Proposal to bulldoze Thebarton Theatre.

Gough

Sep 29, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
One of the proposals to widen South Rd involves knocking over this grand old building and it would be absolute crime. In a city that had it's music venues gutted by those son of a bitch pokies, losing another venue like this would further weaken the music industry in this state and increase the chance of even more acts bypassing Adelaide (insert joke here). From a personal point of view I've seen so many great bands play there, from Devo to Bodycount and I've got tickets for Kristofferson in September, it's my favourite venue in the world and to see it knocked over would be heartbreaking.
Sign the petition here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie Dingle

sarah
Apr 16, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Due to alcohol and drug abuse I can’t remember all the bands I’ve seen there over the years but it holds a special place in my heart. For Sydneysiders think The Enmore and how gutted you would be if that was being torn down.

I know I’ve seen Nick Cave, Public Enemy, Ice T, Bodycount, Dinosaur Jnr, The Cranberries?, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Billy Bragg and many many others.

Gough

Sep 29, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Due to alcohol and drug abuse I can’t remember all the bands I’ve seen there over the years but it holds a special place in my heart. For Sydneysiders think The Enmore and how gutted you would be if that was being torn down.

I know I’ve seen Nick Cave, Public Enemy, Ice T, Bodycount, Dinosaur Jnr, The Cranberries?, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Billy Bragg and many many others.
Were you at the PE Bodycount gig there in the very early 90s. I was up the front that night and I looked back and the balcony looked like it was swaying.

Gough

Sep 29, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Arctic Monkeys on their first tour here were great at the Thebby, I saw Jeff Buckley there too not long before he died.

Magus

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Seen so many good shows at this venue. Would be a massive shame for it to make way for such a lame reason.

PoppedCorn

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 29, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
West Ham 76ers
Saw sid the turntable dude from Slipknot do a balcony dive
Sepultura on the Chaos AD tour with the crowd looking like a sea from up the back seats
Metallica for justice tour
Tool aenima tour
Man some great gigs have been here

Assholes if they bulldoze it

Roobs321

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Sydney Swans GWS CBR United
So many shows have been recorded there over the years as well, definitely one of Australia's most significant live music venues. In reality though, most of these places sadly end up biting the dust eventually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom