the opposite:
"As part of the Masterplan, the stands in the south west corner of Ikon Park will be demolished to make way for new training facilities, an education hub and an administration area to cater for the expansion and growth of female football, the broader Carlton Football Club and the wider football community."

By removing the Pratt Stand & most likely the terrace area in front of it, the ground capacity will be significantly reduced.

Kreuz Control

Team Captain
Jul 26, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Evolution baby!! It's a great thing for the club, maybe people need to center their chakras and wait until some plans are released before popping a blood vessel

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
The email from MLG makes no reference to building a new stand. Quite the opposite:
"As part of the Masterplan, the stands in the south west corner of Ikon Park will be demolished to make way for new training facilities, an education hub and an administration area to cater for the expansion and growth of female football, the broader Carlton Football Club and the wider football community."

By removing the Pratt Stand & most likely the terrace area in front of it, the ground capacity will be significantly reduced.

For mine, I feel like this whole thing as football supporters has us very much in the dark.
Until I see what is actually happening, it seems a lot of smoke and mirrors to really know what will happen. Everything seems so vague of what I heard so far apart from MCG has the grand final for at least another four decades. Right now got little idea what going on with our ground or if it is our ground anymore. Sadly, I think it is not.
E-mail was not very revealing apart from south-west has plans for being pulled down at some stage.

sosos

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I will reserve my judgment. The last thing this ground needs is another piecemeal upgrade and $40m is not going to cut it.

1. The Gardiner must be restored. This is an asset of the state of Victoria and should be treated as such.
2. The Heroes stand is terrible and should be demolished and rebuilt.
3. The Pratt stand is dilapidated. Something should be done.
4. As someone else said , why did they build the administration building on the ground?

The ground should be aiming for a capacity of 25 to 30k. Thats for future proofing. Regardless of which comp plays there.

One last thing. .. are they going to fix the lights?

Sep 16, 2010
Coastal cruiser
AFL Club
Carlton
With planning, permitting, construction costs these days, 40m ain’t gonna get us s**t, and 20 m less than s**t.
And i’ll Say it for the 3rd time, funding is contingent upon the feds chipping in there bit. It’s clearly stated in the email from MLG.
So it’s more than likely gonna be 20m.
Oh and the club is supposedly going to be contributing...how much?
1m, 2m, 5-10m, I don’t want us going into further debt for some half arsed Reno for administrative facilities and some women’s change rooms.
We need a definitive answer from the AFL, will there ever be the possibility of playing AFL games there in the future.
If yes, do it properly and create a 30k seat boutique stadium, if no,may as well knock all the old stands down and put a nice bloody fence around it. Stop bleeding money keeping the joint maintained.

Doro

Collective Narcissism Support Group
Sep 22, 2011
62 West Wallaby St.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wensleydale Wanderers
With planning, permitting, construction costs these days, 40m ain’t gonna get us s**t, and 20 m less than s**t.
And i’ll Say it for the 3rd time, funding is contingent upon the feds chipping in there bit. It’s clearly stated in the email from MLG.
So it’s more than likely gonna be 20m.
Oh and the club is supposedly going to be contributing...how much?
1m, 2m, 5-10m, I don’t want us going into further debt for some half arsed Reno for administrative facilities and some women’s change rooms.
We need a definitive answer from the AFL, will there ever be the possibility of playing AFL games there in the future.
If yes, do it properly and create a 30k seat boutique stadium, if no,may as well knock all the old stands down and put a nice bloody fence around it. Stop bleeding money keeping the joint maintained.

It is going to be the hq of AFLW. I'm not sure what is wrong with that as there is tremendous growth potential. Don't know why the men's games need to be brought into it.

sosos

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
HQ for Aflw is the clear driver here. It will now, presumably, also be our training ground and home forever.

Regular AFL is not part of this agenda.

Its great exposure for the club and my expectation is they translate this into growth for the club as a whole.

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
If yes, do it properly and create a 30k seat boutique stadium

In a Bill Clinton defensive voiceover;
“There will not be AFL games as Ikon Park”

Boutique stadium idea is closed with the Etihad Stadium re-jig on greater revenue sharing/return to the clubs playing there and also the MCG deals are going to be more club friendly. It’s a 2 stadium city as far as AFL goes with the announced expenditure.

Back