PS3 Technical woes

Remove this Banner Ad

May 14, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Anybody else have issues with their PS3??

PS3 tech woes escalate

Over the weekend many PS3 owners began complaining that they were unable to log onto PSN, with an error message occurring citing a problem with syncing a user’s Trophy information with the network
Not signing in didn't bother me but when i went to play my Fifa 10 MM this happened
reports have since escalated with many users alleging that even machines that are not connected to the internet are suffering problems. Reports seem mostly linked to old-style ‘fat’ PS3s.
Seems I've lost all the Data for Fifa 10 :)mad::mad:) hopefully once fixed, it will all still be there.

All around the world, PlayStation 3 consoles simply aren't working like they're supposed to, with an error preventing people from not just going online, but from playing some PS3 games offline as well.

http://kotaku.com/5482328/ps3s-suffering-from-global-network-lockdown

I'm having the same problem. I cant get into games and it's deleting my trophies. Not happy!

My slim just pooped itself, playing perfectly one minute, now it wont let me log in :(

I'm glad other people are having the same problem, Fifa is the main game that i'm struggling with, cant get past the language selection

I haven't been able to log in for a couple of days.. the date has also been set to 1/1/2000 and the time 10.38am... even if i fix it, the next time i start up the ps3 its back to that same date!

I'm glad other people are having the same problem, Fifa is the main game that i'm struggling with, cant get past the language selection

exact same thing with me mate... trying to play Fifa10 last night... got to the language screen and the error about trophies appeared:eek:

I don't really care about the trophies... but I want to be able to play the fuggin game...

My clock was also reset to 1/1/2000 :rolleyes:

That's the problem Sealz. Apparently the PS3's dont recognize Feb 28th as the last month of Feb and it's not a leap year so they reset to dec 31st, and if your date resets then you cant play or do anything.

Supposed to be fixed today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had the exact same problem as everybody else but i just turned it on and it works fine. I was able to sign in and play downloaded games. The only error was that the date said 29th of May 2016 but a quick sync via internet fixed that.

If it's the 28/2 that's the issue - why didn't this occur last year?

mines reset to 1/1 as well

I have absolutely no idea haha, but if I were to guess, it would most likely be a firmwire update that has caused the problem, but has gone unnoticed until it actually occured. That's what I think anyway, so don't quote me on it.

I have absolutely no idea haha, but if I were to guess, it would most likely be a firmwire update that has caused the problem, but has gone unnoticed until it actually occured. That's what I think anyway, so don't quote me on it.

Not criticising, just talking it out.

But then surely it wouldn't be only the Fats copping this, it'd be all, as they'd all have the same firmware updates applied?

It doesn't make sense to me

so thats why my clock was forward 8 minutes on sunday.. havent turned it on since then... its not like i have any new games to play anyway lol

i hope they get it fixed and bug-free

Not criticising, just talking it out.

But then surely it wouldn't be only the Fats copping this, it'd be all, as they'd all have the same firmware updates applied?

It doesn't make sense to me

Yeah I know what you mean, I've got no idea why this issue would pop up at all, let alone just for older PS3's. It's not helping that Sony haven't clarified on it either.

It's not helping that Sony haven't clarified on it either.

That's Japanese companies for you, the whole shame thing. The amount of recalls Toyota have had that didn't get labelled as recalls would surprise you. One of them they did with a model year of Hilux was to call every owner and work a swap program to keep it quiet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back