PS3 and the Sony Service Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 5, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hey guys,

Yesterday my ps3 stopped working, my assumption being the blu ray diode is dead as i can get to the XMB but discs aren't reading. Anyway so far I've ascertained that my extended warranty from Myer is still good even though its a release 60gb model (so happy about this) and both Sony and Myer have been really really helpful and good about everything, I actually thought it would be really hard to get this stuff organised but it's been a breeze.

My question relates to how long I will be without my ps3 when it goes to the service centre? I'm a bit nervous I'm going to miss out on the relase of CoD MW2 but if that's the case there's not much I can do about it is there. Anyone sent theirs off to the hospital? What was the period it was gone for? Thanks for the help.

better off kicking up a storm

screaming in the store

crying - sobbing - fall to your knees and screaming whyyyyyyy at the top of your lungs right in the middle of the games department

ringing the store manager every day threatening to go to today tonight

threaten to call the CEO

etc etc

They will give you a new PS3

guaranteed

screaming in the store

crying - sobbing - fall to your knees and screaming whyyyyyyy at the top of your lungs right in the middle of the games department

threaten to call the CEO

etc etc

guaranteed

and all it costs is your dignity :thumbsu:

screaming in the store

threaten to call the CEO

etc etc

guaranteed

Well as much as I would like a new slim I'm quite attached to my old 60gb first release ps3 so I'd prefer to keep it. It's just the disc player as far as I can tell so should get my own machine back I think.

screaming in the store

threaten to call the CEO

etc etc

guaranteed
this wont work

at least not at my store, ill just walk off make sure our cameras are recording and remember for future lols

Well as much as I would like a new slim I'm quite attached to my old 60gb first release ps3 so I'd prefer to keep it. It's just the disc player as far as I can tell so should get my own machine back I think.

You get the same model back.

I recently went through this process and I must say they were pretty good, got the refurb back in a week. Just make sure you do a back up of your data first and swap out any non std HDD's as that will go (I know, scandalous).

I agonised whether or not to wait for my unit or get a re-furb, in the end their assurances that i wouldn't be able to tell the difference, and that it would be replaced by the exact same model number, won me over. And they're right - the unit arrives with a new plastic case and a couple of days later you're over the whole question and just glad you got a shiny new unit back in a short space of time. And who knows, maybe the guy who previously owned it took great care with it too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tried real heard to get a new unit, first through EB then Sony Tech Support then the Sony Helpdesk Manager. Failed in my efforts, no one even budged an inch for a second.
If you just give up a PS3 to a whinging customer you will lose your job before sony credits your store the money

Not kidding on that faulty PS3 outside of their 7 days breakdown window it must get sent away for assessment

Wasn't whingeing...had the unit for 30 days, had used it about 10 times as I'd been on holiday during that time. I was fairly pissed and rightly so.
Id imagine so, i meant in general we cant buckle on consoles too much of a write off
gaming stores wont budge but department stores will - they write them off - got nothing to do with sony
Who do you think credits written off PS3s/XBoxs/Wiis etc to the Department store. Santa?

Things that get written off are sent back to the manufacturer and the department store gets credit, if a console has been used and found to be faulty and it wasnt sent to them first (ie sony/nintendo/microsoft) the department store gets no credit on it.

my ps3 died in the ass a couple days ago.. i cant go the 3-4 weeks without so ill just buy a slimline.. they are only like $450 so its well worth it.

same thing happened with my xbox.. 3 rings of death, went and purchased a new one, put the old broken one in the new box and took it back that same day, said i just bought this and it doesnt work, they gave me a brand new one on the spot and i ended up with two. traded them in for a ps3 the next day.

*ing oceans 11 s**t right there.

my ps3 died in the ass a couple days ago.. i cant go the 3-4 weeks without so ill just buy a slimline.. they are only like $450 so its well worth it.

same thing happened with my xbox.. 3 rings of death, went and purchased a new one, put the old broken one in the new box and took it back that same day, said i just bought this and it doesnt work, they gave me a brand new one on the spot and i ended up with two. traded them in for a ps3 the next day.

*ing oceans 11 s**t right there.

Thats hilarious, so they didnt check the serial number on the machines ? Thats what would happen to me if I did that !! lol

Thats hilarious, so they didnt check the serial number on the machines ? Thats what would happen to me if I did that !! lol

i did it at office works and they didnt check anything.. the bloke just said thats strange.. ill grab another one for you and send this back to microsoft. felt great when i walked outta the shop with a brand new xbox haha

Wow that's clever. Never would have thought of that, almost glad it wasn't an option (trading a phat for a thin - maybe they wouldn't have noticed lol) as I would be kicking myself now.

Id imagine so, i meant in general we cant buckle on consoles too much of a write off

Who do you think credits written off PS3s/XBoxs/Wiis etc to the Department store. Santa?

Things that get written off are sent back to the manufacturer and the department store gets credit, if a console has been used and found to be faulty and it wasnt sent to them first (ie sony/nintendo/microsoft) the department store gets no credit on it.

i think you will find the department store would just wear it as shrinkage in the cases im talking about it - sony/nintendo/microsoft have nothing to do with it

thats what shrinkage budgets are for

Remove this Banner Ad

Back