Proof that Eddie McGuire is "hopelessly conflicted"

Remove this Banner Ad

Silly, simplistic nonsense. Do you seriously believe that? Need to engage the brain before typing, not afterwards.

Eddie, please find something else to do with your time other than posting on big footy.

You are a flog that is past his use by date. It happens to everyone. Enjoy the rugby tonight.

I used to like him, probably more than most. The battler from the northern suburbs come good through hard work. Have to admire that. But lately, and more specifically during this COVID period, he's just become insufferable and an embarrassment.

Problem is he thinks he knows it all. Ask him about anything he’ll claim to be an expert. The only thing he knows how to do well is bull*******.

I used to like him, probably more than most. The battler from the northern suburbs come good through hard work. Have to admire that. But lately, and more specifically during this COVID period, he's just become insufferable and an embarrassment.
Agree. He's become a total embarrassment.

I've grown tired of him very quickly.

Agree. He's become a total embarrassment.

I've grown tired of him very quickly.

I've been sick of him for quite some time. He can't understand what conflict of interest is & god help anyone who disagrees with him in the media.
Wish he'd move on, but I fear we are stuck with him until someone throws him out kicking & screaming.

So Collingwood have known about this for 11 months but haven't told the integrity dept about it?
How many press conferences have they had over that time?
Eddie three chins with three faces to go with them now it seems

I've been sick of him for quite some time. He can't understand what conflict of interest is & god help anyone who disagrees with him in the media.
Wish he'd move on, but I fear we are stuck with him until someone throws him out kicking & screaming.
He won't give up the presidency willingly so he will have to be dragged out kicking and screaming when the time comes. I think McGuire should have stepped aside around 2010/2011 at the latest.

Most Collingwood supporters still support him as far as I can see, so I doubt change is coming soon but there's some of us who think it's time to move on and step aside after 22 years. Who comes after him is anyone's guess.

Last edited:
He won't give up the presidency willingly so he will have to be dragged out kicking and screaming when the time comes. I think McGuire should have stepped aside around 2010/2011 at the latest. I would have been the perfect time to do so as it has been at the club for 12-13 years at that stage, we won the flag in 2010 and Mick's tenure was coming to an end.

Most Collingwood supporters still support him as far as I can see, so I doubt change is coming soon but there's some of us who think it's time to move on and step aside after 22 years. Who comes after him is anyone's guess.
Has there ever been a genuine challenger within Collingwood for the presidency?

Has there ever been a genuine challenger within Collingwood for the presidency?
None that come to mind.

The only two that were remote possibiliites were Craig Kelly (former Collingwood player and now involved in sports management) and Peter Murphy (board member as of 2019 and the man who undertook our club review in 2017).

He won't give up the presidency willingly so he will have to be dragged out kicking and screaming when the time comes. I think McGuire should have stepped aside around 2010/2011 at the latest.

He's done a brilliant job in making the AFL/MCC/CH 7 believe what is good for Collingwood is good for them. Absolutely brilliant on that front. But 1 flag in 22 years of tenure considering the massive advantages Collingwood enjoy is an extremely poor legacy.

Driving unlicensed is a serious offence. It's not like driving unregistered or a simple speeding ticket.

The magistrate will give you 2 or 3 warnings, then throw you in the clink. Not to mention the fines are huge for it and compound with each time your caught doing it.

There's a lot of 3 month stays in her majestys finest for repeat offenders of it...
It was in reference to Eddie's comments. One case left some unanswered questions and left plenty for people to speculate. The other was straight forward with all the info that was needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you are right

One is a player clearing laughing in the face of the law again

And the other was stabbed
One incident contains all relevant info. The other left some suspiciously unanswered questions based on the thread topic.

McGuire needs the Pies far more than they benefit from him. It is integral to his personal branding. The only Prez in the past three decades who has used the role for personal branding was Carlton's John Elliot. He was dragged out screaming. I expect that will happen to McGuire.

McGuire needs the Pies far more than they benefit from him. It is integral to his personal branding. The only Prez in the past three decades who has used the role for personal branding was Carlton's John Elliot. He was dragged out screaming. I expect that will happen to McGuire.

Elliot was successful in regards to on field performance though and that’s all supporters care about. Many Blues fans now say Elliot stuffed the club yet when they were winning flags they didn’t seem to mind.

One incident contains all relevant info. The other left some suspiciously unanswered questions based on the thread topic.
How is that the AFL still don't know what went on with Jordan 11 months on if all relevant info is known then?

Elliot was successful in regards to on field performance though and that’s all supporters care about. Many Blues fans now say Elliot stuffed the club yet when they were winning flags they didn’t seem to mind.
Was only when they started winning spoons was when the Blue coteries had an issue with him

Flags implies plural. Given the dollars thrown around getting sticks and Bradley to the club, Elliott was a failure.

Crows supporters can smell our own.

He’s the Vladimir Putin of AFL

I think that's fair.

He spent the first twenty years of his career promoting himself as the working class hero. Up against the arrogant toffs and elites and self interested w***ers.

Feel like he has now become the exact person he was always pretending to be against

He's forgotten where he came from.

Now's he's desperate to be seen as 'look at me now'.

Doesn't have an ounce of humility left in his body.

Last edited:

Brilliant time for Ed to bring up drug issues in other sports.........
On a side note what a narcissistic piece of :poo: that doctor is/was
Shouldn't of been allowed his licence back at all

The inferiority complex you blokes have over the border is astounding....On the actual topic the OP is right, Eddie shouldn’t be commenting on matters like this from other clubs....He has been very supportive of Beams & preached privacy, so he really should heed his own advice.
Sadly for Eddie, he is like so many other people because he does not listen to what Eddie says!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back