Spiritof82

Premiership Player
Jan 8, 2004
S**tny, the cesspit of OZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Bent Spoke Brewery in Civic would be good after the game, great range of different brewed beers plus close to the other bars in town, Manuka is pretty quiet and out of the way for after the game unless you are staying out that way.

philmb

Cancelled
May 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Flying to Canberra on Friday.

So Canberians, where should we go for a drink both pre and post game.

The Durham! A block or two further away from the ground compared to Kingston Hotel and Public Bar suggested above, but I reckon we could claim it as Bulldog HQ for the night.

Bent Spoke Brewery in Civic would be good after the game, great range of different brewed beers plus close to the other bars in town, Manuka is pretty quiet and out of the way for after the game unless you are staying out that way.

Yep, I'm staying in Manuka, 100m from the ground

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Cubs, Leafs, Ravens
The Caribou Bar in Kingston and the Dock on the Kingston Forshore are also good options and easy walking distance to Manuka Oval.

Hobdog

Premiership Player
May 20, 2007
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I quite like going to Walt and Burley on the Kingston Foreshore. Kingston Hotel is close but a bit of a s-hole. Believe it or not I haven’t gotten to any of the dogs games yet since I moved to Canberra in 2016. Think I’ve got a baby leave pass for this Friday!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
With the description above of The Kingston Hotel as "slightly seedy but does the job" sounds like the perfect pub for Footscray supporters.

It is also very close to the ground.

Philthy1

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
it all just depends on how tense you want the pregame warm up to be.
but it was balloons of orange and charcoal as far as the eye could see the other week.
The tenser the better as far as I am concerned. I want as much needle as possible against that focus group created entity they mistakenly call a football club.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I'll be driving 6 hours from the Western Suburbs of Melbourne on Friday morning to go watch this game and then 6 hours home the following morning.

I'm bloody excited.

Back