Universal Love Princes Park Update

Remove this Banner Ad

Might it simply be a case of wanting the new facility to be alongside the existing hq? Would be odd to have them on opposite sides of the ground with disused grandstands between.

It could be linked via the rear of the stand, there is room there to build, currently a car park I think.

Sadly that is the council depot. So the club doesn't 'own' that space, not unless we help the council re-locate elsewhere.

The old depot area was beside the gatekeepers house of princes park, outside the entrance to the Pratt stand whee the tramstop is.
They removed that and opened that space back into parkland.

Sadly that is the council depot. So the club doesn't 'own' that space, not unless we help the council re-locate elsewhere.

The old depot area was beside the gatekeepers house of princes park, outside the entrance to the Pratt stand whee the tramstop is.
They removed that and opened that space back into parkland.

Share it, we need tenants as a part of any redevelopment, helps with funding, we already share that space and the Elliott stand with multiple others.

im sure they would love new facilitates too.

Nothing until 2020 it sounds like if all goes to plan start demolition right after the 2020 aflw season ends I suspect. The club is still trying to secure federal funding, which will only happen with a Shorten labor government as they're getting nowhere with the current mob changing leader every 12 months and not caring about victoria.

Nothing until 2020 it sounds like if all goes to plan start demolition right after the 2020 aflw season ends I suspect. The club is still trying to secure federal funding, which will only happen with a Shorten labor government as they're getting nowhere with the current mob changing leader every 12 months and not caring about victoria.

Labor would have to have the biggest choke in history not to get in at the next election.

I doubt we will get the federal funding as well, from what I was told.

Labor would have to have the biggest choke in history not to get in at the next election.
and people like you can make sure of it now that you're a FB influencer, my very, very, good friend.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

................and we spent it all on this.

S1.jpg
Photo by yours truly.

Surprised no one else noticed this at training the other day. You'd think they could've cleaned up the area behind it and painted over the "Yes Optus" sign. How many years ago did that sponsorship expire??? Still some improvement, no matter how small, is better than none...........I guess.

View attachment 599499
Photo by yours truly.

Surprised no one else noticed this at training the other day. You'd think they could've cleaned up the area behind it and painted over the "Yes Optus" sign. How many years ago did that sponsorship expire??? Still some improvement, no matter how small, is better than none...........I guess.
Is it new? Looks like the one that's been there for the aflw seasons. Really hard to read if you aren't at the right angle.

Agree about the lack of work on the old signs. Mottled.

View attachment 599499
Photo by yours truly.

Any fence signs "Ken Caffyn - I plumb Carlton"?

View attachment 599499
Photo by yours truly.

hands up who can recall ever understanding a word from the pp pa system?

hands up who can recall ever understanding a word from the pp pa system?
I understood it when my name was called out one day. I raced off wondering what catastrophe had befallen the family. I get to the destination and there’s a schoolmate of mine. He knew I’d be at the footy and wanted to see me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back