Problems with Micro SD cards

Remove this Banner Ad

Paul66

Cancelled
May 10, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Hi peeps. I've got a couple of Micro SD cards, that both my PC and 'phone don't acknowledge. I'd just like to see if there's anything on them. Has anyone else encountered this issue ?
Thanks for any assistance.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hi peeps. I've got a couple of Micro SD cards, that both my PC and 'phone don't acknowledge. I'd just like to see if there's anything on them. Has anyone else encountered this issue ?
Thanks for any assistance.

I have, but if you send details of your PC's age/make/model/OS and your mobile devices age/make/model/OS (IOS or Android) - then perhaps I can provide further advice.

Some related background and current info would also help, i.e. Are you trying to read a card/s that have always been in your current or old phone. Assume you trying the read the card/s from an external card reader connected your PC, does the PC detect the reader and/or just appears as an 'unknown device' etc...?

Last edited:
I have, but if you send details of your PC's age/make/model/OS and your mobile devices age/make/model/OS (IOS or Android) - then perhaps I can provide further advice.

Some related background and current info would also help, i.e. Are you trying to read a card/s that have always been in your current or old phone. Assume you trying the read the card/s from an external card reader connected your PC, does the PC detect the reader and/or just appears as an 'unknown device' etc...?
PC is some old HP model that runs Win 10.
Phone is Samsung S20.
Cards are at least 10 years old. Found them while packing up for a house move. Put the cards in the phone and it comes up saying that there's no card inserted. Put them in the PC and it gives its little musical tone to say that something went into the card reader, but after that, zilch. No acknowledgement of the card on screen. Think I'll just chuck em out

PC is some old HP model that runs Win 10.
Phone is Samsung S20.
Cards are at least 10 years old. Found them while packing up for a house move. Put the cards in the phone and it comes up saying that there's no card inserted. Put them in the PC and it gives its little musical tone to say that something went into the card reader, but after that, zilch. No acknowledgement of the card on screen. Think I'll just chuck em out

Mmmm, given their age and not knowing the origin/prior use of the cards, I suspect the cards system formatting is incompatible/cannot be recognized by your S20 and your PC. There is a solution involving re-partitioning, but this requires a bit of work/knowledge/expertise and may not be worth the effort..

Last edited:
Mmmm, given their age and not knowing the origin/prior use of the cards, I suspect the cards system formatting is incompatible/cannot be recognized by your S20 and your PC. There is a solution involving re-partitioning, but this requires a bit of work/knowledge/expertise and may not be worth the effort..
OK. Cheers. Thanks for replying.

Sounds like you need to upgrade your pc Paul66

Remove this Banner Ad

Back