Problems watching match replays on AFL website

Remove this Banner Ad

wobblyboot

Team Captain
Feb 23, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
You too John. I signed up for the International coverage but I didn't think that would affect me viewing while still at home. Bloody annoying. have sent two letters to the International mob who run all that stuff. No reply. Hopeless.

My Virgin Post

I had same issue
but try this
when you click on the match the URL is
http://www.afl.com.au/video/smart-replay/?round=CD_R201410101&matchId=CD_M20141010109

delete &matchId=CD_M20141010109 from the URL, hit enter and select the match again

Worked for me and mine works all the time now

My Virgin Post

And it's a good one. I had the same issue as for some unknown reason afl.com.au thought I was overseas, but I did what you said and it worked perfectly. Thanks!

And it's a good one. I had the same issue as for some unknown reason afl.com.au thought I was overseas, but I did what you said and it worked perfectly. Thanks!
watching the match again now

had the same issue of being a foreigner 20 minutes ago eating sushi

Now I'm a true blue aussie again eating meat pies

watching the match again now

had the same issue of being a foreigner 20 minutes ago eating sushi

Now I'm a true blue aussie again eating meat pies

I have found a bandaid solution
but
I would like it fixed

When I first encountered the problem it was Friday night and I was looking forward to watching the smart replay as I dont have foxtel.
I have been with Optus for the last 6 years and never encountered the problem.
On Friday afternoon I switched to Telstra mobile internet and encountered the problem.
I spent 3 hours on the phone with Telstra and they were going to dismiss me and forward me to a Platinum service where they fix the problem or no fee. I said say what, fee ? I like your humour. No They were dead serious. So I quickly found a thread on the internet from last year where Telestra 24x7 were informed of the same problem with another guy in Melbourne. They apparently knew of the problem and were "investigating". I said hey it is a known problem for Telstra. Not Optus. Fix my problem for free please.
A Telstra expert will be calling me on Monday noon to fix the problem.

I would like to know of all of you who have encountered the same problem are you with Telstra or another carrier. I never had a problem when with Optus. If all the issues are being experienced by Telstra only it would enable me to draw a long bow and point the finger at the BIG T.

Thanks in advance

I've moved this to a different thread, since this doesn't really fit in the NAB Challenge discussion thread.

I am with Telstra and have never had an issue with the smart replays until the problem came up the other day.

I've moved this to a different thread, since this doesn't really fit in the NAB Challenge discussion thread.

I am with Telstra and have never had an issue with the smart replays until the problem came up the other day.
me either

Got this response from whoever they are. AFL Live is run by Telstra not the AFL. This is nearly a week late but better late than never. Interesting that the two most popular browsers Firefox & Chrome are not supported. What I call idiocy. I had already figured it out by experimenting but what the hell;

AFL LIVE
Feb 25 (1 day ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Hi Anthony,

Apologies for the delayed response, I've had to defer to the technical team for assistance on this one.

It seems this is an issue for a few games which have been incorrectly ingested by the broadcaster. There is a work around that will enable you view the content immediately.

Please access the Smart Replay from any other game, except GWS v SYD or WB v STK, and play the content. Once it starts playing, you should be able to go to the GWS v SYD or WB v STK game, and view the content.

Also Firefox and Chrome browsers are not supported. Please use Safari or Internet Explorer 8.

We're working in the background to get all of this resolved as soon as we can, but as you can imagine we're a little flat out with NAB Challenge.

Cheers
Leigh

I am heading up to China shortly and will be away for round 2, can any one suggest a good (reliable/cheap) VPN to use to log into Fox?

I am heading up to China shortly and will be away for round 2, can any one suggest a good (reliable/cheap) VPN to use to log into Fox?

I've used IPVanish in the past. Monthly and yearly rates. Easy to set up. I used it to get Oz, US and UK content streamed while I was travelling and no problems at all. You get a choice of servers and their round-trip latency (I assume it's just a PING time) is tested and displayed to allow you to pick the best available.

Failing that there are a number of web sites which advertise addresses of free proxies. Sometimes these work, at least until the poor sucker realises the entire world is downloading dodgy stuff through their proxy.

Failing that there are a number of web sites which advertise addresses of free proxies. Sometimes these work, at least until the poor sucker realises the entire world is downloading dodgy stuff through their proxy.

Not sure if you will have any luck with a Proxy in China... The great Chinese Firewall would probably have most of them blocked off.

VPN would be the way to go.

Most Australian based companies have company VPN's that they use for working from home... If your company has one try using that as it would give you an Australian Based IP Address.

I've used IPVanish in the past. Monthly and yearly rates. Easy to set up. I used it to get Oz, US and UK content streamed while I was travelling and no problems at all. You get a choice of servers and their round-trip latency (I assume it's just a PING time) is tested and displayed to allow you to pick the best available.

Thanks will give it a try

Remove this Banner Ad

Back