Society/Culture Prison: It doesn't work.

Remove this Banner Ad

People are quick to blame "human nature" and overlook the role that the system itself plays in the actions of people.

People, generally speaking, are not basically evil. We would never had come this far as a species if that were the case.

I didn't mean that human beings were born evil. I'm just saying that you're always going to have people who will try to do evil things, specifically because we humans (hence, human nature) possess complex minds that are able to premeditate such acts and if there's any way that such acts can be committed with exploitation of freedoms or without a consequence, you would see a more prevalent concept of evil than there is today.

I've seen it, I've seen the destruction it causes to the people involved. Anarchy is what awaits if we get rid of punishment and deterrents. Because that's just the way it is.

I didn't mean that human beings were born evil. I'm just saying that you're always going to have people who will try to do evil things, specifically because we humans (hence, human nature) possess complex minds that are able to premeditate such acts and if there's any way that such acts can be committed with exploitation of freedoms or without a consequence, you would see a more prevalent concept of evil than there is today.

Define "evil"?

You don't believe that oligarchic capitalist power structures are the main contributors to "evil"?

I think the majority of crime is committed because of the control of the masses with reward-denial manipulation.

I've seen it, I've seen the destruction it causes to the people involved. Anarchy is what awaits if we get rid of punishment and deterrents. Because that's just the way it is.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

The word "Anarchy" would would rate light years ahead of there, their and they're on the misinterpretation scale.

You're slipping OS, I thought you'd have this bumped or started a new one for sure.

I'm actually a bit gutted by the news, I reckon I'm going to know at least 2 of them, probably all 4. All I know so far is no charges yet laid and it involved prescription drugs. Despite what I posted in another thread it will have to bring Carl William's murder back into the spotlight and new questions asked.

Glad to hear you weren't involved :D

Maybe that's why I left, ;) a pre-emptive departure, lol

I've been in contact with some lower level officers and all they know is the information I've provided. No doubt it will become a bit clearer when people don't return to work as they should be.

You're slipping OS, I thought you'd have this bumped or started a new one for sure.

I'm actually a bit gutted by the news, I reckon I'm going to know at least 2 of them, probably all 4.

Expect a visit.

All I know so far is no charges yet laid and it involved prescription drugs. Despite what I posted in another thread it will have to bring Carl William's murder back into the spotlight and new questions asked.

The solution is to make prison officers bend over and spread their arse cheeks before signing on for duty every day.

I have met SO MANY people who have BLATANTLY admitted to me that they would commit a specific crime if there was no chance they would get caught/go to jail for it.

You can guess what they are.

There are no pure morals in this world. People will do bad, bad things if there is a freedom and no inevitable consequence to do it.

And I'm a child from the Bosnian War of the 90's... believe me, I know what human nature is like. It's not a utopia... never will be, sadly. Some thoughts and ideas you can just never wipe from a human being's psyche.
Why, because you are from a (and there have been many) Bosnian war? I think the best thing that people who have been through that is keep it to themselves and stay amongst themselves. It's really none of our business and we're not that interested.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back