Priority picks - it was only 19

Remove this Banner Ad

That would be the Grange we sent across then.
More like the bargain basement bin at BWS.

I think the verdict was "let them eat cake". Though the delay could bode well, if it was bad news to people who the AFL cared about (ie Victorians) they might delay it until after grand final. If it was bad news to us they would just tell us.

It almost defies belief that they could genuinely need another 2 weeks to "assess" our application.

What are they going to find out that they don't already know?

Timing it just before Trade Week smells suspect but what the hell are they up to?
Easy to make a case to say that they won't want the S**tstorm that will come with giving us an early pick to detract from GF week, but just as easy to say they are waiting until closer the trade window just to see if we will be appointing their seemingly preferred candidate and to see how many picks we might be getting if Hanley/Rockliff move on - allowing justification for end of R1 PP

Easy to make a case to say that they won't want the S**tstorm that will come with giving us an early pick to detract from GF week, but just as easy to say they are waiting until closer the trade window just to see if we will be appointing their seemingly preferred candidate and to see how many picks we might be getting if Hanley/Rockliff move on - allowing justification for end of R1 PP

Yeah I kinda get that..... possibly to do with what we get for Roc/Han although the logic of that escapes me......we either are deserving of a first round PP or we're not.

I don't see why turning one or more "assets" (players) into "cash" (draft picks) so to speak, affects our bottom line.

Then again, this is the AFL we're talking about where politics and maneuvering takes precedence over sound reasoning.

I think we should be getting a PP directly after our first pick but I'm not going to let what the AFL decides worry me. Our revival will be built on the back of a change of culture and attitude inside the playing group as a whole.

Yeah I kinda get that..... possibly to do with what we get for Roc/Han although the logic of that escapes me......we either are deserving of a first round PP or we're not.

I don't see why turning one or more "assets" (players) into "cash" (draft picks) so to speak, affects our bottom line.

Then again, this is the AFL we're talking about where politics and maneuvering takes precedence over sound reasoning.

Sound reasoning for the AFL revolves around "what will the Vic media think" and "what will Eddie think". They are very much an organization primarily beholden to their most powerful lobby groups.

I think we should be getting a PP directly after our first pick but I'm not going to let what the AFL decides worry me. Our revival will be built on the back of a change of culture and attitude inside the playing group as a whole.
Well said, all the innuendo is doing my head in regards to PP, possible trades out/picks in. I look forward to it all being finished and the start of pre-season where I hope the playing group will be in for a mighty shock/adjustment/total buy-in.

Well said, all the innuendo is doing my head in regards to PP, possible trades out/picks in. I look forward to it all being finished and the start of pre-season where I hope the playing group will be in for a mighty shock/adjustment/total buy-in.

I don't even care what happens with players that might be leaving. I just want a complete attitude adjustment from the whole club really. A fresh start is going to be so good for a lot of people at the club.

I don't even care what happens with players that might be leaving. I just want a complete attitude adjustment from the whole club really. A fresh start is going to be so good for a lot of people at the club.

I can't but help "care" about players who leave or get pushed out. It's part of the emotional attachment I think most of us develop for individuals within the playing group, especially if they have become "fixtures" over the years.

Having said that, I agree that there is a bigger issue at play in that the club "culture" needs a complete overhaul. (I actually hate that word). If the price we pay is losing some familiar faces, then so be it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't but help "care" about players who leave or get pushed out. It's part of the emotional attachment I think most of us develop for individuals within the playing group, especially if they have become "fixtures" over the years.

Having said that, I agree that there is a bigger issue at play in that the club "culture" needs a complete overhaul. (I actually hate that word). If the price we pay is losing some familiar faces, then so be it.

It would be great if one day others spoke of the Lion's culture with respect rather than of our 'kulcha' with disdain.

I was originally thinking an end of first rounder but with even a little thought, that really won't do anything much. I wouldn't be against about pick 11, hell even 3 for all I care after us

I was originally thinking an end of first rounder but with even a little thought, that really won't do anything much. I wouldn't be against about pick 11, hell even 3 for all I care after us

Do you even need pick 1 though. Your list is stacked.

I'm actually not real comfortable with us having pick 1, contrary to my previous post. If the Lions got #1 I could almost see that as karma

If we are awarded Pick 1 ( and that's a big IF) got a feeling it will be after trade week...

I'm actually not real comfortable with us having pick 1, contrary to my previous post. If the Lions got #1 I could almost see that as karma

I like you

Whatever they've decided, releasing the news right before the trade period makes sense. Trade period= complaints will get zero attention.
People want to hear about all those juicy trade rumours.

Apparently Gill hide the answer in an envelope and shoved it up Eddie's arse,so none of the AFL clubs would find out early and complain, but when he tried to retrieve it before the Brownlow,he could not find it because Eddie' arse is so enormous ( it is like a black hole). They have had to call in a vet to help recover it.

Apparently Gill hide the answer in an envelope and shoved it up Eddie's arse,so none of the AFL clubs would find out early and complain, but when he tried to retrieve it before the Brownlow,he could not find it because Eddie' arse is so enormous ( it is like a black hole). They have had to call in a vet to help recover it.

This sounds like a joke but actually it isn't

Likely story is that this is grand final week, so the AGL of dodging anything that may be a bad news story and put a negative spin on GF week.

In the end the only people who care when the announcement is made a a few Brisbane fans who post here.

I'm sure our list managers couldn'5 care if they find out now or at the beginning of trade week. Not like they can do anything with it before trade week anyway!

No, apparently from those that have brown nosed Ed...He is quite unique has two holes....A black hole and a white hole!!

Likely story is that this is grand final week, so the AGL of dodging anything that may be a bad news story and put a negative spin on GF week.

In the end the only people who care when the announcement is made a a few Brisbane fans who post here.

I'm sure our list managers couldn'5 care if they find out now or at the beginning of trade week. Not like they can do anything with it before trade week anyway!

:huh:Obviously they would be keen to know asap as it would seriously affect our planning going into trade week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back