Toast Proud of the Boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Try and find the deeper meanings in life Adrian.
Enjoy the school holidays.
Be careful climbing trees on the holidays. Better stay inside play on the Xbox. And show your friends your participation ribbon. Your parents would be proud.

Be careful climbing trees on the holidays. Better stay inside play on the Xbox. And show your friends your participation ribbon. Your parents would be proud.
Thanks for your kind words Adrian, I really appreciate it.

Me do that? No. Just pointing out the obvious that you are proud of the boys losing. We all have different views. Tomorrow ill be able to buy a primership jumper of Collingwood 2019. Oh thats right we didn't make it.
I wonder, if you have kids, if you are still proud of them even if they don't win everything they enter

Last edited:

think it's easy to say we are proud of the boys but me personally think it was a terrible season. Once again injuries were s**t, our play in general apart from maybe a few games was shithouse. If it wasn't for Hawthorn upsetting the eagles we well could have been out first week of finals and then would we all have been proud? Still hopeful we can turn it around and generally compete for the flag but i think some tough decisions in the offseason need to be made. Our forward line is a massive issue and our mids I think may have got caught up in the preseason media hype a little. Bucks done an amazing job this season imo and hopefully he gets next season with a full list of players to pick from week in and week out.

I get what you're saying but disagree
Personally, I never felt that the team should have been favorites last week. I thought at best it was an even money proposition. When it rained I thought we would be up against it. When Cameron kicked the first of the last quarter, I thought that things were about to turn real ugly. I didn't for a moment question anyone's effort, I thought up until that point we had been well beaten by a team that was collectively bigger, stronger and more skilled across the 22. Then, the tables turned - which coincided with the rain at least easing and I suspect the Giants hitting the wall. Our boys could have turned their toes up and let it slide, but they didn't. I understand why some would be proud of that and I understand why some people think we let one slip. I suspect come 5.30 Saturday we may well realise how well our team stood up against what I believe to be (despite the media's portrayal) a better equipped, more balanced and stronger team.
AM I proud of losing? No
Can I acknowledge the effort and commitment to keep going? Yes
Do I think we could have won the bg dance if we fell in? Maybe
Do I think the Gants will win on Saturday? yes.

No one's denying the talent of team AFL, that said system beats talent and our system stacks up therefore no excuses.

Am I proud of the club? Yes
Am I proud of Saturday's performance, regardless of the "comeback"? No I'm seething on wasted opportunity.
Is the timing of this thread all wrong? Ah yeah, couldn't have picked a worse time to put up a thread stating pride around the club immediately after the team s*** the bed.

if anyone thinks the Pies weren't heavy favourites against a team who's only win on the "G" was a few points over a putrid Melbourne is not quiet right in the head. We were playing at home after a weeks rest against an interstate team who had 4 of their top 10 players out and had been on the road since the first week of the finals! Was a dismal performance and another wasted opportunity just like last year!!

if anyone thinks the Pies weren't heavy favourites against a team who's only win on the "G" was a few points over a putrid Melbourne is not quiet right in the head. We were playing at home after a weeks rest against an interstate team who had 4 of their top 10 players out and had been on the road since the first week of the finals! Was a dismal performance and another wasted opportunity just like last year!!
They beat us at the G in 2018

Facts are a pain, aren't they?

They beat us at the G in 2018

Facts are a pain, aren't they?

what has last year got to do with this year? did they have green, colignio, whitfield, ward and an injured davis not playing? were they up against a fully rested team in finals after being on the road for 2 weeks! Last year has absolutely nothing to do with last weeks game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missing from our best side - De Goey, Beams, Langdon, Cox and Wells.

Doesn't erase the effort and never mentioned as such.

Pretty much exactly what you're implying. Pride isn't something you can pick and choose when to apply. It's an overarching emotion. Being disappointed about 1 particular aspect doesn't erase it or put it on hold.

Pretty much exactly what you're implying. Pride isn't something you can pick and choose when to apply. It's an overarching emotion. Being disappointed about 1 particular aspect doesn't erase it or put it on hold.

No I'm not and don't be so arrogant as to assume what i'm implying.

I said many times I'm proud of the club on this forum and threads, however I'm certainly disappointed even angry about the wasted opportunity on Saturday and if you don't like I don't give a s***.

I said many times I'm proud of the club on this forum and threads, however I'm certainly disappointed even angry about the wasted opportunity on Saturday and if you don't like I don't give a s***.

Arogant? I was actually being kind and giving you the benefit of the doubt.

In any case nothing to be proud of because we are either just not that good and didn't deserve to be there in the first place or we s*** the bed.

So what's to be proud of?

I'd be proud of that IF we won it

I think you are being unfairly pilloried here.

I think we can be proud of the turnaround in the club from 2017 but at the same time not be proud of more recent endeavours.

It’s like a child, you can be proud of the child over the course of its life, but if the child gets suspended from school because of a fight you also can not be proud of the child’s recent behaviour.

The two concepts are not mutually exclusive imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back