Secondary "Private Schools Moral Failings" - Interesting article.

Remove this Banner Ad

Using homosexuality as an insult... very childish, you did not receive a good education at all, and your moral failings are evidence of the thread title.
I don't trawl an internet forum with a bunch of dudes looking for people I perceive as weak and then group bully them. This is what you do. I hope it makes you feel empowered. Personally I'd be ashamed and embarrassed if I realised I was doing that.

I don't trawl an internet forum with a bunch of dudes looking for people I perceive as weak and then group bully them. This is what you do. I hope it makes you feel empowered. Personally I'd be ashamed and embarrassed if I realised I was doing that.

It is quite evident you have no shame.

As I said, I don't trawl an internet forum with a bunch of dudes looking for people I perceive as weak and then group bully them. I have nothing to be ashamed about.

You lack the required self awareness to tell.

There is no group bullying, just a collection of individuals who find idiocy similarly annoying. A bullies collective if you will. But there is no authority and no process, we just act at the same time, not with a plan.

You lack the required self awareness to tell.

There is no group bullying, just a collection of individuals who find idiocy similarly annoying. A bullies collective if you will. But there is no authority and no process, we just act at the same time, not with a plan.
Uhuh. Group bulling.

Hope it makes you feel better PeeWee.

No but you're saying a dumb arse who went to private school has a better chance of 'success' because of the environment a private school has -

I'm saying the dumb arse who went to private school and is successful would have lots to thank nepotism and the money they were born into -

You know, capitalism benefits those with capital - If you already have it, it's easier to make more -

No but you're saying a dumb arse who went to private school has a better chance of 'success' because of the environment a private school has -
Correct.

I'm saying the dumb arse who went to private school and is successful would have lots to thank nepotism and the money they were born into -
Maybe. Some dumb arses slip through the system and if they do, they would have a better chance in a private school environment (assuming we are talking legal gains and successes).

For average of above average people, an environment where success is normal will be more likely to produce successful people. It really is a no-brainer. This is why people put their kids into private schools.

You know, capitalism benefits those with capital - If you already have it, it's easier to make more -
Sure, and smart rich people are good at keeping their money and passing it down.

But everyone has that opportunity to grab their piece and resentment and envy of people who already have is counter productive. Don't bitch about, go get some.

not envious in the slightest

don't ever intend to get rich or be 'successful' by working 40+ hours a week - would rather a life of contentment, decent human relationships, minimal work and minimal possessions

Equating criticism of capitalism and elitism with jealousy, such a blinkered world view born of a lack of education.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

growing up = working more than I have to?
Nope. s**t changes for most people.

1. They meet a girl who has financial needs (as in house, security, education for kids)
2. They might have kids and they cost
3. Some just get to point where they realise they need to get on the rat treadmill

If you want to sail through and you achieve it then good for you. I know some do this quite successfully but I've met an awful lot who as they get older realise that they need comforts and money buys that.

Maybe I've seen it? Maybe I went to a school where an extraordinary amount of people became successful? Maybe I have met other people throughout my life and I can identify the ceiling they have on their success because they have been conditioned by their environment that financial success is hard to achieve?

Maybe, through my experiences, it's blatantly obvious that putting a kid in an environment where success is normal then it increases the chances that they will be successful as opposed to someone who went to a school in a low socio-economic area?

Maybe, just maybe it's also common sense?

Just to back you to a degree here.

How many of you other posters having a crack have ever posted on the footy forums along the lines of, 'oh, player X is only any good because he's playing at a good club and is surrounded by stars'? or alternatively, 'player x needs to get out of their current club and go to a better club to blossom'?

Hawthorn = an elite private school, recruiting players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft, surrounding them with a good environment, developing them and turning them into good players / stars.

Melbourne = low socio-economic state school, recruiting high draft picks, putting them into a poor environment and having them stagnate or go backwards. They identify the talented / gifted but don't have the resources or systems in place to properly nurture them.

growing up = working more than I have to?
There's one more thing you need to know:

Women try to land the best man they can. This is a combo of a man's success, profile, money, and looks. The prettiest girls can get it all. Think of it as a pyramid. The best men are at the top (guys want to be him, girls want to be with him sort of guys) where's there's fewer of them. Women are essentially trying to grab a bloke as high up that pyramid as they can.

And be sure about one thing: Hot women may forgo looks (how many ugly celebs and rich people do you see with hot women?), and may not be good enough to get a high profile bloke since they're so rare, but money...... they ain't missing out on that.

I'm sure you're all at ease with your easy come, easy go attitude to life but make no mistake - even if you can get the hot ones on looks, they won't stay if you don't have cash and can't provide them a comfortable life.

hahahaha

holy crap... like that s**t would bother me in the slightest?

Why would I want to be with a woman who is highly strung up about money and material goods if I'm not interested in the same?

hahahaha

holy crap... like that s**t would bother me in the slightest?

Why would I want to be with a woman who is highly strung up about money and material goods if I'm not interested in the same?

Firstly, most women aren't "highly strung" about money. But they will look for guys with a good career aspirations or money. This is not gold digging, nor is it highly strung (for the majority). It's simple animal kingdom breeding rules.

The only ones you perceive as "not strung up about money" are the one with few or no bargaining chips and are in no position to "catch" one of these blokes. Don't let them fool you - if they were better looking then they'd be dumping your arse for something better.

This is no barrier when you're young. Girls will still shag you if you have no money but look okay and have a way with women. But they know at some point they have to find a long term partner. That's where you get the choice between fatty, ugly or fugly. The good looking ones are going to pass you up.

:thumbsu:

I'll ignore your rather reductionist and tasteless generalisation of women and give you a thumbs up for being a good example of everything I'll make sure I'll avoid becoming.....

Make sure you think back to me when the penny drops and you realise any female with any currency will pass you up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back