Prediction Proposed Pies Rd 1 team, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still strange to have one of the best HB's in the game and in top form not in your starting 18. Why would you do it?

Where they named and where they start can be 2 Different Things

Mate if Stevo is injured I'll boil my Legends membership in 4 ounces of Creed Aventus. I've had it!

Mate if Stevo gets injured I'll spray Wally next door with a good dosage of Creed Aventus and watch him go.. 'ooohhhhh what's that s**t it's disgusting heyyyy Edna sorry it wasn't me.. get me another t will ya' like he's a clueless moron.

I've f had it man.. that's it for me.

Last edited:
Mihocek over Reid every day of the week.
Is just as strong in the air, covers the ground exceptionally better including ground level balls and isn't injury prone.

However, i wonder what the story is with Brayden Sier?
He'd be in our best 22 surely?

Perhaps the question is do we need Mihocek at all given the a undan e of forwards we have of all shapes and sizes? Sier does seem an unusual omission in JLT. Especially with wells and Adams our early on in the season (where would he fit if they’re in the team?)

Good luck match committee

Post Carlton:

B. Maynard Roughead Langdon
HB. Crisp Moore Howe
C. Sidebottom Pendlebury Phillips
HF. Thomas Mihocek De Goey
F. Stephenson Cox Elliott
R. Grundy Beams Treloar
I. Varcoe Greenwood Aish Mayne
E. Goldsack Sier C.Brown Daicos

Without Adams I would suggest Sier is a must if fit

I reckon this pretty much nails the likely round 1 starting 22.
I also wonder if DeGoey is a certain lock given he didn't play JLT. Crocker or Brown might be the smokey for forward line but I hope De Goey gets up.

giphy.gif

I think the cats will be tougher than most think
Recruited very wel IMO and I've noticed Hawkins looks the fittest I've seen him for years
He will lead up
Ablett= Maynard
Rohan = sack
Parfait =Quaynor

Sack can go with Rohan on the lead ( best option)
Maynard can hurt gazza
Issac plays pending Appleby form jlt2

Dalhause = crisp
Hawkins = Moore
Henry = Langdon

Duncan = Sidey
Selwood = beams
Guthrie = Phillips

Stewart = Thomas
Henderson = cox
Toohey = varcoe

Bews = stepho
Blicavs = checkers
Kade k = de goey

Abbott = grundy
Danger = pendels
Menengola = treleor

I/c
Kelly narkle Stanley sellwood

Aish Mayne seir. Daicos/ greenwood

It will be a great game

Toohey and Bews unlikely at this stage I thought. As is Scott Selwood.

Got a feeling a vfl start for Sier , brown might be ahead of him

You'd think he'd be unlikely against the Cats if he doesn't get a run in the VFL praccy match this weekend.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the AFL website by Ben Collins. Their proposed round 1 team.
Have to say it’s thereabouts by the looks.

Collingwood

B: Tom Langdon, Jordan Roughead, Brayden Maynard
HB: Jeremy Howe, Darcy Moore, Jack Crisp
C: Steele Sidebottom, Scott Pendlebury, Tom Phillips
HF: Jaidyn Stephenson, Brody Mihocek, Josh Thomas
F: Jamie Elliott, Mason Cox, Jordan De Goey
R: Brodie Grundy, Dayne Beams, Adam Treloar
I: Travis Varcoe, Brayden Sier, James Aish, Levi Greenwood

E: Chris Mayne, Tyson Goldsack, Callum Brown, Ben Crocker

NEW: Jordan Roughead, Dayne Beams

UNAVAILABLE: Taylor Adams (finger), Lynden Dunn (knee), Will Hoskin-Elliott (knee), Ben Reid (quad), Matt Scharenberg (knee), Daniel Wells (foot)
NOTES: A few injuries made this a slightly easier task, although after much agonising I still couldn't find a spot for two players from the Magpies' 2018 Grand Final team – defensive runner Chris Mayne was a victim of team balance, while veteran Tyson Goldsack was overlooked for a defensive forward role against Geelong. The midfield make-up was critical, with Levi Greenwood likely to tag Cats skipper Joel Selwood, against whom he has a good record, while Brayden Sier has played just a VFL practice game since overcoming a minor niggle but was included because of the unavailability of fellow inside midfielder Taylor Adams. The big inclusions are returning champion Dayne Beams, gun small forward Jamie Elliott, exciting key defender Darcy Moore and ex-Bulldogs big man Jordan Roughead, while explosive forward duo Jordan De Goey (foot) and Jaidyn Stephenson (groin) are also expected to be fit. Top draftee Isaac Quaynor was unlucky not to be at least an emergency, but his time will come. - Ben Collins

From the AFL website by Ben Collins. Their proposed round 1 team.
Have to say it’s thereabouts by the looks.

Collingwood

B: Tom Langdon, Jordan Roughead, Brayden Maynard
HB: Jeremy Howe, Darcy Moore, Jack Crisp
C: Steele Sidebottom, Scott Pendlebury, Tom Phillips
HF: Jaidyn Stephenson, Brody Mihocek, Josh Thomas
F: Jamie Elliott, Mason Cox, Jordan De Goey
R: Brodie Grundy, Dayne Beams, Adam Treloar
I: Travis Varcoe, Brayden Sier, James Aish, Levi Greenwood

E: Chris Mayne, Tyson Goldsack, Callum Brown, Ben Crocker

NEW: Jordan Roughead, Dayne Beams

UNAVAILABLE: Taylor Adams (finger), Lynden Dunn (knee), Will Hoskin-Elliott (knee), Ben Reid (quad), Matt Scharenberg (knee), Daniel Wells (foot)
NOTES: A few injuries made this a slightly easier task, although after much agonising I still couldn't find a spot for two players from the Magpies' 2018 Grand Final team – defensive runner Chris Mayne was a victim of team balance, while veteran Tyson Goldsack was overlooked for a defensive forward role against Geelong. The midfield make-up was critical, with Levi Greenwood likely to tag Cats skipper Joel Selwood, against whom he has a good record, while Brayden Sier has played just a VFL practice game since overcoming a minor niggle but was included because of the unavailability of fellow inside midfielder Taylor Adams. The big inclusions are returning champion Dayne Beams, gun small forward Jamie Elliott, exciting key defender Darcy Moore and ex-Bulldogs big man Jordan Roughead, while explosive forward duo Jordan De Goey (foot) and Jaidyn Stephenson (groin) are also expected to be fit. Top draftee Isaac Quaynor was unlucky not to be at least an emergency, but his time will come. - Ben Collins
Literally the only change I would make is dropping Crocker from the emergencies and replace him with Daicos, Murphy or Quaynor.

Literally the only change I would make is dropping Crocker from the emergencies and replace him with Daicos, Murphy or Quaynor.
You've got it wrong. You're meant to slag off any published team or list and call the journalist a halfwit.

Collins has more or less nailed it. Doubtful Sier gets up though. I think we'll see Mayne instead.

Collins has more or less nailed it. Doubtful Sier gets up though. I think we'll see Mayne instead.
I peg Mayne as playing.
If Sier is fit he’ll also play.
Greenwood being the unlucky miss is my best guess.

Let Sier run with Duckw. And Maynard.

I chucked Ben Collins an email about his team, this is what he wrote back:

"I wouldn’t stress about Sier. He wasn’t named an emergency for either JLT game because I believe he had the niggle leading into the first one and then it was felt he’d be better off getting a full game under his belt in the VFL. Nothing sinister as far as I’m aware.

He’s fit enough to play in Rd 1 but whether they pick him is the question. I’d say he’s a fair chance to play, but not playing in either JLT game works against him. Your guess is as good as mine.

If I had my time again I’d probably put Mayne back in and make Sier an emergency (as I had originally), because that’s probably more likely. Adams being out gives him a better chance though.

Barring anything unforeseen, he’s a certainty to be re-signed. Unique style of player at the club."

I’ve decided Sier will be playing.

And that is that.

(Ofcourse I have no say in such matters.)

(But he’ll play anyway.)

:)

Good luck match committee

Post Carlton:

B. Maynard Roughead Langdon
HB. Crisp Moore Howe
C. Sidebottom Pendlebury Phillips
HF. Thomas Mihocek De Goey
F. Stephenson Cox Elliott
R. Grundy Beams Treloar
I. Varcoe Greenwood Aish Mayne
E. Goldsack Sier C.Brown Daicos