Universal Love Princes Park Update

These comments are gold. The St Kilda debt must be a result of what a massive club they are, wonder which injury prone kid they are going to target this year?

They've already traded for a money-hungry flakey outside wingman......

COOGRE

Cancelled
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Southampton FC, New Orleans Saints
sorry guys, i got banned for that comment by that elmer fudd dude. I have learnt my lesson not to be mean and troll other clubs. Your club has played an integral part in creating our great game and have been involved in some iconic moments and games. If i could go back and not post that comment i would because it has been eating away at me all week and have had a few sleepless nights because of it. anyway best of luck in 2020 go saints

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
sorry guys, i got banned for that comment by that elmer fudd dude. I have learnt my lesson not to be mean and troll other clubs. Your club has played an integral part in creating our great game and have been involved in some iconic moments and games. If i could go back and not post that comment i would because it has been eating away at me all week and have had a few sleepless nights because of it. anyway best of luck in 2020 go saints

You are not fooling anyone.

Best stick to the Saints Board and the Main Board.

AndyLucimitis

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea

Are you naturally this stupid or have you had training ???

giphy.gif

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Wut? Am I missing the sarcasm?

Not really, not a big fan of governments giving stadiums vast amounts of money to upgrade stadiums like Geelong have gotten over the years.

A sizable portion of Richmond's upgrade of Punt Road came from their Fighting Fury supporter fundraiser, which is how it should be imo..

Canyouhearthedrums

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Not really, not a big fan of governments giving stadiums vast amounts of money to upgrade stadiums like Geelong have gotten over the years.

A sizable portion of Richmond's upgrade of Punt Road came from their Fighting Fury supporter fundraiser, which is how it should be imo..

I’m no fan either but I was referring to the suggestion that it doesn’t happen in the USA. Public money is consistently spent on stadiums there and its led to some disgraceful outcomes. It’s a hugely controversial issue.

This covers it well: https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/11/sports-stadiums-can-be-bad-cities/576334/

agro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
They may have to bring the start of the development forward, as we just passed Princes Park right now and there were a couple of fire trucks outside, and a few more heading down Royal Parade as I write, hope it’s a false alarm.

Lace_Out

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Most likely a false alarm, though they tend to happen more during the week when techs forget to isolate the ASE (alarm signaling equipment) on the fire panel before their monthly/6 monthly/annual/5 yearly tests. Or when other tradies are doing works on non isolated systems, as dust will set off detectors.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sammoll

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne City FC, Southampton FC
Whilst I am glad that this going ahead and excited with what it means for our AFLW side, it is bittersweet with the iconic Pratt Stand making way for the new facilities. This is also the final nail in the coffin for anyone who thought we could still play any AFL matches here with seating capacity set to reduce due to this.

pratt.png

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
Whilst I am glad that this going ahead and excited with what it means for our AFLW side, it is bittersweet with the iconic Pratt Stand making way for the new facilities. This is also the final nail in the coffin for anyone who thought we could still play any AFL matches here with seating capacity set to reduce due to this.

View attachment 888000
This is great for the footy club and the women’s game. Now all they have to do is build a facility at Princes Park that makes it a community asset. After all it’s still Carlton’s home and it would be nice to make it into a facility where people could live a bit of their lives outside of footy games.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Email from MLo (10/02/2019) ...

e6694c39-4b9e-4eff-9b5d-dfc9b312e532.jpg

Dear Aph (real name redacted) :tonguewink:

I write to you today with the exciting news that the Liberal Nationals Government will be committing $15M to the redevelopment of Ikon Park, cementing the facility as Melbourne’s home of AFLW.

This significant investment will allow the Club the opportunity to support the increase in demand to service the Club’s combined football programs and the wider community, with opportunities available to inspire and develop the next generation of female sporting talent.

We are thrilled by the support received from the Liberal Nationals Government and we sincerely thank the Federal Treasurer Josh Frydenberg, Prime Minister Scott Morrison and the Liberal Nationals Government, for their commitment of $15M. This investment, in addition to the $20M provided by the Daniel Andrews State government, will consolidate Ikon Park as the home of women’s football and the long-term base of the Carlton Football Club.

Not only is this investment fantastic for AFLW, but also for the greater community. The investment made by both State and Federal governments will now make further pathways possible for girls and young women who want to play football at the highest level.

With the expansion of the AFLW competition and growth in female participation numbers increasing, providing elite facilities in the heart of Melbourne is essential to growing Carlton and the game of AFL.

Our new integrated facilities will provide all of our athletes across AFLW, AFL, VFLW and VFL the same professional experiences and opportunities.

As part of the Masterplan, the Club will also further develop the education facilities which currently house the Carlton College of Sport, providing a range of education experiences to female athletes, coaches and the wider community. Football administration facilities will also be expanded to allow for the continued growth of female football and the broader Carlton Football Club.

Most importantly, Ikon Park will be developed to provide upgraded match-day facilities including lights to broadcast standard, new player change-room facilities and a range of further upgrades that will greatly enhance the supporter experience, ensuring that attendance at all games continues to increase, with seating capacity at the ground to remain around 18,000 – 20,000 people.

The redevelopment process commenced with the surface upgrade completed in 2018, undertaken by the Club at a cost in excess of $2M.

We will now progress to finalise plans with construction anticipated to commence in 2020. We will continue to update you with the progress of the redevelopment in due course.

Go Blues!

Mark LoGiudice
President, Carlton Football Club
Member ID: 12010170
this got my attention. They are going to Bring lights for potiential night games.

Seating Capacity to remain around 18-20,000 people. I was hoping it would go up to 25-30,000 people to be brough back as a Possible AFL venue

This is great for the footy club and the women’s game. Now all they have to do is build a facility at Princes Park that makes it a community asset. After all it’s still Carlton’s home and it would be nice to make it into a facility where people could live a bit of their lives outside of footy games.
What exactly are you suggesting they build at Princes Park Robbo ?

Back