Protecting George Pell

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually its being fair by not singling out. Do you deny pedastry in the Islaamic world is not an issue either?
the dancing boys in those afghani worlords, yep. and those parts of afghani society only tenuously, and cultural muslim. dont know about other examples, sure you will provide them

the difference is, they don't pertain to provide pastoral care, and an education body, and an institution to profess ethics and morals.

It's not. Especially in this context. They are both about protecting a brand. Pell in particular has shown that he would rather shelter paedophiles than risk damage to the brand he works to protect. I suppose it is easier to justify that sort of behaviour to yourself when you have an absolute and unshakable conviction that you are Right and Good.
I am not sure how we got from my original post that read:

"Can't recall Pell ever giving evidence under oath. I think he has only appeared at Vic. Enquiry and made written statements.
Now he is in witness protection at the Vatican."

To talking about protecting the 'brand'. I understand all this but protecting the brand is an easy concept, where I think the waters are getting muddied is when the organisation is protecting an individual. Huge difference!

they have got a hardtime in The Age in Victoria, not so sure about SMH and Sydney. but it is pretty small fry compared to the micks. MAnny Wax has formed an equivalent victims organisation for his community.
My problem is that they have been covering it up inside the last 5 years, with Pell we're talking about things that happened in the early 70s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not sure how we got from my original post that read:

"Can't recall Pell ever giving evidence under oath. I think he has only appeared at Vic. Enquiry and made written statements.
Now he is in witness protection at the Vatican."

To talking about protecting the 'brand'. I understand all this but protecting the brand is an easy concept, where I think the waters are getting muddied is when the organisation is protecting an individual. Huge difference!
Yep but the individual is being protected because he 'protected' the church's 'brand.' He put the reputation of the church ahead of the welfare of the parishioners. He looked away, or denied or went further, all with the intent of keeping the church's good name. What other motivation did he have?

Hopefully if Pell does appear, his memory improves as his job at the Vatican might be in jeopardy. Looking after all that money.
Pope Francis has been doing a pretty big clean out of the Vatican since he came to power so George would have every reason to be nervous.

Yep but the individual is being protected because he 'protected' the church's 'brand.' He put the reputation of the church ahead of the welfare of the parishioners. He looked away, or denied or went further, all with the intent of keeping the church's good name. What other motivation did he have?
Proof please? Pell has already faced 2 Inquiry's. One in NSW and one in Victoria. No proof has so far been forthcoming!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back