No Oppo Supporters Protected Victorians.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

Well this just proves that the Victorian clubs are protected.

If it was Greene, not the above piece of garbage, the AFL media would of swamped social media and the AFL would of banned him for 4 weeks.

We are here for growing the junior base and adding another game on tv.

Another nail in the coffin fornthe term AFLs love child.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
So you've got one of the worst injury lists for a long period of time, including numerous soft tissue injuries, you've got a bloke in Jon Patton who is seeking other opportunities after years and years of injury and rehabilitation and now Nick Haynes being allowed back on the ground after an injury that, thanks to google, has the following description: "A laryngeal fracture can occur following direct trauma to the neck region and may lead to life-threatening airway obstruction. For this reason, a patient suspected of having a fractured larynx should be treated in an emergent manner."

"Protected Victorians" is hilarious, maybe look at your medical staff, clearly not up to standard.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
And if it was a soft tissue injury would agree that our medicos suck. In fact I think our medicos do suck.

A broken larynx though is not caused by medicos.

Oh and a heads up. Patton is gone because he is 4th in line and injury prone. He is also coming I to the largest part of his back ended contract.

Protected Victorians is bang on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Bont gets protected.

The dogs have always been protected being the AFL Fairytale.

As for Patton have already said how, in my opinion, it was going down.

You think it's Patton wanting out, I think it's the club shopping around an injury prone player who is well down the Peking order but on big big money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Stephenson decision reiterates how corrupt the A(V)FL is. Big Vic club, gets special dispensation. Just because his AFL side plays on Friday, he's allowed to play VFL on the weekend - when anyone else would see that as simply the same round. But the A(V)FL can't wait a couple of hours for a medical report when it involves a Victorian team's star player in Brownlow contention.

Last edited:
Going forward if someone is going to create a "lighting rod" thread on this board please mark it with the NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS preface.
This thread has been severely redacted and edited, and is now strictly inhouse.

It keeps the discussion relevant to the members of this board and bans trolls, s**t stirrers and anti-club posters.
Sadly we have a couple of clubs whose supporters are unable to keep their arguments on the mainboard, where they belong and are no doubt embraced.

Last edited:

Marv Merchants

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Toby Greene gets analysed, watched and criticised for any little misdemeanour heavier than any other AFL player in the competition .. it’s like they’re (vic bastards) looking for any little excuse they can to give him weeks or a fine.

Disgraceful bias.

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
They are not only protected they are so influential.

As soon as we were formed Eddie McGuire got on the offensive saying “We gave them too much” in regards to draft allowances.

Once our Academy started churning good players he jumped up and down and got his mates from Hawthorn to do the same and sure enough it was scaled back.

When the Phil Scully thing happened we got the exorbitant salary cap penalty absorbing his salary when he was actually in the recruitment space. Do you think Geelong haven’t been doing everything and more to keep Tim Kelly and his demanding missus happy there?? Is that in their cap?

When Todd Marshall was touted as a potential number 1 pick how do you think they came up with the “Registration error” excuse and when Brander and Spargo looked highly promising again changes made to make things difficult.

We are constantly given the worst fixture times, constantly on the wrong end of free kicks (due to no noise of affirmation) and have also been punished multiple times at the MRO (don’t forget Stevie J).

I’m not a conspiracy theorist and we have been truly cursed with injuries but from the outside it looks like the AFL love is for TV Rights and want us to always be competitive.

However when it comes to crunch time they are more than happy to throw us under the bus and have done so on numerous occasions. They know we have deficiencies in our medical and coaching structure but have done very little to help.

The big problem with the AFL is that it’s still very much run by the big clubs. Guys like Eddie McGuire sneeze and they catch a cold.

They are horribly arrogant, self-serving and controlling and see us purely as a revenue builder and junior development feeder team.

Until we actually get a fair crack and beat them when it counts, I will never change my feeling on this and I dare say neither will they.

cowgirl_99

Senior List
Jun 13, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney
try walking into the media box..us folks from NSW get treated like the great unwashed..The Melbournians think they're the centre of the football universe ..... I'm being satirical here but the vibe to me is when in Melbourne = (Chicago) = pinstripes & violin cases = gangsterville = protected racket... When in Bleak City I'm always looking at my watch seeing how long it is before I'm back on the plane & back home in Sydney..... The Haynes busted larynix incident was a gold plated example of just how biased the review committee is... the Greene incident reminds of the finessing in a rugby league tackle after the hit up has been made..the players are on the ground.. and it's done to put off your opponent..done fairly..it's a great tactic..nothing wrong with it...Toby did nothing wrong...if he gouged the eye sure cop it sweet he did nothing..the handwringing Damien Barrett's of this world (reckon he looks like Elvis Costello btw, without his talent) were after Tobes immediately after the game..to think that bloke makes cash off doing that confirms my "Chicago" vibe... just hope the boys can get over the line..they can DO this regardless of the outs...

Last edited:

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
try walking into the media box..us folks from NSW get treated like the great unwashed..The Melbournians think they're the centre of the football universe ..... I'm being satirical here but the vibe to me is when in Melbourne = (Chicago) = pinstripes & violin cases = gangsterville = protected racket... When in Bleak City I'm always looking at my watch seeing how long it is before I'm back on the plane & back home in Sydney..... The Haynes busted larynix incident was a gold plated example of just how biased the review committee is... the Greene incident reminds of the finessing in a rugby league tackle after the hit up has been made..the players are on the ground.. and it's done to put off your opponent..done fairly..it's a great tactic..nothing wrong with it...Toby did nothing wrong...if he gouged the eye sure cop it sweet he did nothing..the handwringing Damien Barrett's of this world (reckon he looks like Elvis Costello btw, without his talent) were after Tobes immediately after the game..to think that bloke makes cash off doing that confirms my "Chicago" vibe... just hope the boys can get over the line..they can DO this regardless of the outs...

Beautifully crafted and agree with every word 👍

Powkid

Senior List
Jul 31, 2012
Northern Beaches
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, Carlton
They are not only protected they are so influential.

As soon as we were formed Eddie McGuire got on the offensive saying “We gave them too much” in regards to draft allowances.

Once our Academy started churning good players he jumped up and down and got his mates from Hawthorn to do the same and sure enough it was scaled back.

When the Phil Scully thing happened we got the exorbitant salary cap penalty absorbing his salary when he was actually in the recruitment space. Do you think Geelong haven’t been doing everything and more to keep Tim Kelly and his demanding missus happy there?? Is that in their cap?

When Todd Marshall was touted as a potential number 1 pick how do you think they came up with the “Registration error” excuse and when Brander and Spargo looked highly promising again changes made to make things difficult.

We are constantly given the worst fixture times, constantly on the wrong end of free kicks (due to no noise of affirmation) and have also been punished multiple times at the MRO (don’t forget Stevie J).

I’m not a conspiracy theorist and we have been truly cursed with injuries but from the outside it looks like the AFL love is for TV Rights and want us to always be competitive.

However when it comes to crunch time they are more than happy to throw us under the bus and have done so on numerous occasions. They know we have deficiencies in our medical and coaching structure but have done very little to help.

The big problem with the AFL is that it’s still very much run by the big clubs. Guys like Eddie McGuire sneeze and they catch a cold.

They are horribly arrogant, self-serving and controlling and see us purely as a revenue builder and junior development feeder team.

Until we actually get a fair crack and beat them when it counts, I will never change my feeling on this and I dare say neither will they.

Very well said Andre, couldn’t of said it better myself!
Now I would want nothing more than to beat these bastards on Saturday! Beating Eddie would make it even sweeter.

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
You do realise that Collingwood, particularly, forego many millions of dollars a year to ensure that expansion clubs not only survive but prosper?
Fair enough if you want to have a go at Gillon and his boys club but don't have a go at one of the main clubs which enabled your club to exist and has stood behind the decision since..financially.
Playing the eternal victim when in reality your club and importantly you as a supporter owe a very real and visible debt to a club like Collingwood is beneath you.

Collingwood do not run the tribunal or the AFL, if they did they would ahve 40 flags.

Collingwood has had more than it's fair share of players miss critical finals and Grand Finals thanks to the tribunal...

You need to have a good hard look at whether you are actually prepared to be a true supporter knowing this may be the norm.

Every Collingwood supporter is and does.

Welcome to footy.
Life was never meant to be fair.

The fact that you are commenting in a GWS thread clearly marked No Opposition Supporters is another example of your sense of entitlement.

Mods please.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
You do realise that Collingwood, particularly, forego many millions of dollars a year to ensure that expansion clubs not only survive but prosper?
Fair enough if you want to have a go at Gillon and his boys club but don't have a go at one of the main clubs which enabled your club to exist and has stood behind the decision since..financially.
Playing the eternal victim when in reality your club and importantly you as a supporter owe a very real and visible debt to a club like Collingwood is beneath you.

Collingwood do not run the tribunal or the AFL, if they did they would ahve 40 flags.

Collingwood has had more than it's fair share of players miss critical finals and Grand Finals thanks to the tribunal...

You need to have a good hard look at whether you are actually prepared to be a true supporter knowing this may be the norm.

Welcome to footy.
You can't read?

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

People wonder why players re-sign with us.

It's the culture, it's the club itself.

But it's also bullshit like this. It makes you hate the VFL clubs and media and so you want no part of them.

BarryAglett

7th Round Draft Pick
Sep 24, 2014
Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS

Welcome to footy.
Let us vent. Don't tell us who to be grateful to.
Bugger off.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Ban me from your board.
I am putting a valid opinion and nothing I have posted is in any way ban worthy.
simply pointing out absolute facts which pertain to the poster comments.
I am also a GWS member. Where does that leave the discussion?
Don't think it's valid at all.

Your post, to break it down, basically said we pay your bills so suck it up or bugger off.

To this I say * you you entitled Vfler.

Opposition supporters are always welcome in threads but this thread is specially saying giants fans only. As i can't remember you being a regular contributor that rules you out of a thread like this.

Back