Progressive Web App

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys,

Not sure if that is the correct term but I found it whilst trying to find a solution to my issue last night.

I just upgraded my phone, on my old phone (S9) I was able to go into Chrome, hit the 3 dots to bring up the menu and press add to home screen. A few options later I had BigFooty saved on my home screen as a shortcut which acted as its own separate app.

Yesterday I updated to an S20 and tried to do the same thing. I can save the page to the home screen but when I click on it, it opens up in Chrome with my other chrome session, not its own app like it used to. I went back to my old phone to see if this is still doable but I got the same result. Googling led me to this Progressive Web App term which I think is what I used.

Assuming that all makes sense to you, is this something that can be changed on your end?

Hi guys,

Not sure if that is the correct term but I found it whilst trying to find a solution to my issue last night.

I just upgraded my phone, on my old phone (S9) I was able to go into Chrome, hit the 3 dots to bring up the menu and press add to home screen. A few options later I had BigFooty saved on my home screen as a shortcut which acted as its own separate app.

Yesterday I updated to an S20 and tried to do the same thing. I can save the page to the home screen but when I click on it, it opens up in Chrome with my other chrome session, not its own app like it used to. I went back to my old phone to see if this is still doable but I got the same result. Googling led me to this Progressive Web App term which I think is what I used.

Assuming that all makes sense to you, is this something that can be changed on your end?
The next version of the software has it.

I don't know much about it or why an old phone would have the option but the new one wouldn't.

The next version of the software has it.

I don't know much about it or why an old phone would have the option but the new one wouldn't.

From my understanding its the website that controls it, not the phone. As I mentioned poorly in my OP, my old phone can no longer do it (the original working progressive web app still works, but when I try to create it again it's just a google shortcut essentially). But yes, that above link is exactly what I am after. Now I am confused on why it worked in the first place if its not a xenforo feature.

I guess I just wait for this software update.

From my understanding its the website that controls it, not the phone. As I mentioned poorly in my OP, my old phone can no longer do it (the original working progressive web app still works, but when I try to create it again it's just a google shortcut essentially). But yes, that above link is exactly what I am after. Now I am confused on why it worked in the first place if its not a xenforo feature.

I guess I just wait for this software update.
Yeah I have no idea. Weird.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back