News Proposed Redevelopment of Subiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.surfinglife.com.au/news/...-oval-could-turn-into-a-120-million-wave-park

As most of you are well aware there has been a number of ideas for the redevelopment of Kitchener Park.

Some people would like apartment style buildings for more housing while others may prefer a more family centred or tourist centred area. I personally would love the Subiaco Council and State Government to seriously consider the wave park for this area. I believe it would give Subiaco a great buzz and bring a lot of family fun as well as tourists in the area thus putting money back into Subiaco. Some of the restaurants and Pubs will struggle without the influx of patrons before and after the footy on the weekends.

I also used to be a keen surfer and know that during the summer months when Perth is mostly un-surfable it will attract people eager to get a wave in before or after work. Sure nothing beats the real thing but if it's designed right it will provide a consistent ride that Perth and the surrounding area doesn't have.

I'd like to know other peoples thoughts on this idea or other ideas that would help make Subiaco an exciting place to visit.

d07c5bc87a9940239e75339d37cd6ff5.jpeg

Yep this old chestnut. Tonight the Melville Council will be voting in the wave pool Subi passed on.

URBNSURF has proposed the venture next to Tompkins Park, Attadale.

Fingers crossed it goes ahead. Public support by the Melville rate payers outweighed the public opposed in the initial votes.

Surfs up!!!

Yep this old chestnut. Tonight the Melville Council will be voting in the wave pool Subi passed on.

URBNSURF has proposed the venture next to Tompkins Park, Attadale.

Fingers crossed it goes ahead. Public support by the Melville rate payers outweighed the public opposed in the initial votes.

Surfs up!!!

Jeez,can't imagine what the traffic would be like around the park if it's actually a successful venture.

Jeez,can't imagine what the traffic would be like around the park if it's actually a successful venture.
Really can't see the traffic being an issue at all. There'll only be a limited amount of people that could use the facility at once. Would be surprised if there was more than a couple of hundred cars maximum per hour going in and out of the place. So fk all in the scheme of things.

Will be great if it goes ahead.

Subiaco Oval would be a good site for the proposed new city high school. Excellent access to public transport, plenty of nicely grassed space for sports, good cafes and bars for staff and students within easy walking distance.

Subiaco Oval would be a good site for the proposed new city high school. Excellent access to public transport, plenty of nicely grassed space for sports, good cafes and bars for staff and students within easy walking distance.

Worthy suggestion Yaka, but wouldn't the proceeds from from anything Subiaco Oval go to offset the new stadium? Another school next to an existing school, would that work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Proceeds would offset the cost of the new school. One of the schools would serve as a district high, the other as a school for the academically gifted. I think that's pretty much Labor's plan anyway. It should reduce the blowback from the Old Modernians and provide a new school in a setting with a pleasant ambience.

Wouldn't need to change the toilets either that's exactly the standard I remember from my school days!!

http://www.surfinglife.com.au/news/...-oval-could-turn-into-a-120-million-wave-park

As most of you are well aware there has been a number of ideas for the redevelopment of Kitchener Park.

Some people would like apartment style buildings for more housing while others may prefer a more family centred or tourist centred area. I personally would love the Subiaco Council and State Government to seriously consider the wave park for this area. I believe it would give Subiaco a great buzz and bring a lot of family fun as well as tourists in the area thus putting money back into Subiaco. Some of the restaurants and Pubs will struggle without the influx of patrons before and after the footy on the weekends.

I also used to be a keen surfer and know that during the summer months when Perth is mostly un-surfable it will attract people eager to get a wave in before or after work. Sure nothing beats the real thing but if it's designed right it will provide a consistent ride that Perth and the surrounding area doesn't have.

I'd like to know other peoples thoughts on this idea or other ideas that would help make Subiaco an exciting place to visit.

d07c5bc87a9940239e75339d37cd6ff5.jpeg

I think it would be great to add more space for small businesses!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back