List Mgmt. Priority pick

Should PP’s be given to:

• Total voters

BlueTang

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
No doubt over the coming months many posters will want to discuss the merits of a PP for Carlton. Instead of it derailing many of the other threads how about those wanting to discuss it come here.
Let’s all be nice to each other, we all want the same thing - no.17, enjoy.

SammaGilberto

Premiership Player
May 2, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
I think we're fine without one to be honest, we're only a few mature players away from running out these games that we've loss this year.. apart from the GWS and Norf game. Gold Coast should not get one, Cause who's to say they won't use it on another Lachie Weller? I reckon Suns should just go, it's a blackhole with sports up there and priority picks won't save them and the Saints have also fell on their own sword... recruiting Hannebery who's gotten out on the park for 2 games when there were known risks yet they happily paid so highly for him. Yikes.

Sep 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Part of me says scrap them all together.

The other half says "Whilst they are still a thing we should definitely apply/ get one"

Let's not be too proud to work the system as it is now.

If GC qualify so do we.

The AFL is full of advantages and inconsistency.

COLA for Sydney.

Hawks benifited from compromised drafts from when they were up the top.

Some clubs getting compo for losing free agents and not us for Waite.

Clubs with stronger home ground advantages.

Geelong with better father son rules at the time.

If AFL want to give us one. Just take it. Stuff what everyone else thinks. If we could turn it into Papley and strengthen our team we should use every advantage.

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton

The other half says "Whilst they are still a thing we should definitely apply/ get one"

If GC qualify so do we.

COLA for Sydney.

If AFL want to give us one. Just take it. Stuff what everyone else thinks. If we could turn it into Papley and strengthen our team we should use every advantage.

Also, * Adelaide

Wily trout

All Australian
Apr 19, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
If Suns get one then so should we. However, I don't feel they should. Absolutely pointless club when you consider how much talent and resources are used to prop them up. Tassie, an actual AFL state has missed out on a team for whatever reason, and the Gold Coast, killer of many a sporting club, gets one, baffling. Issues aren't talent coming in, it's the talent that is leaving that is the problem. Anyway agree with IbB on this, if it is there is a PP on offer, we should definitely take it, if we need to jump through hoops again to get it, then AFL can go and tickle their a$& with a feather.

TwiggleyFanClub

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
We don't have the wins but have been more competitive across the board this year. If we didn't get one last year there is no way we will this year.
Can't compare any of the other 17 teams to GC. They are a special case as far as the AFL is concerned.

I think the plan might have been to ask for one at the end of the season, using the win/loss ratio to argue that Carlton needed a start of first round pick - negating the trade with Adelaide and adding that extra elite talent before switching it on next season.

Then the club was swamped with member dissatisfaction and they needed to react immediately.

TwiggleyFanClub

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I think the plan might have been to ask for one at the end of the season, using the win/loss ratio to argue that Carlton needed a start of first round pick - negating the trade with Adelaide and adding that extra elite talent before switching it on next season.

Then the club was swamped with member dissatisfaction and they needed to react immediately.

May have been, but I hope not.
Morale wins games as much as skill, and that plan would have killed the group.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys

If GC qualify so do we.

COLA for Sydney.

Hard to argue with that.

Back