1. Love your trade? Show us how to be crowned Home Timber & Hardware Tradie of The Year and WIN a Holden Colorado. Enter at homehardware.com.au

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Player Unknown's Battlegrounds Forum Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Private coaches?

Discussion in 'Skills, Coaching, Admin, Umpires' started by howedidhedothat, Aug 11, 2015.

Put it out there
  1. howedidhedothat

howedidhedothat Draftee

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Anybody know of private coaches in Melbourne?

Farm Boy likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. cptkirk

cptkirk Premiership Player

Sydney
    Other teams:
    for what exactly?

3. elite coaching

elite coaching Draftee

Carlton
    Other teams:
    If you mean in AFL football , there is many. Give me a call and if i cant personally help you then i will know someone that can
    0432544766 . cheers

4. Farm Boy

Farm Boy Club Legend

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    I think its a good thread. Private coaching will be the future. To hazard a guess, I reckon there is a fair market for it. Its not so much for the football side of things, but more so for conditioning, strength/speed work.

5. cptkirk

Sydney
    Other teams:
    I'm in the private coaching biz as per my website address below and it is definitely something that is required but by-jee is there some barriers to break through

Team footy training sessions are pretty ancient in regards to all things conditioning with endless lactic work (you only need 3 - 6 weeks of it, not 4 months!), no dedicated speed work (speed is king) and in most cases no true aerobic development training.

The worse part is the only access to AFL level training you get are the tests they do (2km time trials etc) and the combine - most which give the staff a "rating' for each player to see improvement, potential and such - and this what local clubs try and emulate!

And the dodgy fitness industry doesn't help either that has seemed to back up the lactic training thing with crossfit and shitty as group training sessions where the aim is to make sore or feel like you've worked hard - both of which doesn't mean you've actually improves any elements that will carry over to Saturday. I have actually seen that a division 1 ammo's club here in Melbourne has a crossfit bloke as their S&C coach which is simply astounding!

6. Chief30

Chief30 Draftee

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Hey mate what is your website, I'm interested in getting some private coaching for my boys in Adelaide, any suggestions?

Torro likes this.
  7. cptkirk

Sydney
    Other teams:
    pm'ed you chiefton

Torro and mamalikam like this.
  8. ashley76

ashley76 Senior List

Brisbane Lions
    Other teams:
    Me to please