Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 9, 2002
On a park bench
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sturt
OK, bag me if you want... but I just returned home from one of the best concerts I have seen,

A classic Aussie 80's band, they didn't need to draw on Count Down history by miming, just great music and a good time had by all.

It is nice to see a band reform because they enjoy it, you could see it in Brian Canham's face. It is not like he needs the money, he has been making more money behind the scenes than he ever did with PE (I beleive he was manager of Screaming Jets at one stage amongets others.. Santos may have more info).

I missed the PE concert in Adelaide around 1997, people who went told me it was fantastic, so I was not gonna miss this... and was not let down.

Go the 80s!!!

TwiggyDunn

Team Captain
Suspended
Brian Canham never managed the Screaming Jets.

And yes he has struggled for a buck thats why he put together the Psuedo Echo re-union and kept running with it.

And if they love the 80s so much why dont they play anything off their best album Race. The Leigh brothers in Invertigo have put Canham to shame. Hes stuck in the past and gone nowhere. Brill was a huge flop. Forcing him to cash in on Pseudo Echo's past to do anything.

Bloodstained Angel

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2000
Sydney, Nsw, Australia
Anyone remember the all-in riot these guys caused on the Glenelg Foreshoe in 1982 ?

ahh those were the days - get smashed at Glenelg, listen to a silly 80's hairdresser band, then thump a few coppers and set fire to their paddy wagons.

such a simple time, full of such simple uncomplicated pleasures:p

cheers

Docker_Brat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 9, 2002
On a park bench
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sturt
Originally posted by Bloodstained Angel
Anyone remember the all-in riot these guys caused on the Glenelg Foreshoe in 1982 ?

ahh those were the days - get smashed at Glenelg, listen to a silly 80's hairdresser band, then thump a few coppers and set fire to their paddy wagons.

cheers
Bloody hell, I had forgotten about that one! Didn't Sandii and the Sunsetz play at that show as well?

Funniest memory of that effort was watching the news and there was a bloke wearing a Sturt Cheer Squad jacket throwing something at the camera man...

Docker_Brat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 9, 2002
On a park bench
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sturt
Originally posted by TwiggyDunn
Brian Canham never managed the Screaming Jets.

And yes he has struggled for a buck thats why he put together the Psuedo Echo re-union and kept running with it.

And if they love the 80s so much why dont they play anything off their best album Race. The Leigh brothers in Invertigo have put Canham to shame. Hes stuck in the past and gone nowhere. Brill was a huge flop. Forcing him to cash in on Pseudo Echo's past to do anything.
Oh OK. I knew Brill did sweet FA.

What band was he involved in then? Wasn't Chocolate Starfish was it?

Docker_Brat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 9, 2002
On a park bench
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sturt
Re: Re: Pseudo Echo

Originally posted by Blues_Girl

and you had the cheek to abuse my taste in music......I have no respect for you anymore either!:p
Bloody Westlife.

Homer Simpson did a superior version of 'Uptown Girl'

:D

Santos L Helper

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2001
Arrogant Prick
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Originally posted by Bloodstained Angel

cheers

Sorry BSA, but I believe the band which caused the riot was Siouxie and the Banshees. I always thank my lucky stars (or is that curse my bad luck?) that I left that gig early.

Grendel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 23, 2000
Spanish Announcers table
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Originally posted by Docker_Brat

Bloody hell, I had forgotten about that one! Didn't Sandii and the Sunsetz play at that show as well?

Funniest memory of that effort was watching the news and there was a bloke wearing a Sturt Cheer Squad jacket throwing something at the camera man...

There was one major pneumatic babe! Asian as well, Russ Meyer would have approved (I know I did)! :D Hadnt heard that name in a long long time.

Docker_Brat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 9, 2002
On a park bench
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sturt
Originally posted by Santos L Helper

Sorry BSA, but I believe the band which caused the riot was Siouxie and the Banshees. I always thank my lucky stars (or is that curse my bad luck?) that I left that gig early.
Sorry to correct you Santos, but it was Sandii and the Sunsetz, I confuse them both as well.. I had to drag out an old compilation album to find that name :)

Docker_Brat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 9, 2002
On a park bench
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sturt
Originally posted by Grendel

There was one major pneumatic babe! Asian as well, Russ Meyer would have approved (I know I did)! :D Hadnt heard that name in a long long time.
She had some major plastic surgery.. dunno why, she looked pretty hot anyways ;)

Santos L Helper

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2001
Arrogant Prick
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Originally posted by Docker_Brat

Sorry to correct you Santos, but it was Sandii and the Sunsetz, I confuse them both as well.. I had to drag out an old compilation album to find that name :)

Hmmm, still not convinced, but I'll take your word for it for now.;)

Docker_Brat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 9, 2002
On a park bench
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sturt
Originally posted by Santos L Helper

Hmmm, still not convinced, but I'll take your word for it for now.;)
Ahh you could be right. Curse this alcohol induced memory loss :D

If I was still in Adelaide I would be tempted to go to the library to look it up, it's pissing me off now. ;)

Back