Lingsface

Premiership Player
May 9, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
WA's APS competition, anyone got any thoughts on the season so far.
My observations.
Scotch -at the moment is the top team with Hudson Wheeler kicking 10 goals in his first game against hale) dominating along with James Thompson (son of wa football reporter Michael Thompson) who took close on 20 marks last week against aquinas playing from the ruck.

Hale - The expected players are playing well with not much after that they are, Benjamin,Morton,Lunberger, Bartley and year 11 Bellini.

Trinity- with scotch the only team to not be defeated after 3 rds- with Monterosso Collins and Embley all playing well.

SHARE YOUR OPINIONS!!!!!!

are scotch college perth a good team in wa?coz wen they came over a few months ago to play scotch melb, scotch melb absolutley dominated the game and won by a good 100 points,maybe scotch perth didnt have their full team but scotch melb certainly didnt have a good team either, shows that the wa standard of football is no where near victorias standard.

Lingsface said:
WA's APS competition, anyone got any thoughts on the season so far.
My observations.
Scotch James Thompson (son of wa football reporter Michael Thompson) who took close on 20 marks last week against aquinas playing from the ruck.

If, according to your observations, Thomson(not Thompson) took close on 20 marks, either you can not count or you weren't at the game. What on earth has the fact that he is the son of Michael Thomson got to do with it?

chaz051 said:
are scotch college perth a good team in wa?coz wen they came over a few months ago to play scotch melb, scotch melb absolutley dominated the game and won by a good 100 points,maybe scotch perth didnt have their full team but scotch melb certainly didnt have a good team either, shows that the wa standard of football is no where near victorias standard.
in my opinion i think that last years trinity college team would have been close to being the best football school in australia.

On the subject of PSA Football and the WA 18's Squad, if Jarrad Morton isn't one of the best players in that competition and a better player than Benjamin given that he's in the Squad, then I know nothing about the game!

Trinity College is once again unbeatable this season having beaten scotch last week by over 20 points who were the other posing threat.
Trinity has a strong team all the way across the board with a number of the team being involved in colts football and a few being in the 16s squad.
The scotch team and the aquines team are the other teams to watch out for if scotch can get a little bit more team oriented and not rely on tomo and huddo

hale put it together on the weekend at last and showed that they can beat all the teams in the comp, but its going to be hard with leunberger and benjamin out for the next three weeks.

This week is the big game between the two arch rivals in aquines and trinity.
Trinity are unbeaten and are looking good but as everyone knows aquines always manages to put up a huge fight every game.
get down there to watch!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dorra said:
This week is the big game between the two arch rivals in aquines and trinity.
Trinity are unbeaten and are looking good but as everyone knows aquines always manages to put up a huge fight every game.
get down there to watch!!!!
come watch hale wesley instead

ScottyB said:
If, according to your observations, Thomson(not Thompson) took close on 20 marks, either you can not count or you weren't at the game. What on earth has the fact that he is the son of Michael Thomson got to do with it?
i was at the game and he would of taken between 15-20 marks, and he is michael thompsons son, a football reporter who would have strong links with afl clubs, just a fact

Lingsface said:
i was at the game and he would of taken between 15-20 marks, and he is michael thompsons son, a football reporter who would have strong links with afl clubs, just a fact

If you were at the game , you clearly can not count and given the way you spell that's not surprising. The fact that he is the son of Michael Thomson (not Thompson) a fact that most people know anyway will not help him in any way as far as AFL Clubs are concerned. If he was any good he'd be in the 18's Squad.
Take your calculator with you this Saturday and see if you can get it right re how many marks he takes, if you happen to speak with him tell he should play like a Captain and lead by example, like his Trinity counterpart does instead of looking like Tarzan and playing like Jane.

a mate i have about 5 other people that watched the match that said he would of taken between 15-20 marks that game, and the fact that he is michael thomsons son could help him. I dont see montys name being mentioned in the 18s squad either so does that make him a ******** player.

I was at the Aquanis Scotch game when Thomo absoulutley dominated the packs all over the ground with out doubt he took 15+ marks from the ruck.

Hale are looking a lot better after their win against the new and improved guilford line up. They will come home strong in the later half of the season and will be alot more competitive. They will not go down without a fight and they will be depleated with there strong players Clint benjiman and Matt Luenburger out due to the state 18s. This shouldnt hurt hale too much as they have plenty more tall options.

PSA BOY said:
I was at the Aquanis Scotch game when Thomo absoulutley dominated the packs all over the ground with out doubt he took 15+ marks from the ruck.

Apart from the fact that you have the same problems re counting and spelling as Lingsface, did you also happen to notice that he got flogged in the Ruck? same as he did against Trinity.

Lingsface said:
a mate i have about 5 other people that watched the match that said he would of taken between 15-20 marks that game, and the fact that he is michael thomsons son could help him. I dont see montys name being mentioned in the 18s squad either so does that make him a ******** player.

It's a little sad that you have friends that also can't count and the fact that he is Michael Thomsons son wont help him in the least.
The Trinity Captain is not good enough to be in the 18's either but he is a better Captain and player because he is a better mark and kick, he plays with passion, wins the hard ball and doesn't rely on other players to do the hard work.

PSA BOY said:
Hale are looking a lot better after their win against the new and improved guilford line up. They will come home strong in the later half of the season and will be alot more competitive. They will not go down without a fight and they will be depleated with there strong players Clint benjiman and Matt Luenburger out due to the state 18s. This shouldnt hurt hale too much as they have plenty more tall options.

I watched that game against Guildford and thought that Hale were vastly superior mind you Guildford were fairly ordinary. I really cant see any of them knocking off Trinity.

ScottyB said:
It's a little sad that you have friends that also can't count and the fact that he is Michael Thomsons son wont help him in the least.
The Trinity Captain is not good enough to be in the 18's either but he is a better Captain and player because he is a better mark and kick, he plays with passion, wins the hard ball and doesn't rely on other players to do the hard work.
Mate im a big fan of monty, but obviously you have something against thommo i dont no what it is but keep your odd opinion and get over what ever he has done to you. You say that monty is a better kick and mark i dont agree with the marking bit, but im sure thommo has alot more athletism.

mick ryan said:
I watched that game against Guildford and thought that Hale were vastly superior mind you Guildford were fairly ordinary. I really cant see any of them knocking off Trinity.

Clinton Benjamin finally had a good game and kicked a few, also have Guildford got Murray Rances son playing for them, if so, is he showing any promise like his old man? I also see he is in the State 16's

What PSA players are currently playing WAFL league or colts when not playing PSA?? How are they all fairing and are any looking to be drafted like last years PSA players Morton and Franklin?

Are Hale going to defeat Wesley with Leuenberger and Benjamin missing?

Also Aquinas and Trinity is a big match and whose going to win that, I see Trinity's Paul Collins got best for East Perth colts last weekend vs a weak West Perth side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back