Prediction Proposed Pies Rd 1 team, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t believe Crocker isn’t in any sides.
He’s not overtaking Elliott, Thomas, Stephenson and when Hyphen is back he’ll be further back.

So not seeing it myself.

But if he works hard who knows he might earn a spot.

IMO

Chris Mayne is a LOCK, his job on lambert(prelim), 20 tackles in grand final and successful subduing of McGovern proves it

Vital for our structure , covers defensively for those who don't work both ways and there's a lot of them

Makes space on the fat side for a relief kick and. He very rarely loses a 1 on 1 in the spot he fills

Can tag
Can play defensive forward as well

I. Also think Jeremy May go to
wing at some stage

My best team are

Maynard. Rough head Langdon
Crisp. Moore. Treleor.

Howe. Adams. Sidey
Grundy. Pendels beams

Thomas. Cox. Stepho

Elliott. De goey. Whe

Seir Mayne varcoe sack/ phillips

Injuries will give checkers and Phillips and greenwood a look

Strong Vfl team

Wills wells Dunn Daicos brown brown lynch Crocker broomy quaynour

IMO

Chris Mayne is a LOCK, his job on lambert(prelim), 20 tackles in grand final and successful subduing of McGovern proves it

Vital for our structure , covers defensively for those who don't work both ways and there's a lot of them

Makes space on the fat side for a relief kick and. He very rarely loses a 1 on 1 in the spot he fills

Can tag

wing at some stage

My best team are

Crisp. Moore. Treleor.

Howe. Adams. Sidey
Grundy. Pendels beams

Thomas. Cox. Stepho

Elliott. De goey. Whe

Strong Vfl team

Darky I don’t always agree with all your posts but I just love reading them.

Your passion, and unique posting syntax and style is all part of the rich tapestry of our board.

And agree, Mayne is a lot closer for me I’d venture. His 14 tackles in the GF was through the roof.

Thanks saintly

Think we need to get the balance right

Adam of the hbf will make Whitfield look average
Howe to wing gives us relief and aerial strength both ways

Love wells to come in for a cameo ( he's so good)

Can't help but think tackling will be super important this year with the new rules
Rather have beams , Adams, seir , pendels and others in the guts even Maynard and jordy

Personally we have lots of great players who ain't gonna get a go

Reminds me of 2010

Fraser , obree Lockyer medhurst

All hardly considered

So are we set on moore taking the kickins? Did Crisp take any last year? wouldve thought crisp would be a great candidate with his run and carry

So are we set on moore taking the kickins? Did Crisp take any last year? wouldve thought crisp would be a great candidate with his run and carry

I think we'll be fairly flexible with Moore given priority if he's in the area.

He's been playing wing.
Yes he has.
But nonetheless names in front of him would be Sidebottom, Phillips, Mayne, Aish, Crisp, Beams, Treloar, Sier any of those and others could fill the wing role.

It’s nice Crocker is adding extra strings to the bow and that’s a credit to him that he’s looked ok in that role.
Though I must say, I don’t see him getting a gig.
Not a present, far too many healthy types ahead of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read it that way too, but would team already be selected and would the captain be privvy to it?
team would not be selected, that would be more on Tuesday night or so, Scott may have general discussions in the area with coaches.

Thursday night we will know about 6.25pm when teams drop.

IMO

Can tag

wing at some stage

My best team are

Crisp. Moore. Treleor.

Howe. Adams. Sidey
Grundy. Pendels beams

Thomas. Cox. Stepho

Elliott. De goey. Whe

Strong Vfl team

Nah Howe is too good an intercept mark off half back to be played anywhere else.

B: Tom Langdon, Jordan Roughead, Brayden Maynard
HB: Jeremy Howe, Darcy Moore, Jack Crisp
C: Steele Sidebottom, Scott Pendlebury, Tom Phillips
HF: Jaidyn Stephenson, Brody Mihocek, Josh Thomas
F: Jamie Elliott, Mason Cox, Jordan De Goey
R: Brodie Grundy, Dayne Beams, Adam Treloar
I: Travis Varcoe, Brayden Sier, James Aish, Levi Greenwood

That team selected by the Hersld Sun looks very good.

Assuming Stevo and DeGoey play, then it’s just a question of whether Sier and Aish make the cut or whether others like C Brown will get the nod. My guess is out Sier in Brown from that list.

Adams And Hoskin-Elliot to add to the lineup and it’s looking pretty formidable.

Assuming Stevo and DeGoey play, then it’s just a question of whether Sier and Aish make the cut or whether others like C Brown will get the nod. My guess is out Sier in Brown from that list.

Adams And Hoskin-Elliot to add to the lineup and it’s looking pretty formidable.

Yep good side on paper & I agree Sier may be the one who doesn't lineup in the seniors for round 1. Which is a shame if that is self inflicted. That's what I thought Pendles was alluding to.
Callum Brown can fill in for him as you suggest.
I like Aish & Greenwood on the bench. They are versatile & can both assist in the midfield or down back when needed.
Varcoe gives us bursting speed & is super important to us.
Looking forward to having Beams back in the B&W.

That side is probably not too far off the mark.

The conjecture will come around Sier, Aish, and Greenwood. Sier due simply to him missing a few weeks and uncertainty about whether he's ready. Aish and Greenwood have both been good throughout the preseason and of the 2, I'd opt for Aish over Greenwood if it came to a choice.

Others in the mix: Mayne, Daicos, C Brown, Goldsack.

Unlikely but can't be ruled out: Wills, Crocker, IQ, Appleby

If Sier doesn't get up, I'd opt for C Brown, especially given the absence of Adams.

I think Mayne will get the nod over Greenwood. I'd even take the Sack before him.

Sad we didn't get more exposure for IQ and Appleby. Gives Aish a chance to make that 7th defender slot his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back