Society/Culture Psuedoscientific nonsense

AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stoke City, Dortmund, San José, As
So an American friend has come to my Taiwanese city to visit me and says he won't drink bubble tea because it contains octopus eggs.

Given what I know about bubble rea and what I have drank here I call bullshit. He reads a lot of hysterical vegan nonsense due to having a few vegan friends. It's not healthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kickazz

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Great article by Wendy Tuohy in the Fairfax press on one of the great contemporary charlatans, Pete Evans:

https://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle...e-toxic-parenting-advice-20190314-p51498.html

attention-grabbing efforts – such as his suggestion online to an osteoporosis sufferer to cease consuming dairy because “calcium from dairy can remove the calcium from your bones ... most doctors don't know this information”

included a recipe for bone broth for infants which contained such massive amounts of vitamin A that his paleo diet for children cookbook was pulled.

Yesterday it was revealed he endorsed an anti-vaccination podcast, titled Vaccines: life, disability or death?, to 1.5 million people on his public Facebook page, calling it "one of the most important podcasts to listen to".
Whether it be poisoning from vitamin A or a bout of avoidable pertussis; why is it, Pete, that you are so hell bent on killing babies?

Top Bottom