List Mgmt. Priority Pick

Mar 7, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
We won't get a priority pick.

1) "Interstate" team with the name Adelaide.

2)Our name is mud over the camp and the VFL won't be seen to reward incompetence.

Brace yourselves for a rule change to stop us getting Borlase. And, If we let Brad Crouch go, they will give us pick 20 no matter what.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
We need picks to fix the mess Chapman, Riccuito, Fagan created but all we need moving forward is a well run football club like the majority of clubs in the league. I feel it's about time the bloody AFL intervened here as this shitshow has gone on for long enough. Its damaging the AFL and the club's brand and if this is allowed to continue will also affect major sponsors and the long term viability of the club. if those responsible for this mess won't do the honorable and ethical thing in resigning the AFL must force them to resign.

Last edited:

ContrarianCrow

All Australian
Aug 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fun fact - our current percentage of 56.7% has only been “bettered” in the last 30 years by:

- The Suns 1st season (56.27%)
- The Giants 1st & 2nd seasons (46.17% & 50.97%)
- Mark Neeld’s 2013 Melbourne team (54.07%)
- Death-throes Fitzroy 1996 (49.47%)

Let’s not pretend we’re merely a ‘bad’ team - we’re in rarefied air in terms of the historical basket-cases. Given the extenuating circumstances for expansion/dying teams, only Melbourne could have a legitimate claim as a worse team in the AFL era.

icrow32

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
And the defender would be 180cm tall at most.

We have had more first rd draft picks than any other club in the AFL over the past 4 years and have practically nothing to show for it with the exception of Milers (who has gone backwards since 2018). Nothing more certain than olgilvie and Reid blowing those picks this year too. A full clean out of board and management needs to occur before we, as a club, can move forward

Pilchard_Adams

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
We are shooting ourselves in the foot too often. Sydney, Essendon and Freo were winnable games that we choked on. Missed easy shots the reason we dont have 3 wins right now.

Also our injury list contains 8 players who would all likely be playing right now if not injured.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
We have had more first rd draft picks than any other club in the AFL over the past 4 years and have practically nothing to show for it with the exception of Milers (who has gone backwards since 2018). Nothing more certain than olgilvie and Reid blowing those picks this year too. A full clean out of board and management needs to occur before we, as a club, can move forward
That’s surely not right

jaxx

Team Captain
Oct 9, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That’s surely not right
Was interested in this so thought I’d run the numbers and yeah it’s definitely not right!

Number of players taken in first round of national draft in past four years
Gold Coast 12
GWS 10
Carlton 7
Port 7
Fremantle 7
Bulldogs 5
Adelaide 5
Brisbane 5
Sydney 4
North 3
Geelong 3
St Kilda 3
Richmond 3
Melbourne 2
West Coast 2
Collingwood 2
Hawthorn 1
Essendon 1

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was interested in this so thought I’d run the numbers and yeah it’s definitely not right!

Number of players taken in first round of national draft in past four years
Gold Coast 12
GWS 10
Carlton 7
Port 7
Fremantle 7
Bulldogs 5
Adelaide 5
Brisbane 5
Sydney 4
North 3
Geelong 3
St Kilda 3
Richmond 3
Melbourne 2
West Coast 2
Collingwood 2
Hawthorn 1
Essendon 1
There is also a big difference between a few top 5 picks and a few in the late teens. Not a very clear snapshot to compare.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Got nothing to lose if you ask for one ?

Club's have to apply for one these days, are the likes of Chapman, Riccutio and Fagan man enough to swallow their pride and ask the AFL for one ?

I would say a mid first round pick (around pick 10) would probably be fair, if you go the entire season winless and the context of so many quality player exits in the past few years, but as I say, I fear the entrenched power brokers at the Crows might be too proud/stubborn to ask for one.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Got nothing to lose if you ask for one ?

Club's have to apply for one these days, are the likes of Chapman, Riccutio and Fagan man enough to swallow their pride and ask the AFL for one ?

I would say a mid first round pick (around pick 10) would probably be fair, if you go the entire season winless and the context of so many quality player exits in the past few years, but as I say, I fear the entrenched power brokers at the Crows might be too proud/stubborn to ask for one.
Even an end of second round pick wouldn't be asking too much I would've thought.
Or priority access to mature age players.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Worst team since Melbourne in 2008.

Need to ask the question of the AFL.
Beginning of second round pick would be appropriate so we can trade it to GWS for Hately.

Gut feel is no priority pick this year but if Brouch is just outside band 1, our shitness might get that across the line. Next year's 3 win season will get us something extra. Problem is it will all be wasted if our philosophy on football strategy isn't turned on it's head.

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd prefer a new board over a priority pick.

This.

If we're going to get assistance from the AFL, I'd rather it be in the form of a Brisbane-style intervention. Clear out the board, the admin, the coaching department and replace them with carefully chosen (not by Roo) people who are actually competent at their jobs and then see how we go.

Basically give the club the kind of reset it would get if the members were actually able to vote out the board. We can't, so this is the only way to get it done.

Back