Proof that Eddie McGuire is "hopelessly conflicted"

It wasn't long ago that Eddie and Collingwood FC asked the media to respect Dayne Beam's right to privacy when he was battling his issues. But what's good for Collingwood in Eddie's eyes doesn't apply to other clubs. McGuire told Geelong Football Club the “easy solution” was for the club to reveal all about Jack Steven.

Good on Colin Carter for coming out and saying, “The polite answer is I’m disappointed Eddie raises this in a public forum and I can only imagine how he would react if I questioned publicly how Collingwood was handling an issue with one of its players.”

Thoughts?

Last edited:

troybe

Assistant to the Travelling Secretary
Apr 19, 2008
Bunnings Institute for the Galactically Stupid
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melb Stars, Man U, USC, NY Mets
Eddie’s a journalist. No wait, he’s a president of a footy club. No wait, he’s a quiz master. No wait, he’s a commentator. Oh, I can’t decide. I don’t think Eddie can either.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Collingwood: Dayne Beams is struggling, but we're not going into details about it.

Geelong: Jack Steven is fine. Getting stabbed and not assisting police is normal. Trust us.

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Would be good to know how Jack got stabbed though.

If it was from someone else, the culprit should be found and justice should prevail.

If it was self inflicted, Jack should get the help he needs.

Bjo187

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
Not sure if anyone has seen him carrying on, on footy classified lately but it's embarrassing. He is like a kid who got invited onto the cool kids table in the canteen then comes back to tell all his mates that aren't in the 'in crowd' all that he has been part of.
The difference is the cool kids in the canteen are the afl, the nerdy kids are the other poor souls on footy classified and the general public having to listen to all his bullshit stories.

Cotchins Hair Piece

Bouffant Flat Top
Mar 6, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Putting pressure on Geelong not long before the season kicks off (again). Pretty smart I would think.

Last edited:

Catsnlakers

Even Hank Moody is in awe of Geelong!
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
L.A Angels, Anaheim Ducks & M.Stars
Victorians need to hang their heads in shame.
The inferiority complex you blokes have over the border is astounding....On the actual topic the OP is right, Eddie shouldn’t be commenting on matters like this from other clubs....He has been very supportive of Beams & preached privacy, so he really should heed his own advice.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The inferiority complex you blokes have over the border is astounding....On the actual topic the OP is right, Eddie shouldn’t be commenting on matters like this from other clubs....He has been very supportive of Beams & preached privacy, so he really should heed his own advice.

No inferiority complex at all. Eddie's a campaigner. Absolute campaigner. He's got the ear of everyone and everything in Victoria. He is a cancer. You guy let that happen. That is on you.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
It is truly amazing how that fat Bogan bully has got to be what and where he is. Victorians need to hang their heads in shame. The only thing neccessary for the triumph of evil is when good people do nothing.

Cries about him being a bully but calls him a fat bogan 😂

You sound like a real far quit 👍

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
Not sure if anyone has seen him carrying on, on footy classified lately but it's embarrassing. He is like a kid who got invited onto the cool kids table in the canteen then comes back to tell all his mates that aren't in the 'in crowd' all that he has been part of.
The difference is the cool kids in the canteen are the afl, the nerdy kids are the other poor souls on footy classified and the general public having to listen to all his bullshit stories.
Yeah, he is insanely hyper on that awful show even by his own standards. Serious battle of ego between him and Caro over who is the dominant personality on the show.

Catsnlakers

Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
No inferiority complex at all. Eddie's a campaigner. Absolute campaigner. He's got the ear of everyone and everything in Victoria. He is a cancer. You guy let that happen. That is on you.
I agree Eddie speaks at times on things he shouldn’t, but that has nothing to do with us regular Victorians, all your comment shows is the clear inferiority complex you blokes have....Also does Mark Ricciuto speak for all of S.A?... He seems to basically run the sporting landscape over there from what we can tell.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I agree Eddie speaks at times on things he shouldn’t, but that has nothing to do with us regular Victorians, all your comment shows is the clear inferiority complex you blokes have....Also does Mark Ricciuto speak for all of S.A?... He seems to basically run the sporting landscape over there from what we can tell.

I'll show you I don't have an inferioty complex. I understand SA has zero influence on just about everything. ZERO. 60% of SA supports the Crows so Ricciuto with his terrible voice and limited intellect has a influence here. But it has no relevance anywhere else.

Maguire on the other hand is dangerous. He's a ******* idiot who promotes his own agenda in places that matter. He is the Victorian zeitgeist. I'd be embarrassed if that campaigner was talking for me.

Catsnlakers

Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
I'll show you I don't have an inferioty complex. I understand SA has zero influence on just about everything. ZERO. 60% of SA supports the Crows so Ricciuto with his terrible voice and limited intellect has a influence here. But it has no relevance anywhere else.

Maguire on the other hand is dangerous. He's a ******* idiot who promotes his own agenda in places that matter. He is the Victorian zeitgeist. I'd be embarrassed if that campaigner was talking for me.
I agree with parts of what you say on Eddie, no qualms there, he is one of the best self promoters you will ever see...To give credit where it’s due I think he’s been a good president for the Magpies, the biggest presidential profile for the biggest club....But he doesn’t speak for us as a state that’s for sure, & we shouldn’t be tarred with that brush...Have to agree to disagree I guess when it comes to Vic vs S.A, having gone over a few times to watch the footy I have never gone one quarter without hearing something about Victoria in general, from both sets of supporters...Can assure you we don’t speak about S.A anywhere near as much as you guys talk about Victoria.

Jun 9, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
He gets away with his crap comments every time.
Exactly, look how he spun his way out of the Adam goodes thing by saying he practices cultural respect every day and wouldn’t be attending counselling.....if it was every day then why was there a slip up?
Afl are gutless, imagine if he got an afl job where he had an impact on the game like Steven Hocking, would be like how he has been pro Geelong but for Collingwood only 1,000,000x worse

Back