Private Conversation Changes

We've installed a bunch of changes for Private Conversations to let you organise, search and manage your PMs.

* Labels

Sort your convos under different labels.

* Apply Rules to convos

Automatically sort convos, auto-respond... all sorts of options there. You can apply new rules to all of your past convos, too.

* Kick Participants.

The starter of a conversation can now kick other conversation members from the convo. Great for games and organisational convos that you don't want to restart every time a person needs to leave.

* Participant Groups

This option provides certain usergroups with the ability to create Participant Groups. These groups of multiple recipient names are then available via a dropdown menu when starting a new conversation. This is a great time saver when you often need to start a conversation with the same group of people such as your forum mods.

* Auto Respond to conversation starter.

With this option, members are able to set an auto response message to new conversations they receive while on vacation. Each member can set a start date, an end date, and the message that will be automatically posted for them whenever they receive a new conversation/reply. There is also the ability to exclude people you follow from receiving this response.

* Sticky a conversation.

Conversations can now be set as Stickies. A Sticky ensures the conversation will always remain at the top of the list.

* Start a conversation with no-one.

Start a convo now, invite participants later. Or never. Sticky a convo with yourself and keep your links and other stuff for later.

* Last message preview.

With this option, when conversation titles on the conversation list page are hovered, a preview of the last message will display.

* Last Read Date (Confirmation / Indication).

Option to show conversation participant's Last Read Date with a link to the last message they have read. This date and link can be found underneath each of the participant's user name and title in the participants block of each conversation. There is also an option to allow each member to opt out of this feature via their Account/Privacy page, in which case their last read date will display as 'N/A'.

And many more... most of the features not listed here are for moderators.

Last edited:
  • Admin
Being able to search PM's will be a godsend!
Give it a try:

1580201061045.png

Am I missing something because the search function in Conversations isn't working for me. I have searched by word, by title, by user and a combo of all 3, and nothing works.

I decided to do a search by titles only, ticked the box, and this screen print shows clearly I have a PM called Sponsorship stuff and that's what I have search my conversation by.

1580612720864.png

But this is the result I get

1580612862359.png

• Admin
Am I missing something because the search function in Conversations isn't working for me. I have searched by word, by title, by user and a combo of all 3, and nothing works.

I decided to do a search by titles only, ticked the box, and this screen print shows clearly I have a PM called Sponsorship stuff and that's what I have search my conversation by.

View attachment 815055

But this is the result I get

View attachment 815057
Thanks I have reported the issue.

Back