News Prison Bar guernsey 2020 released

Remove this Banner Ad

Take the joint logo off and put the magpie back on our sanfl guernsey. Sell it. From my understanding it’s the logo being the same which is preventing us from selling the sanfl guernsey..
If we take all AFL references off, sponsors etc , and sell them as stand alone badges that could attached by the purchaser (ie easy enuf such as iron on decal) how could they stop us. Do they own the b&w in the sanfl and if so why are we allowed to wear it in that comp as a reserves side. This has really opened up a can of worms in terms of ip etc.

If we take all AFL references off, sponsors etc , and sell them as stand alone badges that could attached by the purchaser (ie easy enuf such as iron on decal) how could they stop us. Do they own the b&w in the sanfl and if so why are we allowed to wear it in that comp as a reserves side. This has really opened up a can of worms in terms of ip etc.
The same way they can choose to take 4 points off us.
They make the rules up to suit themselves.

So our arrangement to play in b &w in the Sanfl is just an informal gentleman's agreement. Consistency of the argument should see us wearing our AFL colours in all comps.

Form an alliance with ammo and country clubs that wear the PB's. Ports on the EP, Mallala, Waikerie, any others? Get them to order blanks, no logos, maybe retro sponsors or a simple "#bringbackthebars".

Don't Tanunda wear them as well? (Edit: it's Sedan Cambrai FC)
I think also Moonee Valley in Victoria wear them.

QLD state team wears a burgundy version.

7BrXmx6.jpg

Nah. THIS is the real Prison Barf.

It's important not to overlook our more recent history. Sure, it's easy to look back in the past at what made PAFC great. And yeah maybe we won a million premierships in the design... but a whole generation has come to know and love the on-field mediocrity (2004 aside) put on by our boys in teal.

I propose we elegantly weave past and present together - prison bar base design, with a 2004-06 clash jumper inspired lightning bolt, featuring the superior colour palette of the 2007 clash jumper.

I present to you, the Prison Barf. 1592459928217.png

Don't Tanunda wear them as well? (Edit: it's Sedan Cambrai FC)
I think also Moonee Valley in Victoria wear them.

QLD state team wears a burgundy version.
Tanunda appear to wear PBs at times and Collingwood strips at others.

Maybe some thing to do with clashes???

Last week the B's wore an"almost" Woods top, and the A's an Adelaide Uni type all black with a white V.
Difference was some white stars on it. Maybe some Anzac tribute just for that week?

Imagine being the AFL and one of your clubs who has had/is in debt, and stopping them from selling a proven money maker.

What a league.

Form an alliance with ammo and country clubs that wear the PB's. Ports on the EP, Mallala, Waikerie, any others? Get them to order blanks, no logos, maybe retro sponsors or a simple "#bringbackthebars".
North Haven

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct me if I’m wrong, we are no longer able to buy a magpies & or the 150th heritage jumper ?

We can't sell "official" Magpies guernseys because the AFL controls the rights to our current unified club logo. Putting that logo on SANFL guernseys was probably a misstep by the club.

You can't buy 150th guernseys because brand new stock probably doesn't exist. ISC made whatever quantity they made, and they're not making more because they're not our apparel partner anymore (they've left that commercial space entirely). Maybe there's like one XXS or 9XL that's fallen down the back of a shelving unit at the Port Store, but the guernseys sold like crazy. I think we even asked ISC for more and they declined.

Imagine being the AFL and one of your clubs who has had/is in debt, and stopping them from selling a proven money maker.

What a league.
I don't understand this.

I know the AFL holds all the trademarks, logos, etc of all the clubs, so that presumably means that by doing so they accept the PB as a Port Adelaide design and acknowledge that it has value. And yet they don't allow PAFC to make money from it? How then, do they propose to exploit that value? Are they going to allow Collingwood to sell PB jumpers?

What the AFL effectively seems to be doing is holding the IP of one club (Port) hostage at the behest of another club (Collingwood). That seems vaguely illegal to me and I'd be surprised if a judge in a court of law didn't think the same.

I don't understand this.

I know the AFL holds all the trademarks, logos, etc of all the clubs, so that presumably means that by doing so they accept the PB as a Port Adelaide design and acknowledge that it has value. And yet they don't allow PAFC to make money from it? How then, do they propose to exploit that value? Are they going to allow Collingwood to sell PB jumpers?

What the AFL effectively seems to be doing is holding the IP of one club (Port) hostage at the behest of another club (Collingwood). That seems vaguely illegal to me and I'd be surprised if a judge in a court of law didn't think the same.
It’s simple, put the maggies logo back on the sanfl guernseys and sell them by the thousands

We can't sell "official" Magpies guernseys because the AFL controls the rights to our current unified club logo. Putting that logo on SANFL guernseys was probably a misstep by the club.

You can't buy 150th guernseys because brand new stock probably doesn't exist. ISC made whatever quantity they made, and they're not making more because they're not our apparel partner anymore (they've left that commercial space entirely). Maybe there's like one XXS or 9XL that's fallen down the back of a shelving unit at the Port Store, but the guernseys sold like crazy. I think we even asked ISC for more and they declined.

I missed the boat, glad I bought one a few years back with my name on.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As soon as we wore the bars on the AFL we would have had to sign over the IP to the jumper too.

Whether we were smart enough to specify that we retained the right to produce an SANFL version or just assumed...

I'm not confident we did.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey guys, my two cents worth...

so afl say you can’t have the black and white prison bars, get them all back for all home games...

create a new home jumper, prison bars with light teal to replace the white. Afl can’t stop you from doing that, each year go a bit lighter and lighter with the teal.

screw the pies and screw the afl, good luck in your fight.

I don't understand this.

seems like bullying to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back