News Prison Bar guernsey 2020 released

Remove this Banner Ad

I bet the blue and white hoops doesn't sell as many.
Would be funny if when we play Carlton in early May for the 150th game and wear the baby blue hoops, 300 people rock up with that jumper and 30,000 with the PB jumper. The fans sending management another message.

I bet the blue and white hoops doesn't sell as many.

The Blue and White hoops ranks up there with the dumbest things, of a ******* long list of dumb things, this regime has ever devised. I want to rip the neck off the person who gave this the green light. It just goes against everything we should be trying to achieve in getting the proper recognition of the Guernsey that defines our football club.

I bet there will be a lot of people who remember us winning zero premierships in the blue and white hoops who will be dying to buy one.
Sounds a perfect fit for Ken No Ken.

Alyx can you visualise?

The Blue and White hoops ranks up there with the dumbest things, of a ******* long list of dumb things, this regime has ever devised. I want to rip the neck off the person who gave this the green light. It just goes against everything we should be trying to achieve in getting the proper recognition of the Guernsey that defines our football club.
I bet there will be a lot of people who remember us winning zero premierships in the blue and white hoops who will be dying to buy one.
We should have made magenta guernsies as well.

Steve Dore

This is what Grêmio did in its Centennial:
images

We didn't play with them, but one game with the brown one. But, we used some of the designs later on.

Still, those shirts sell. The club made money from them. People bought them: either one, some, or all. We should have done the same.

Steve Dore

images

We didn't play with them, but one game with the brown one. But, we used some of the designs later on.

Still, those shirts sell. The club made money from them. People bought them: either one, some, or all. We should have done the same.
I don't know how well the magenta guernsey sold last time we wore it for an AFL Heritage Round (2004), or if it was even available for general purchase (match worn ones were sold IIRC), but I doubt it would have been a big seller. Only the very hard core guernsey collectors would probably buy one.

1575770349734.png

B&W hoops, pink and magenta should be historical relics only. Actually, anything that doesn't have black in it should never be worn again.

I don't know how well the magenta guernsey sold last time we wore it for an AFL Heritage Round (2004), or if it was even available for general purchase (match worn ones were sold IIRC), but I doubt it would have been a big seller. Only the very hard core guernsey collectors would probably buy one.

View attachment 790766
We had more than one magenta...

Still, didn't we win the flag in 2004?! How about appealing to superstition?!

Steve Dore

images

Off topic, but the first one brought to mind South Australia's state footy uniform in 1908:
1575786751035.png
(http://footyjumpers.com/SA-Uni.htm)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, but wearing a guernsey skews heavily towards younger supporters, so there'll also be a significant number of people in PBs who are too young to remember or have witnessed any Magpies premierships.

B&W hoops, pink and magenta should be historical relics only. Actually, anything that doesn't have black in it should never be worn again.

The cyan from the hoops at least makes for a far better tertiary colour than our current, peak 90s, teal.

Sure, but wearing a guernsey skews heavily towards younger supporters, so there'll also be a significant number of people in PBs who are too young to remember or have witnessed any Magpies premierships.

That's a bit of a different situation to no-one currently alive having seen the blue and white hoops in action.

That's a bit of a different situation to no-one currently alive having seen the blue and white hoops in action.
Still, it is part of our history. The club does the right thing acknowledging it.

I'd almost certainly be buying the blue and white hoops if we had total free rein over when we wore the Prison Bars and we wore them a couple of times every season.

As it stands, they are a meaningless distraction from the fact that we can't wear our most famous guernsey when we like.

Where can you buy a Port Magpies guernsey from? Had a quick google and nothing came up.
Do you mean a Prison Bars jumper with SANFL logos on it or the Prison Bars jumper with AFL logos? Both you could probs get at Alberton.

Yeh, the Sanfl one. Can't see it on the Port store website anywhere...
You need to go to the store at Alberton or if that's not an option ring them. The online store is owned by the AFL and run by a third party. They don't usually have any SNAFL merchandise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back