Discussion Prison Bars debate

Should Port be allowed to wear the PBs as their home jumper?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The petition on change.org is closing in on the 35k signatures port are seeking. Including several Collingwood supporters! Ed is weakened now due to his ridiculous stance on sidebottom’s antics - now would be the excellent time for port to strike and the afl to show some sense in allowing their history and tradition to be suitably honored. #bringbackthebars

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

eaba0c00c81e52943da2684abd42f93e.jpg

Ken Hinkley wearing an old school Port prison bars at this mornings training.

Would love to see these rolled out next week..🤣

Not even kidding... in a dream where this happened not too long ago with Port just randomly coming out on the field with PBs against Collingwood.
Is it an omen?

Not even kidding... in a dream where this happened not too long ago with Port just randomly coming out on the field with PBs against Collingwood.
Is it an omen?

Pies could call in on Southport and borrow a clash strip (reminiscent of that one they wore against swan districts in the 80s night series!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark Williams on The Front Bar tonight said Port Adelaide shouldn't wear the prison bars in the AFL.

Mark Williams on The Front Bar tonight said Port Adelaide shouldn't wear the prison bars in the AFL.

Thankfully no one listens to Choco these days.

He said it should be worn in Showdowns, which is what Kochie is petitioning for.

Choco cares more about his own legacy than the will of the Port Adelaide supporter base and current club custodians.

He feels like that downplaying teal is somehow downplaying his legacy, which is silly. The 2004 flag is the greatest moment in the history of the club and nobody can take it away from us. If we wore the bars as a home guernsey we'd wheel out the 2004 guernsey all the time as a heritage kit.

Gotta love it when people don't actually listen to what people say, they only hear what they want to hear.

Mark Williams has been seriously misquoted over this and its bullshit.

He actually said they should be allowed to wear it in Showdowns - which is exactly what David Koch and the club have been petitioning for.

Gotta love it when people don't actually listen to what people say, they only hear what they want to hear.

Mark Williams has been seriously misquoted over this and its bullshit.

He actually said they should be allowed to wear it in Showdowns - which is exactly what David Koch and the club have been petitioning for.

I apologise for the misquote, but he still didn't favour the full time use of the bars which is very interesting. And yes, while officially they have only been petitioning for irregular use, many on this board have petitioned for them to be worn every game.

Choco cares more about his own legacy than the will of the Port Adelaide supporter base and current club custodians.

He feels like that downplaying teal is somehow downplaying his legacy, which is silly. The 2004 flag is the greatest moment in the history of the club and nobody can take it away from us. If we wore the bars as a home guernsey we'd wheel out the 2004 guernsey all the time as a heritage kit.

But whether he is trying to further his legacy or not doesn't mean his opinion isn't valid, if he feels a greater connection to the teal because he won a premiership in 2004, then so be it.

I apologise for the misquote, but he still didn't favour the full time use of the bars which is very interesting. And yes, while officially they have only been petitioning for irregular use, many on this board have petitioned for them to be worn every game.

But whether he is trying to further his legacy or not doesn't mean his opinion isn't valid, if he feels a greater connection to the teal because he won a premiership in 2004, then so be it.
For what it’s worth I don’t think the 2004 flag is the main reason for him not supporting the PBs as much as you’d expect, his Collingwood connections could be a reason but I’m doubtful of that, it’s just it’s frustrating to see the Williams family treat the jumper (and the club) as a family heirloom that they can dictate. Fos Williams stands head and shoulders above everyone at Port Adelaide, but no individual is bigger than the club, and the jumper predates his Port career by 48 years. The level of entitlement here is annoying to see.

i think 90% of port supporters dont favour full time use! twice a year to honour our heritage and again 90% of supporters would be happy!

i think 90% of port supporters dont favour full time use! twice a year to honour our heritage and again 90% of supporters would be happy!
I should clarify here that I’d love to see it as a home jumper, but if we wore it in a home showdown and for ANZAC round I’d be very happy with that alternative too.

Back