Expansion Proposals for a Truly National AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Go and read their 2021 financial report. It's readily available online

Their finances are irrelevant.

Their lack of support among fans, broadcasters etc are their death knell.

I've been saying this all along.

Let's deal in facts rather than the usual unsubstantiated rubbish you come out with.

Why would North Melbourne relocate? They're in absolutely no danger of becoming bankrupt, they have a substantial training and admin base in Melbourne which has been updated to the tune of $17 million over the past four years. They have record membership in 2022 and will possibly break 50,000 members for the first time in the next couple of years - if not this year.

Eddie McGuire can spout on all he likes about his grand plan to relocate North Melbourne to Tasmania, but its not going to happen.

I do not think North should relocate. Their only remote hope is a merger. Orherwise they can disappear to a suburban comp.

Their finances are irrelevant.

No they're not. They're very relevant. You just want to ignore the facts to argue your own agenda.
Their lack of support among fans,

Amongst fans? AFL fans? Yeah crowds are down. That's normal for most clubs at the bottom of the ladder. Membership however is at record levels.

They're doing pretty well to be debt free and profitable where they are on the ladder.

broadcasters etc

As North improve on field they'll be broadcast more often on free to air TV.

I do not think North should relocate. Their only remote hope is a merger.

Why would they merge? Do I need to go through the facts for you again? I don't even support North Melbourne, but the facts as I've outlined them are as clear as clear.

You're just spouting rubbish.

No they're not. They're very relevant. You just want to ignore the facts to argue your own agenda.

Amongst fans? AFL fans? Yeah crowds are down. That's normal for most clubs at the bottom of the ladder. Membership however is at record levels.

They're doing pretty well to be debt free and profitable where they are on the ladder.

As North improve on field they'll be broadcast more often on free to air TV.

Sure their finances are ok... nice trousseau for Footscray or the Dons.

Why would they merge? Do I need to go through the facts for you again?

You're just spouting rubbish.

As are you defending an unloved, barely supported Club that will distort the Comp.

So no need to merge. The AFL can't force them, so why would North even entertain the idea?

Other Clubs can force them out, by simply refusing to acknowledge them.

It won't happen. Nothing but fantasy from you. North aren't going anywhere.

Just keep saying that.

I doubt there have any support from other Clubs.

Relocation is not on. No-one wants them. Their one hope is merging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will. The facts overwhelmingly support it.

North Melbourne merging, relocating or exiting the competition is not even on the agenda.

Not going to happen. There's no need or desire for North to merge. You're living in a fantasy world.

Just watch over the next couple of years.

Yeah ok. :rolleyes:

You're kidding yourself. No chance at all. Why woud a debt free, profitable club with record membership entertain a merger?

I am afraid you are. Look down the track. They have negligible support.

I am afraid you are. Look down the track. They have negligible support.

And so with this so-called "negligible support", North Melbourne are still debt-free, profitable and have record membership. Imagine in a couple of years when they improve on field where they'll be. Yet you're implying in a couple of years North will be seeking a merger. It's pure fantasy.

North Melbourne will be part of a truly national AFL competition that will almost certainly consist of 19-20 clubs over the next 20-30 years. Tasmania and one of Darwin / Canberra.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back