Society/Culture Proud Boys

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Here you go boofhead

Thousands of people present and NYT reckons only 16 of them were proud boys, 10 of which have been charged. Doesn't sound like much of a presence from a group that numbers in their tens of thousands. Almost as if the order from the top was to not attend!

Please add a further $10aud to my account for setting you straight.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Thousands of people present and NYT reckons only 16 of them were proud boys, 10 of which have been charged. Doesn't sound like much of a presence from a group that numbers in their tens of thousands. Almost as if the order from the top was to not attend!

For someone who claims to be tech savvy, you still haven't worked out a wallet address?

Mexico will pay it

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

"We are electricians, carpenters, financial advisors, mechanics, etc. More than that, we are fathers, brothers, uncles and sons"
Yeah, so are the Taliban. Doesn't stop them being terrorists.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Right click, open in private window. Otherwise pebkac.

"The leader of the Proud Boys, choked off from the financial system, is printing “Black Lives Matter” T-shirts to make money."
He trolling. Owning the libs by having them fund PB.

hiking

Rookie
Nov 13, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Does Gavin McInnes still have anything to do with the "Proud Boys"?

I remember finding out about Proud Boys around three or four years ago. And not following their current newsworthy agendas it isn't really recognisable to the kind of tongue in cheek (yet probably sincere to a degree) kind of baiting and chauvinist "lad" atmosphere. Gavin being entrenched and an original at Vice just made it even more plausible that it was just a bit of shock treatment added to some trendsetting.

Looks genuiely extreme these days, and probably has been for a while.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did you know about this second video before you tried to join them?

Warning: contains foul racist language and yes, he does what it says in the description

Mostly out of context m8, except for him calling for violence broadly which is bad.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did you (or want to) join the Proud Boys?
I liked the idea when they were new. They seemed like a dad’s beer drinking club for people who love their country. Never joined as they never existed here in Aus then. No idea if they’re really here now or if there’s just a handful of people who wear their top at protests and claim to be a chapter.

hiking

Rookie
Nov 13, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
I liked the idea when they were new. They seemed like a dad’s beer drinking club for people who love their country. Never joined as they never existed here in Aus then.
I'd say they would've had an impact on certain groups here in Australia. Especially their more palatable ideologies which wouldn't be hard to influence many people who want to belong to something they don't feel they are currently offered in mainstream society.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Proud Boys at Parliament House today.

FKafE2lXEAAr8li

I liked the idea when they were new. They seemed like a dad’s beer drinking club for people who love their country. Never joined as they never existed here in Aus then. No idea if they’re really here now or if there’s just a handful of people who wear their top at protests and claim to be a chapter.

Haha yeah, let me guess.... your dad drinks warm beer?

Will never not be hilarious that these chinless wonders would have the gayest organisation name around even at the Sydney Mardi Gras.
... or the fact they turned up to Parliament House on a non-sitting day demanding to speak to a Minister.

There's clearly no IQ test required to join.

Back