• Myles Bolger
  • Ben Brown
  • Julian Dobosz
  • Josh Waldhuter
  • Brody Mihocek
  • Chad Sandilands
  • Mitch Brewer
  • Jarrod Dalton

Myles Bolger has had foot issues again, and clubs are very wary of them these days.
Hopefully his surgery will fix his problems permantly, then he will be back on peoples radar.

• Nelson
  • Valenti
  • Wheeler

Any insight to these players either. If I could take the job of the Richmond selector I would of gone Nelson and Waldhunter instead of Steven Verrier
and Gibson Turner. Its quite disappointing when you see such talents not given a chance

A few KPPs who I would have taken a shot on, but teams not rating KPPs seemed to be a common theme this year. Disappointed for Bolger, injury free he would be a great player.

If I could take the job of the Richmond selector I would of gone Nelson and Waldhunter instead of Steven Verrier and Gibson Turner. Its quite disappointing when you see such talents not given a chance

Gibson Turner is more talented than Nelson, Waldhuter and Verrier put together.

These the Ones that Caught my Eye:

• Waylen Manson
  • Myles Bolger
  • Ben Brown
  • Julian Dobosz
  • Josh Waldhuter
  • Brody Mihocek
  • Chad Sandilands
  • Mitch Brewer
  • Jarrod Dalton

Who was the journalist that said Port was considering using its first pick on Manson ?

Jason Williams is another.. surprised nobody gave him a chance...

Will be interesting to see if he can get another crack next year..

The experience should ground him somewhat..

• Nelson
  • Valenti
  • Wheeler

Any insight to these players either. If I could take the job of the Richmond selector I would of gone Nelson and Waldhunter instead of Steven Verrier
and Gibson Turner. Its quite disappointing when you see such talents not given a chance
Gibson Turner's a good pickup.

I would love to know the reason clubs are overlooking Nelson. Does not make any sense to me. No injuries, level headed kid, decent size - whats stopping them?

I would love to know the reason clubs are overlooking Nelson. Does not make any sense to me. No injuries, level headed kid, decent size - whats stopping them?

Two words: Travel Risk. Sure he is a great talent but needs to proven he could live in Melbourne.

Egger
Wyatt
Hylton
Fairley
Coleman (I think)
Wooffindin
Uysal
Little
Duscher
Tipungwuti (probably not so much of a surprise)
Garside

Bombers didn't scholarship list Tweeddale, which surprised me, at least

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waylon Manson has a couple of things against him.

Despite his talent, he is a massive fight risk. We all know Indigenous players from remote communities have a strong link to their homes.
He needs to take himself and play a full season in the WAFL or SANFL and prove he can cope with being away from home. He has had issues in the past.

And, he needs to show he can reproduce that talent in a higher standard comp than Darwin.

Chris Cain
Myles Sewell
Anton Woods
Jack Charleston
Sam Dwyer
Lachlan George
Matt O'Dwyer
Ben Nason
Dean Galea
Roland Ah Chee

This is what Emma Quayle had to say

What probably had him slip through the national draft was his kicking. While he did well in draft combine testing, his disposal can get a bit scrappy under pressure and lacks penetration.

Now I've never seen the guy play, but what does amaze me is that he topped the kicking test at the drat combine with 97% efficiency (29/30).

Next best was 87% (26/30).

Now Emma is a good assessor of talent so I don't doubt her analysis, but what it does bring into question is the methodology of the kicking test.

Foot skills are clearly highly regarded by recruiters these days. If the draft combine kicking test produces flawed results why have it in the first place?

Chris Cain
Myles Sewell
Anton Woods
Jack Charleston
Sam Dwyer
Lachlan George
Matt O'Dwyer
Ben Nason
Dean Galea
Roland Ah Chee
I still can't believe that Sewell, Valenti and Dwyer all went without a new home again. Those three were probably the three best mids in the VFL (okay, Dwyer was more of a HBF) and clearly have a lot to offer a team.

You'd especially think that GWS would love someone with proven leadership skills in Sewell.

I'm more than a little surprised that Waldhuter missed out.

I figured Essendon or Melbourne could do with a player like him.

Now Emma is a good assessor of talent so I don't doubt her analysis, but what it does bring into question is the methodology of the kicking test.

Foot skills are clearly highly regarded by recruiters these days. If the draft combine kicking test produces flawed results why have it in the first place?

The kicking test is more a decision making test than anything else. It assesses reactions and your kicking ability with zero pressure around you. There is no way of recreating game pressure, so it's the best they can do really.

I always thought Nelson's result was an anomaly, not the norm though. In game situations, he is an OK kick but you'll never stand up and take notice of it - not for good reasons at least. I did expect him to get picked regardless of his kicking, because of what else he brings to the table. A bit like Andrew Swallow. I'm sure Nelson will be talked about again next year though.

This is what Emma Quayle had to say

Now I've never seen the guy play, but what does amaze me is that he topped the kicking test at the drat combine with 97% efficiency (29/30).

Next best was 87% (26/30).

Not a big fan of the kicking test, it can produce results that are different to what you see in games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back