Prediction PSD pick 1: Best 18 year old not drafted in ND?

Who to take with PSD pick 1

• Sydney Stack

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • Jarrod Brander

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Darcy Tucker

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Max Lynch

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm assuming he's torn between agreeing to what amounts to a one-year good behaviour bond with the club that stood by him through the Covid scandals, and entertaining more lucrative offers from a competitor. For which he'd be presumably ostracised from the Richmond community. (the CCJ dummy spits would have nothing on that) What other theories are there?

We might as well take Stack as well then - the tuggers can get all their booing over and done with in one game.

I did have a laugh at some of the Tigers narrative that CCJ owed them anything based upon a night out but I'd kind of get it if Stack walked out on them after trade period to go to any club, let alone us, at pick 1 in the PSD. He was pretty much the highest rated WA kid in his draft year but attitude slipped him out of both the national and rookie drafts and IIRC he had to live with the Hardwicks for a while before they decided to take a punt on him. His behaviour hasn't necessarily been sterling since.

Worth it for the melts, sure. I imagine his social media would be on hiatus for a while though. At that, I don't think he's going anywhere.

I did have a laugh at some of the Tigers narrative that CCJ owed them anything based upon a night out but I'd kind of get it if Stack walked out on them after trade period to go to any club, let alone us, at pick 1 in the PSD. He was pretty much the highest rated WA kid in his draft year but attitude slipped him out of both the national and rookie drafts and IIRC he had to live with the Hardwicks for a while before they decided to take a punt on him. His behaviour hasn't necessarily been sterling since.

Worth it for the melts, sure. I imagine his social media would be on hiatus for a while though. At that, I don't think he's going anywhere.
From our perspective. When I think of our uncontracted guys.
I would be happy if any of them got a gig elsewhere next year.
If someone isn't signed up this late they are totally gettable.
The tiger know this, I'm surprised they have not signed him yet.
They clearly don't value him on something outside of his performances week by week.
His footy 100% warrants a contract.

From our perspective. When I think of our uncontracted guys.
I would be happy if any of them got a gig elsewhere next year.
If someone isn't signed up this late they are totally gettable.
The tiger know this, I'm surprised they have not signed him yet.
They clearly don't value him on something outside of his performances week by week.
His footy 100% warrants a contract.
enough to make any club nervous about taking him on

He's broken Covid public health orders twice, and found himself in prison because of it, he's gotten in trouble with the cops for fighting people, and his dedication to the rigors of professional training has been pretty touch and go at times.

Having said all that, even if he doesn't end up at Arden St, I hope he stays on the straight and narrow for a few years. He's an exciting player with undeniable talent.

He went to jail because WA's laws are ****ing stupid, and this is coming from a pro-lockdown person.

He hasn't got "behavioural problems", he's 22. Lots of footy players got up to mischief last year, the difference is they weren't caught.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He went to jail because WA's laws are ****ing stupid, and this is coming from a pro-lockdown person.

He hasn't got "behavioural problems", he's 22. Lots of footy players got up to mischief last year, the difference is they weren't caught.

You're talking as if the Northbridge incident was a one-off.

The bottom line is his football career has time and again been derailed by repeated mistakes, and those mistakes have led him to the situation he's in now, where his club is offering him only one year.

Have not got a single issue with stack having been caught up in some curious decision making as a young fella. The club has some great leaders, and some really hard working young professionals that if stack come over to join us he could easily fall into their slipstream. I like him as a PSD option and would offer a 2 or 3 year deal, roll the dice and hope it comes up 7. Got some real talent, and I would chuck up him forward next to his late night lamb sandwich mate

Really happy with the ccj trade thank you very much. Stacky is already signed up, just not announced yet. Good luck for next year.

Back