Proposal to bulldoze Thebarton Theatre.

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the proposals to widen South Rd involves knocking over this grand old building and it would be absolute crime. In a city that had it's music venues gutted by those son of a bitch pokies, losing another venue like this would further weaken the music industry in this state and increase the chance of even more acts bypassing Adelaide (insert joke here). From a personal point of view I've seen so many great bands play there, from Devo to Bodycount and I've got tickets for Kristofferson in September, it's my favourite venue in the world and to see it knocked over would be heartbreaking.
Sign the petition here.

Due to alcohol and drug abuse I can’t remember all the bands I’ve seen there over the years but it holds a special place in my heart. For Sydneysiders think The Enmore and how gutted you would be if that was being torn down.

I know I’ve seen Nick Cave, Public Enemy, Ice T, Bodycount, Dinosaur Jnr, The Cranberries?, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Billy Bragg and many many others.

Due to alcohol and drug abuse I can’t remember all the bands I’ve seen there over the years but it holds a special place in my heart. For Sydneysiders think The Enmore and how gutted you would be if that was being torn down.

I know I’ve seen Nick Cave, Public Enemy, Ice T, Bodycount, Dinosaur Jnr, The Cranberries?, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Billy Bragg and many many others.
Were you at the PE Bodycount gig there in the very early 90s. I was up the front that night and I looked back and the balcony looked like it was swaying.

Were you at the PE Bodycount gig there in the very early 90s. I was up the front that night and I looked back and the balcony looked like it was swaying.

Yep.

That gig rocked hard.

Seen so many good shows at this venue. Would be a massive shame for it to make way for such a lame reason.

So many shows have been recorded there over the years as well, definitely one of Australia's most significant live music venues. In reality though, most of these places sadly end up biting the dust eventually.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back