Society/Culture Proud Boys

Remove this Banner Ad

You think you have to be white to promote white supremacy?
You think white supremacy groups won't work with people that will end up on the heap if they do gain power?
Basically you have person of colour leading a group is CLASSED as a white supremacy group!
Let that sink in!

Basically you have person of colour leading a group is CLASSED as a white supremacy group!
Let that sink in!
Its not impossible. An openly Hitlerian racist group wouldn’t entertain having a black man as their leader. A wink-wink-nudge-nudge “I’m only speaking about black CULTURE” type would. The latter group would love a black man saying all the same stuff as them because it:
  • appears to vindicate their views as it’s coming from and insider of the target minority group; and
  • lets them outwardly (and perhaps inwardly) deny being racist.

Again I dunno if this applies to that individual. But by now we’ve heard enough “how could I be a fascist? I’m Jewish!” to know what is sometimes really going on.

Its not impossible. An openly Hitlerian racist group wouldn’t entertain having a black man as their leader. A wink-wink-nudge-nudge “I’m only speaking about black CULTURE” type would. The latter group would love a black man saying all the same stuff as them because it:
  • appears to vindicate their views as it’s coming from and insider of the target minority group; and

Again I dunno if this applies to that individual. But by now we’ve heard enough “how could I be a fascist? I’m Jewish!” to know what is sometimes really going on.
Hitler knew he wasn't an Aryan, but didn't let that stop him.

Just goes to show what a sham the Nazi politics was.
One man with a narcissistic personality disorder and 20 million people dead in Europe.
Millions were dead prior to the angry wing nut vegetarian letting his hatred out on the world In the communist Russian revolution under the Lenin and Stalin and the red army where Antifa originated from

It's similar to how Sky News have Rita Panahi and The Daily Wire have Candice Owens. I mean clearly both these orgs probably don't subscribe to diversity or critical race theory, but they use it when it suits them I guess.

Millions were dead prior to the angry wing nut vegetarian letting his hatred out on the world In the communist Russian revolution under the Lenin and Stalin and the red army where Antifa originated from
Not really the same tho is it.

Russia was a brutal repressive empire where the aristiocrats abused common people for generations. That was never gonna end well. Its like pretending Cuba was better before Castro's revolution. (I guess it was it was if you were an American with alot of money who liked coke and ******* underage hookers.)

The other was a middle class democracy like we have now turning into a rapid, psychotic death society.

People who look at finding some sort of equivalence in those situations are stupid.

Not really the same tho is it.

Russia was a brutal repressive empire where the aristiocrats abused common people for generations. That was never gonna end well. Its like pretending Cuba was better before Castro's revolution. (I guess it was it was if you were an American with alot of money who liked coke and ******* underage hookers.)

The other was a middle class democracy like we have now turning into a rapid, psychotic death society.

People who look at finding some sort of equivalence in those situations are stupid.
Surely Russia got worse under Stalin’s rule, though..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re trying to be a Tucker Carlson type but got over excited and abandoned sentence structure.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Surely Russia got worse under Stalin’s rule, though..
I dunno. How bad was it for the peasants before the revolution? How bad was it afterward?

I know people who say that even before the collapse of the USSR Eastern Europe was a better place for most people than it is today. (If you weren't into politics especially.)

FkNdmQ1XEAwmi7T

No. I’m just stating his heritage.Afro Cubin and a leader of a so called white supremacist group!
Something sound odd here?

This 2021 article might shed some light on that;

“White Supremacy Is Not Just for White People”: Trumpism, the Proud Boys, and the Extremist Allure for People of Color
February 2, 2021

...The presence of people of color in far-right extremist groups is not a new phenomenon; in 2018 the Daily Beast conducted nearly a dozen interviews with Latino, Asian, and Black participants at far-right rallies on the West Coast, many of whom blamed Black people for the disproportionate police violence that befalls their communities. The far-right group Patriot Prayer, which is based in Vancouver, Washington, and has ties to the Proud Boys, was founded by Joey Gibson, who identifies as Japanese American. His “right-hand man,” according to the Daily Beast, is Tusitala “Tiny” Toese, a Samoan American who has been a fixture at right-wing rallies. (In October of last year, Toese was sentenced to six months in jail on a probation violation, having pleaded guilty to a fourth-degree assault charge that January.)

Following 2020’s presidential election in which a high number of people of color voted for Trump to remain in office (in some cases in higher numbers than in 2016), questions have arisen about the ideologies of Trump’s nonwhite supporters, their political mindset—and whether their numbers could grow.

Cassie Miller, a researcher with the Southern Poverty Law Center, told me that, while there are no clear statistics on the number of people of color in the Proud Boys, “in 2019 we found 44 different chapters, and the [ethnic] makeup varies by location. Different chapters take on a different character.” She added, “I think joining a group like this shows the contradictory places people exist in society and how they look for different ways of achieving power. With this group it’s not just about white supremacy, but also perpetuating a patriarchal society.” Women are not allowed to join the Proud Boys, Miller noted, and neither are transgender men or gender-nonconforming people...

...Omar Wasow, an assistant professor in the Department of Politics at Princeton University, has been studying race and politics in the United States for nearly two decades, and noted how the shift in what defines whiteness has influenced who is drawn to organizations like the Proud Boys. “White supremacy is not just for white people anymore. You can invite anybody into this ideology and different individuals are motivated by different things,” Wasow said. Born to Cuban immigrants and raised in Little Havana, Miami, Tarrio said he was lured to the group by its atmosphere, which reminded him of his family and childhood. “My house, at like 7 o’clock in the morning, there’s like 20 people...talking about politics, roasting each other...I was brought up in that environment, so that kind of brings me into the f*ckery that comes along with being a Proud Boy,” he told Heavy in 2018.

In November, Kyle Chapman, the founder of a “tactical defense arm” of the Proud Boys, attempted to undermine Tarrio and establish the group as explicitly white and anti-Semitic, according to the South Florida Sun Sentinel. But other factions have used their ideologies to draw in a more diverse membership. “I think it’s important to keep in mind that white supremacy has always been composed of multiple strands,” said Wasow. “Some of it is literally about white domination over Black people, but some of it is also about deep anti-Semitism. Some of it in the past has been anti-Catholic and that speaks to how the boundaries of whiteness have changed over time...”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back