List Mgmt. Priority pick

Should PP’s be given to:

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No, no and no.

The club need to remind them at AFL HQ why they didn’t give us one last year when by every single measure imaginable we needed one.

The club needs to be very strong on this, give the suns an extended salary cap and off field soft cap, continue to put in money to get their facilities up to scratch and anything else that will actually help them.

They’ve picked the eyes out of the draft significantly more than we have over the last 4 years, they do not need another kid
Exactly why we should get them one.

It will neither boost them nor effect us.

It will hopefully cause enough outrage at the double standards that the whole thing gets removed entirely.

It will make Adelaide fans salty which will be hilarious.

I think GCS needs help this year and need the first round #1 pick that will give them picks #1 & #2 thats a good head start and no ridiculous bulls**t they have to on trade it for a mature player/s..
Maybe more concessions with mature age players like last year for them as well, maybe better concessions with their academy kids could come at a better discount for the next year or two...
They also need some soft cap help to entice the right people to head up there that would help them in areas of need with coaching and development, better money offers will give them a greater chance to land the right people...
The next 2years are pretty important for this club or it might just turn critical with more players to just keep walking out year on year...

Won’t happen but would love it....

Gold Coast get a priority pick that must be traded for mature players and we do the deal with them, so we end up getting a pick before Adelaide

Only problem I don’t want to give up anyone that would be worth pick 1/2 How about Casboult and Kerr? Pity cas is a free agent....

The concept of a PP is a tool to reduce the length of time a club remains in the bottom half of the ladder. It is not going to INSTANTLY fix a club, but long term it should help a club.
Then you combine this with a club that sorts out their off field issues and bang you get a club back into the finals quicker.

If Carlton got one last year, we may have selected someone like Rankine. While he would not help THIS year, imagine already having a superstar small forward on our list ready to go for next year and the follow year... Assuming Rankine did not get injured as well, it would have been helpful this year as well, you can already see what Sam Walsh has managed to do to our midfield.

The fact we lost so many games for years on end and did not get a pick, makes me think the PP is just BS.

I personally think we should have got one last year and I also think this year GCS should get one.

It does unfortunately make trading future draft picks riskier, but I guess that is life at times.

My 7 year old boy has never experienced Carlton being a good side and you can lose generations of supporters, he is now an Eagles fan. You really don't want clubs in the bottom half of the ladder for extended periods of time.

Gold Coast get a priority pick that must be traded for mature players and we do the deal with them, so we end up getting a pick before Adelaide

I have a feel that the club that manages to secure the deal will get a bargain. Just like those clubs that managed to trade with clubs who wish to stack late round selections.

What could we legitimately trade them though? Would we be bold and give them something like a combo of Casboult/Plowman/Kennedy + Late Picks?

Not sure we have someone viable. It would have to be something like Docherty, an older player that has a few question marks.
I would do Kennedy and Cas in a heart beat.

When we win our next premiership, we will have no priority pick players in it, it will be a premiership earned through our own hard work, no gifts from head office.

We never needed a priority pick to begin with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won’t happen but would love it....

Only problem I don’t want to give up anyone that would be worth pick 1/2 How about Casboult and Kerr? Pity cas is a free agent....

Not picking on you, but requiring a pick to he traded is an awful idea. GC would be forced to overpay for whoever they can entice, and a well-off club will commit draft robbery. Lachie Weller comes to mind.

I can't believe that this thread was opened just 18 days ago, hopefully we don't see the likes of it again.

On SM-T595 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not directly related to us but Caro said on Footy Classified that Gold Coast will go to the AFL to ask for a priority pick and the commission are seriously considering it. Not a fan of her but she generally gets good mail

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Caro has doubled-down on this on The Age Real Footy Podcast, saying she is convinced that the Gold Coast will get pick 2 as a PP.

Caro has doubled-down on this on The Age Real Footy Podcast, saying she is convinced that the Gold Coast will get pick 2 as a PP.

I will enjoy the Adelaide thread if this does happen.
If a PP does exist, then nobody could argue that GCS need one.
It does not mean it will FIX all their issues, but long term it will help them rebuild a lot quicker.
Assuming they get their off field issues sorted as well.

Where is the outrage that was there last year?
Suns have had plenty of draft picks, by design they traded out May last year for more draft picks.
The calls of an unfair compromised draft?
How can the AFL possibly justify this when we were denied one last year?

Last edited:
I will enjoy the Adelaide thread if this does happen.
If a PP does exist, then nobody could argue that GCS need one.
It does not mean it will FIX all their issues, but long term it will help them rebuild a lot quicker.
Assuming they get their off field issues sorted as well.

While I dislike extra salary measures, I think it is needed for GC, rather than compromising the draft with a PP.

That way, they have a greater chance of keeping or enticing mature players to be at the club Once they become healthy/competitive, remove it

While I dislike extra salary measures, I think it is needed for GC, rather than compromising the draft with a PP.

That way, they have a greater chance of keeping or enticing mature players to be at the club Once they become healthy/competitive, remove it
Agree, as long as the AFL don't wait until they win 3 flags in a row to remove it.

AFL can’t fix the fact not many players want to stay there. Until the afl strengthen the local amateur league players will invariable want to go home. They need to have at least fifty percent Queensland players on their senior list for stability ... maybe one day you could help with that Azza 😜

I don't mind a multi tooled concept. I find the issue with increased salary cap is the fact you end up over paying spuds and it ruins the market place for wages.

I probably prefer a compromised draft.

Back