Society/Culture Psuedoscientific nonsense

Remove this Banner Ad

• Banned
36431871_2058358057516037_765691981958479872_n.jpg

The same national cancer institute lied about cannabis and lied about chemo.

Can't believe anything they say

BC36329E-E05C-4EDE-9C5F-64B4BC3F14F0.jpeg

http://whatculture.com/science/7-hilariously-batsht-things-david-avocado-wolfe-believes

Gravity is not intrinsic to matter. That Carl Sagan idea that was sold to us on Cosmos on PBS, was sold to us deliberately to actually confuse us just so you know that. There’s people who have known that gravity is a force that can be displaced. There’s people that have known that since the 50s or even earlier than that. But by screwing up, confusing our mind about things, and giving us incorrect theories we were brain washed into a totally different belief system. That gravity is intrinsic to all matter, we’re fighting gravity, we have to push our way through gravity to launch a craft up into outer space, all this nonsense.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some people will come running whenever they hear about a 'natural remedy' to some ill, thinking that being natural makes it more effective and less harmful.

I run in the other direction. My general rule is: if doctors (who unlike me have been to medical school and undergo 50 hours of professional development every year) are not prescribing or recommending it, it's bullshit and not worth my cash.

So much money gets wasted on snake oil. Being gullible is expensive.

Some people will come running whenever they hear about a 'natural remedy' to some ill, thinking that being natural makes it more effective and less harmful.

I run in the other direction. My general rule is: if doctors (who unlike me have been to medical school and undergo 50 hours of professional development every year) are not prescribing or recommending it, it's bullshit and not worth my cash.

There's too much independent scientific research for any "conspiracy" to ever take hold regarding "natural remedies", with the exception of diet and nutrition.

There's too much independent scientific research for any "conspiracy" to ever take hold regarding "natural remedies", with the exception of diet and nutrition.
Same goes for weight loss. Charlatans have tried to sell every trick under the sun but one dietician put it very succinctly: 'Eat food. Mostly plants. Not too much.'

Reminds me of the Tim Minchin quote.
"You know what they call natural medicine that actually works? Medicine."

Reminds me of the Tim Minchin quote.
"You know what they call natural medicine that actually works? Medicine."

'Alternative medicine by definition has either not been proved to work, or has been proved not to work.

Do you know what they call alternative medicine that has been proved to work? Medicine.'

View attachment 525657

http://whatculture.com/science/7-hilariously-batsht-things-david-avocado-wolfe-believes

Gravity is not intrinsic to matter. That Carl Sagan idea that was sold to us on Cosmos on PBS, was sold to us deliberately to actually confuse us just so you know that. There’s people who have known that gravity is a force that can be displaced. There’s people that have known that since the 50s or even earlier than that. But by screwing up, confusing our mind about things, and giving us incorrect theories we were brain washed into a totally different belief system. That gravity is intrinsic to all matter, we’re fighting gravity, we have to push our way through gravity to launch a craft up into outer space, all this nonsense.
Pfft - Superman has known that for decades.

Nigerian healer killed in 'bullet-proof' charm test

5 July 2018

A self-styled traditional healer in Nigeria has died after one of his clients tested his "bullet-proof" charms on him.

Chinaka Adoezuwe, 26, was killed after instructing the man to shoot him as he was wearing the charms around his neck. Police in the country's south-eastern Imo state say the client has been arrested on suspicion of murder.

Charms are popular in Nigeria, where traditional healers are consulted for cures for various ailments. But there have been several reports of people being killed after testing "bullet-proof" charms and medicines. "A young man had gone to [the healer] to prepare bullet-proof charms for him, which the native doctor did," a villager told the Punch newspaper. "To prove the efficacy of the new charms, [he] positioned and handed over a gun to his customer. Tragedy struck."

In January, a traditional medicine seller was arrested after a man drank a "bullet-repelling" liquid and was shot dead. The seller in north-western Nigeria reportedly assured the man that he could not die if he was shot.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-afri...l&ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_source=facebook

Same goes for weight loss. Charlatans have tried to sell every trick under the sun but one dietician put it very succinctly: 'Eat food. Mostly plants. Not too much.'

To be fair, most of the reason this weight loss stuff sells is that people are lazy.

Eating less crap, doing more exercise is all too hard.

Send me my box of shakes and tell me how good my life will be while i'm suffering raging withdrawals from actual food instead please.

10563531_10152687516884155_1890013494_n-300x298.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back