Prediction PSD pick 1: Best 18 year old not drafted in ND?

Who to take with PSD pick 1

• Sydney Stack

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • Jarrod Brander

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Darcy Tucker

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Max Lynch

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
FYI to all, Constable would be a delisted free agent not a PSD

seperate to this thread and Wicks and Stack who have not been delisted and have contracts from their clubs offered to them
I was thinking that. What it will mean is we are less likely to use PSD 1 IMO.
It also means our un contracted guys are all most likely done.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Constable is anti our recent selection policy on mids.

Does he have pace? No.
Is he flexible positionally? No.

No chance.
He is probably tall enough to be a third tall defender. But if we are going with wacky positional changes Id prefer Comben down there.
I don't see what he offers us other than being a one paced mid.

Swallow_Wood

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He is probably tall enough to be a third tall defender. But if we are going with wacky positional changes Id prefer Comben down there.
I don't see what he offers us other than being a one paced mid.
We already have a slow third tall defender in Ziebell. Plus we can swing Young and Bonar through there too.

Constable has nothing we need.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Long and Knevitt both tested well physically and are bigger then Constable.

If we really wanted one of these tall midfield types, we could probably just get one in the draft.

I would find it baffling if we picked up Constable given we are likely to turf Dumont.

If we pickup another midfielder in the first or second rounds of the next 2-3 drafts they are very likely going to have a unique point of difference (Size & Speed, flexible fwd/back etc)

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
God I hope we are not into Constable.
Dumont>constable easily.
No. In terms of midfield depth (that is as an inside mid) constanble is better. Constable has actually shut down AFL midfielders. Dumont as an inside mid was worse than Ed Lowers foray into tagging.
Constable is probably faster too.

Not sure where this sudden "every player needs to be fast" need has come from. Last i checked contested ball winners don't need blistering pace (Cunnington def doesn't). People seem to forget the adelaide game. Cunnington wasn't there and we got monstered by ben keays. Someone has to be at the bottom of the packs to feed it out to the better ball users. I'd rather stephenson, jy, LDU be on the end receiving it and bursting away vs. getting in and under.

Give me the 190cm 22 year old over dumont any day. We need Cunnington backup. And not short people that get bossed by ben keays.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
It won't be Sam Wicks (it was never gonna be Stack either) so while the PSD was a nice option if the right player came along, RIP PSD pick 1.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
The other thing we can do is if we have to take 2 rookies instead of taking them at pick 1 and 19 in the rookie draft

take one at PSD pick 1 and the other at rookie pick 1
That way we don’t have to wait to see who others select

Isn't the PSD senior list?

Chat Pile

Hammers and grease.
Sweet F.A. Reigning Premiers - Gumbies - SFA
Jun 29, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Forgive my ignorance, I don't follow the draft very closely but what happens if you guys don't use it? Does it just vanish?

Back