List Mgmt. Priority pick

Should PP’s be given to:

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just because you don’t like the discussion of a subject doesn’t mean others shouldn’t be able to discuss it. If you don’t like the thread unwatch it, simples.

We should kill the discussion because it's a waste of time: we won't get one.

We should also kill the discussion because it's embarrassing. We'll never be a destination club while we even entertain these silly discussions.

We should also kill the discussion because it's embarrassing. We'll never be a destination club while we even entertain these silly discussions.

If you don't like this thread, ignore it.

Simple!

say wut?

If you don't like this thread, ignore it.

Simple!

What do you think the likelihood of us getting a PP or any type of concession if we finish with a couple more wins?

I'd say it's somewhere between zero and zero.

What makes you think there won't be backlash towards St Kilda?

The very first article I saw on this was headed "Saints' stunning request for AFL handout".

It's been "news" for hours.

The only "supportive" article I've seen was from The Roar, presumably from a St Kilda contributor, who suggested GC shouldn't get a priority pick because they just lose their top draftees anyway, and St Kilda should get one because they've never tanked and they got unlucky with injuries to players like McCartin.

By that logic, WB should get one because Boyd retired due to mental health. That seems to be the argument - we drafted some talented kids but they've been unlucky with injury and haven't come on, so we should get extra picks to compensate for it. But also, we drafted Max King off an ACL and Jack Bytel off a chronic back injury....oh, and threw draft picks at Carlisle (degenerative back + coke fiend) and Hannebery (utterly broken) without bothering to do medical checks.

This looks, and is, desperate from St Kilda. They've made a mess of a rebuild and are facing down another one.

This is the situation in which a priority round for the bottom 8 sides would have helped had it been in play for a few years. St Kilda and a host of other non-finalists would have had an extra top end pick each season, and could have been more proactive in trading for established players without sacrificing their ability to draft good young kids.

As the rules stand now though, St Kilda have about as poor a claim to a priority pick as anyone, and I fully expect a number of key voices in the media to trumpet that all over their respective publications and programs.
Fair call, I rhetorically jumped to the conclusion that there would be less reaction against the Saints, given that the backlash against our requests had been badly motivated and have arguably influenced the decision.

Give GC one

But a big no for us.

We don’t need it, and it will just give the haters whinge ammunition when our dynasty starts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not saying I’m advocating for a priority pick, but including season 2015 to right now Gold Coast and Carlton have won the same number of games.

In 10 years there will be other clubs struggling at the bottom of the ladder for a sustained period who will get a PP. and we will be kicking ourselves if we don’t get one due to pride. 17th on ladder, we still have so far to go!
Last year we won 2 games and had a percentage of 59, on the back of previous poor seasons.
We got knocked back last year so why would we, or anyone, get one now?

The Saints are applying based on the unusual type of injuries they have, with long term concussions and mental health issues. Mind you a lot of teams have had players with mental health issues and the rumours of where Stevens mental health issues stem from seems to be a little bit club inflicted.

We've had Docherty missing for two years, how is that any better than McCartin's issues? Pickett has given up and we have had to release him. We have had a poor run of injuries for years on top of poor performances on field.

Saints still have a decent list.

The Saints are applying based on the unusual type of injuries they have, with long term concussions and mental health issues. Mind you a lot of teams have had players with mental health issues and the rumours of where Stevens mental health issues stem from seems to be a little bit club inflicted.

We've had Docherty missing for two years, how is that any better than McCartin's issues? Pickett has given up and we have had to release him. We have had a poor run of injuries for years on top of poor performances on field.

Saints still have a decent list.
If Saints get one after we didn’t get one last year then we ought to get every Carlton supporter to rally outside of AFL house during trade week demanding an inquiry by the integrity department into corruption by Gill McLaughlin... and I’m not joking

If Saints get one after we didn’t get one last year then we ought to get every Carlton supporter to rally outside of AFL house during trade week demanding an inquiry by the integrity department into corruption by Gill McLaughlin... and I’m not joking

They have the Lethlean factor.

COuldn't care less - give one to GC and Aints - pushes Adelaide's pick even further back:cool:

By default we get one as well …. pushes them back further … here here I say!

Last year we won 2 games and had a percentage of 59, on the back of previous poor seasons.
We got knocked back last year so why would we, or anyone, get one now?
Well we got something, which didn’t really help and we are still down the bottom, that’s why a year later you would hope with continued bottom quartile returns, the need for support is still obvious.
It is still dependent on how we finish off the year. But I could see GC getting pick 1, us and saints getting 11 and 12.
That would help all with our lists without affecting the draft too much imo.

Well we got something, which didn’t really help and we are still down the bottom, that’s why a year later you would hope with continued bottom quartile returns, the need for support is still obvious.
It is still dependent on how we finish off the year. But I could see GC getting pick 1, us and saints getting 11 and 12.
That would help all with our lists without affecting the draft too much imo.

But in 1993 the club made bad decisions and 26 years later its all the boards fault and we don't deserve one …….

Can see Slobbo typing as we speak.

Back