Analysis Progress is Never Linear

Remove this Banner Ad

OK. That leaves us the blue sky 4 genuine stars and an extra solid senior player. Or do you actually believe he will no longer be AFL standard?

Do you really believe we'll be in a better position in 2-3 years compared to 2018-2019? You realise we've traded out all our 1st round draft picks that other clubs will have starring in that period?

Do you really believe we'll be in a better position in 2-3 years compared to 2018-2019? You realise we've traded out all our 1st round draft picks that other clubs will have starring in that period?
List wise, I think we have one of the very best at the moment, durability aside, and will still have one of the very best in 3 years time. System wise - god knows.

I think we're using the phrase 'genuine stars of the competition' differently. To me Grundy is the only one we have and no team has more than 2 or 3. In 3 years time, I actually think it's a genuine chance that Grundy will be joined by Degoey and Stephenson, with Moore as an outside chance and Treloar and even further outside chance of being in the upper echolon of the comp. Massive room for improvement at our top end. Even our gold star Grundy has a fair bit of potential improvement left in him.

Disagree, as would the footy industry. All of those players are regarded as blue chip by that footy industry, I will agree that potential has not been met with any of them. For mine JDG and Stevo could be the greatest that the game has ever seen such is their ceiling.

Grundy? Well, could be the next Polly i;e change the way rucks - ruck.

This bloke IS an extra mid, unbelievable that a bloke at 203cm has that much dexterity to out mid blokes at 185cm! Fair dinkum we're looking at a generational anomaly here.

Nah mate the players you've mentioned are elite or at least will be.

The core 25 and under team isn't that bad except for key positions, the only decent one is injured all the time and Wilson Keane Kelly Tohill are the only development

Quaynor Moore Scharenberg
Maynard Noble Langdon

Grundy Treloar Aish
Phillips Adams Crisp

Mihocek WHE Stephenson
De Goey Elliott C Brown

T Brown Daicos Murphy Lynch

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back