Public Figure Fans - Bert Newton

Remove this Banner Ad

dandylion

Rookie
Jul 2, 2002
Banana Bender
Other Teams
Lions
A buzz to see Bert wearing a Fitzroy footy jumper on the retrospective on channel 9 last night..

like john blackman he's also jumped off the lions with the merger aint he..???

Re: Bert Newton

Originally posted by dandylion
A buzz to see Bert wearing a Fitzroy footy jumper on the retrospective on channel 9 last night..

like john blackman he's also jumped off the lions with the merger aint he..???
"I've worked around showbiz people for 16 years, thier only in it for what they can get. Bert was on 3aw the monday after the
Brisbane Lions victory saying how he had got it wrong,and maybe Fitzroy does have a role to fill in the afl and it really is quite wonderfull. When the number1 membership was announced a month or to later, and it wasnt Bert, it was back to "Thier not Fitzroy, thier not my team".I've learnt the hard way to only pay attention to the people who tip money from thier own pocket into football, ignore,except those on a clubs payroll, those that take.

I saw Blackers lots and lots too in the outer. I spoke to him recently and he has no connection with the current Lions and wasnt phased in the least they won the Premiership last year.

Originally posted by Darky
I've no way of confirming this, so apologies if it's wrong, but I heard that Bert Newton wasn't a member of Fitzroy in its last years in the AFL.

Correct Darky Newton wasn't a member at Fitzroy in it's last years and for quite a number of years b4 that, but we did have lots of celebrities earlier, and you can put Alan Hardy up there as well.
Alan produced the Henderson Kids and I suppose in the long run discovered Kylie and Jason, Alan was in the Sullivans, he also produced All the Rivers Run and numerous others, Galia Hardy was a writer on the Comedy Company, their daughter Marieke was a writer on neighbours and his dad was none other than Frank Hardy.
We had lots of celebs at Fitzroy over the years Elaine Smith, Peter O'Brien, Mick from the Captain Matchbox Whoopee band, Marrianne Fahey (Kylie Mole) was a member, we had a thread long ago re all the stars. And there was always Gil Tucker every chance he wore his Fitzroy jumper.

Originally posted by Levo

Correct Darky Newton wasn't a member at Fitzroy in it's last years and for quite a number of years b4 that, but we did have lots of celebrities earlier, and you can put Alan Hardy up there as well.
Alan produced the Henderson Kids and I suppose in the long run discovered Kylie and Jason, Alan was in the Sullivans, he also produced All the Rivers Run and numerous others, Galia Hardy was a writer on the Comedy Company, their daughter Marieke was a writer on neighbours and his dad was none other than Frank Hardy.
We had lots of celebs at Fitzroy over the years Elaine Smith, Peter O'Brien, Mick from the Captain Matchbox Whoopee band, Marrianne Fahey (Kylie Mole) was a member, we had a thread long ago re all the stars. And there was always Gil Tucker every chance he wore his Fitzroy jumper.

On that Hardy family, another related name gets in the news a bit, too, usually on the side of the goodies in relation to some pretty nasty baddies.

Originally posted by Mobbenfuhrer

On that Hardy family, another related name gets in the news a bit, too, usually on the side of the goodies in relation to some pretty nasty baddies.

Yeah that (Brian) Rixy is getting to look like a baddy all the time, no hair etc, but a nice guy to have on your side, he looks more like the bloke on The Bill (Jack Meadows).

Re: Bert Newton

Bert in Roys clobber per testimonials to the late Don Lane.

186780-my-mate-don-lane.jpg
repeated here on the Bert thread.

img.jpg

Vale Bert.

It was Bert Newton that drove Kevin Murray to Channel 7 to be interviewed by Mike Williamson, after his 1969 Brownlow Medal win and then drove him to Channel 9 for Graham Kennedy’s show.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back