Opinion Proud of the Past?? Confident of the Future!

Remove this Banner Ad

Think my favourite one is Howard, drafted as a forward, then goes to half back, then goes back to forward because of lack of development of other key forwards... Certainly good for development... Cough Weitering Cough...
Yep, we've developed a key forward by accident, by switching him to defence where we're actually willing to give him games, and gotten him up to the speed of the league. Watch Howard move back to defence with Dixon back as well.

Our KPF development under Hinkley has been horrendous, while we've simultaneously spent most of his tenure too short up forward. It's maddening.

There's an argument to be made that you're better off trading for established talls than drafting unknown talls. How many first round picks would you need to use on tall forwards/rucks to be reasonably assured of picking 1 quality tall? Maybe 3? Might as well just cut out the crap and trade a couple of first rounders for known quantities as we did with Ryder and Dixon.

How many late picks do you have to use to be assured of picking a quality tall too? Many more than 3 for every 1 I would suspect.
At this very early stage Dougal looks like a draft success but there's a high chance that Frampton will be delisted before getting too many more chances.
I really hope we aren't a club that just expects other clubs to develop players for us instead of us being too afraid to do it ourselves. What would be the point of any club using early picks on talls if that was everyone's attitude?

This week against a team without their FB or talls is the perfect time to see make some decisions on some certain "key" forwards
Traditionally under Hinkley we've used the opportunity provided by our opponents lacking talls to drop talls of our own.

Traditionally under Hinkley we've used the opportunity provided by our opponents lacking talls to drop talls of our own.

Bit of a make or break game for those who are still giving hinkley whatever benefit of the doubt they have left

Bit of a make or break game for those who are still giving hinkley whatever benefit of the doubt they have left
This selection night and game gives many opportunities for Ken to show he's learnt.
1. Not rushing back Wines because 'Co-Captains'
2. If Dixon does come in Howard stays forward with him.
3. Keeping in younger players with higher ceilings when there's a clear choice - Ie. Farrell over S. Gray even if S. Gray may be slightly better now. He's not going to improve with more game time, Farrell will.
4. Not unbalancing the side by bringing in both Rockliff and Wines.
5. Dropping Motlop for a run of average form.

If Rockliff is fit and Dixon does play, then I'm expecting a 0 from 5 for 'Lesson's learnt' from Ken.

cant stand our mix in the midfield cant afford to wait too long for Butters and Rozee and Dursma to become proper midfielders either. Don't understand why Atley is excluded from our midfield, whilst he is an inside mid, he is significantly faster than Rockliff or Wines or even Drew...

In our dreams we might be lucky for this to happen

Bass is a well respected coach in SA and in VIC, unsure what he has done that would suggest he is not a good candidate for a head coach position. Not his fault westhoff cant kick straight nor is it his fault our midfield mix is toast and cant kick to anyone on the chest

Your forward structure is a mess Nathan. If you succeeded Ken as our coach we would never ever score a goal

Bass is a well respected coach in SA and in VIC, unsure what he has done that would suggest he is not a good candidate for a head coach position. Not his fault westhoff cant kick straight nor is it his fault our midfield mix is toast and cant kick to anyone on the chest
You're an odd unit Bass.

FWIW I'd be happy with Schofield as head coach (I want someone attacking) either Bass or Monty as senior assistant ton
bring in the defensive side.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This selection night and game gives many opportunities for Ken to show he's learnt.
1. Not rushing back Wines because 'Co-Captains'
2. If Dixon does come in Howard stays forward with him.
3. Keeping in younger players with higher ceilings when there's a clear choice - Ie. Farrell over S. Gray even if S. Gray may be slightly better now. He's not going to improve with more game time, Farrell will.

If Rockliff is fit and Dixon does play, then I'm expecting a 0 from 5 for 'Lesson's learnt' from Ken.
I agree with all of your points and I'll add Drew must play ahead of Rockliff and Garner ahead of Broadbent. But Sam Gray is no chance of being dropped, like Amon, has cemented his spot in the team by playing some good footy. He also has a few years left, if playing well, so there's no need to push him out for youth, yet.

You're an odd unit Bass.

FWIW I'd be happy with Schofield as head coach (I want someone attacking) either Bass or Monty as senior assistant ton
bring in the defensive side.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reckon he has what it takes to be a senior coach if we sack Hinkley if we lose this weekend in a manner like we did last year or the way we did to Hawthorn?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back