Universal Love Princes Park Update

Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Apart from the money issue mentioned above and the fact that it would be too small for us straight away, building stands around oval 2 would mean moving/knocking down a large kids playground, tennis courts, cricket/soccer club rooms and walking paths. The lack of room is another reason this will not happen.
I'll allow it.
4xenjr.jpeg

TD2010

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
You couldn't beat the seats on the 2nd level of the Pratt Stand - around 5 rows from the rails - near the 50 (45 metre arc in those days ;) ), had those seats for nearly 20 years.

:D
Same, for about 5 seasons, late to early 80s, many a 10 goal 3rd qtr. So many characters too, the guy with the Bartlett doll on a stick my favourite.

(but glad the structures gone esp the dunnies out the back)

Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Bye bye best seats in the house...

The Pratt (Hawthorn) Stand is being demolished this week.
View attachment 1167116

Geez it was an ugly stand, but as I grew older, it was something that was distinctively Princes Park and I really liked it, I wish they extended it, upgraded it instead.

agro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Same, for about 5 seasons, late to early 80s, many a 10 goal 3rd qtr. So many characters too, the guy with the Bartlett doll on a stick my favourite.

(but glad the structures gone esp the dunnies out the back)

There was the guy who would yell out “your an idiot Goldspink” even when Goldspink wasn’t umpiring.

:p

WFGodot

Cancelled
Nov 3, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Never watched a game in the Hawthorn/Pratt Stand. I started watching Carlton at PP when it was built. I did go up there a few years back and thought to myself, hmmm, kind of missed a really good view. Who knew?

KJP7

Senior List
Mar 22, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
The first game of footy I attended I sat in the Pratt Stand with the old man, just so happened to coincide with my favorite player at the time (Brad Pearce) getting KO'd against the Crows.

Such a great spot to watch the footy.

Back